Author Topic: interested about miguel  (Read 11864 times)

Nightslyr

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2006, 11:16:18 am »
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

I agree with the poster above me who discounted the idea that magical fire is any different than normal fire.  To add to what the person above me said, if you're going to use the fact that the scenery in CT never caught on fire as some sort of proof that magical fire is different than non-magical fire, then I can retort with the idea that maybe one of the water innate people put out the fires after battles before they could cause damage to the surrounding areas.  Both are the results of flawed reasoning, and, quite frankly, add nothing to the discussion.

The idea that she was ready to fight because of her paranoid suspicions is also asinine.  First, no matter how paranoid she was, she still had to sleep.  If I remember correctly, the orphanage scene took place pretty late at night, suggesting it was at least at a time where the kids were asleep and she was probably too tired to fight at her best.  Secondly, it was a surprise attack.  Even if she was sure someone could be after her, there would be very little she could do.  What, she'd patrol the orphanage every night, all night long?  Unlikely.  No matter what, she was vulnerable, particularly with all of the children in harm's way.  The game makes this abundantly clear.

So, it comes down to her strength vs. his strength.  I have no doubt that Lucca could've defeated Lynx if all things were equal.  Things, however, were definitely not equal.  Lucca was, despite her best efforts, caught by surprise.  She also felt the need to ensure the orphans' safety to the best of her ability.  Engaging in a full-out fight near the children, with gun and magic blazing would've been the last thing someone as intelligent as Lucca would've attempted.  And that's what makes her disappearance (and, presumably, death) so tragic.  She willingly, knowingly, sacrificed herself because of her own kindness.  This is storytelling 101 and, again, the game makes this clear.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
interested about miguel
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2006, 12:19:12 pm »
Quote from: Nightslyr
So, it comes down to her strength vs. his strength.  I have no doubt that Lucca could've defeated Lynx if all things were equal.  Things, however, were definitely not equal.  Lucca was, despite her best efforts, caught by surprise.  She also felt the need to ensure the orphans' safety to the best of her ability.  Engaging in a full-out fight near the children, with gun and magic blazing would've been the last thing someone as intelligent as Lucca would've attempted.  And that's what makes her disappearance (and, presumably, death) so tragic.  She willingly, knowingly, sacrificed herself because of her own kindness. This is storytelling 101 and, again, the game makes this clear.

Kinda like what Crono did in Trigger. See the simlarity Zaper?

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2006, 12:34:49 pm »
What about Harle, she was there, too. A 2on1 would mean even less chance for Lucca.

Beer Pope

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2006, 03:00:45 pm »
Look up. Do you see that star? That's where this topic went. THE SUN. Let's try to stay on topic by more than a tiny strand, eh.

Anyways: 1) No matter how you look at it, Lucca was at a serious disadvantage. Ergo, the entire argument over Lucca being defeated is pointless.

2) Just for the sake of argument, let's assume that Miguel is Crono.  Now, he's been in the Dead Sea for 10 years, and aged considerably.  Crono would become noticably weaker through 10 years of little or no training.  Even if he had been training in the Dead Sea, it certainly would be a little tougher to fight an actual battle, especially with no warm-up. The point is, Crono couldn't possibly be fighting at full capacity.  He wouldn't be strong enough to totally decimate Serge.

3) Miguel not using a sword proves nothing. Why? Because there's no reason for him to have a sword in the first place.

Until Miguel actually says, "I'm actually Crono! What a twist!" I won't believe it, though.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2006, 04:25:48 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
Quote from: Nightslyr
So, it comes down to her strength vs. his strength.  I have no doubt that Lucca could've defeated Lynx if all things were equal.  Things, however, were definitely not equal.  Lucca was, despite her best efforts, caught by surprise.  She also felt the need to ensure the orphans' safety to the best of her ability.  Engaging in a full-out fight near the children, with gun and magic blazing would've been the last thing someone as intelligent as Lucca would've attempted.  And that's what makes her disappearance (and, presumably, death) so tragic.  She willingly, knowingly, sacrificed herself because of her own kindness. This is storytelling 101 and, again, the game makes this clear.

Kinda like what Crono did in Trigger. See the simlarity Zaper?

So basically, Lucca didn't bother resisting, so the kids stayed in their hiding spots and got burned alive whilst Lucca got taken out of there, and Kid was simply rescued by Magil or whomever.... Yup, great Sacrafice.

Quote from: CyberSarkany
What about Harle, she was there, too. A 2on1 would mean even less chance for Lucca.

Harle probably just stood there and watched Lynx do it. It's kind of the fact since Kid did and does not go after Harle, but does go after Lynx since he was the one. Heck, maybe he even killed Lucca at the orphanage when she wouldn't tell him.
BTW, in RD, Lucca knew Lynx for a long time, so he finally came burnt it down and killed her there. She dies in both dimensions :O No Harle there either, probably not that many orphans and either way she still looses.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2006, 10:59:17 pm »
So basically, Lucca didn't bother resisting, so the kids stayed in their hiding spots and got burned alive whilst Lucca got taken out of there, and Kid was simply rescued by Magil or whomever.... Yup, great Sacrafice.

I got an idea, lets try reading. I'm so nice, I'll help you.  Here is what they were saying Lucca didn't do, and why; "She also felt the need to ensure the orphans' safety to the best of her ability. Engaging in a full-out fight near the children, with gun and magic blazing would've been the last thing someone as intelligent as Lucca would've attempted."

Harle probably just stood there and watched Lynx do it. It's kind of the fact since Kid did and does not go after Harle, but does go after Lynx since he was the one. Heck, maybe he even killed Lucca at the orphanage when she wouldn't tell him.

Lynx doesn't tell us he kidnapped Lucca.  He just claims to have killed her.  We learn that Lucca was kidnapped from the Ghost Children.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: interested about miguel
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2006, 12:49:10 pm »
I think there's something which hasn't been considered yet: Miguel's dominant arm. We know that Crono is left-handed.

Can someone check what hand Miguel uses when he draws his "holy dragon" sword? this may be a decisive factor.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2006, 04:03:39 pm »
I wish it were in an FMV.

However I think my sister might have some save data near there...

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2006, 06:50:23 pm »
Want a pic? As you wish. Got enough saves in CC to get everything, so just ask.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2006, 07:21:19 pm »
HE'S RIGHT-HANDED!! W00T CRONO IS LEFT-HANDED GAME OVER THE THEORY IS SHOT DOWN! Mwahaha, erm. It's as clear as mineral water now, Miguel can't be Crono, Miguel is not Crono, CyberSarkany just proved it (thanks!).

*victory fanfare*

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2006, 11:15:06 pm »
HE'S RIGHT-HANDED!! W00T CRONO IS LEFT-HANDED GAME OVER THE THEORY IS SHOT DOWN! Mwahaha, erm. It's as clear as mineral water now, Miguel can't be Crono, Miguel is not Crono, CyberSarkany just proved it (thanks!).

*victory fanfare*

He also can't be as badass.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2006, 03:47:00 pm »
HE'S RIGHT-HANDED!! W00T CRONO IS LEFT-HANDED GAME OVER THE THEORY IS SHOT DOWN!

W00t w00t wut wut!!! Eat it, Zaper.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2006, 06:33:56 pm »
HE'S RIGHT-HANDED!! W00T CRONO IS LEFT-HANDED GAME OVER THE THEORY IS SHOT DOWN!

W00t w00t wut wut!!! Eat it, Zaper.

I don't care about Miguel, and neither do I think that he ever was Chrono. And I can't believe you're still flaming me on this half a year old thread.
By the way, if you can't remember half of it, I was saying that Chrono and co aren't omnipotent, they can die and if Miguel was Chrono, who cares, he can still die. Beating Lavos was one feat, but so was beating the TD. I think Daniel also believes with me that the TD, as the game already implies and logic would say so, is stronger than Lavos and everything in CT put together. Hello, you don't get weaker by absorbing the accumulation of all of the planets energy, hanging onto a very powerful mage and retaining your own past power.

Oh, and you just posted on another topic telling someone not to spam. Posts that add nothing to a discussion are regarded as spam aswell..
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 06:47:49 pm by Zaperking »

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2006, 11:19:50 am »
I don't care about Miguel, and neither do I think that he ever was Chrono. And I can't believe you're still flaming me on this half a year old thread.

Yea, and it's funny to watch you squirm :D

By the way, if you can't remember half of it, I was saying that Chrono and co aren't omnipotent, they can die and if Miguel was Chrono, who cares, he can still die. Beating Lavos was one feat, but so was beating the TD. I think Daniel also believes with me that the TD, as the game already implies and logic would say so, is stronger than Lavos and everything in CT put together. Hello, you don't get weaker by absorbing the accumulation of all of the planets energy, hanging onto a very powerful mage and retaining your own past power.

Point = Missed.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2006, 12:49:21 pm »
Aura, please just shut up spamming, or have your fun with whoever in Private Messages. Thanks.