Author Topic: interested about miguel  (Read 12002 times)

Crisis54

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« on: January 22, 2005, 12:37:26 am »
sorry, im extremely new to the whole chrono universe. also new to this forum, but i love all the info here. its amazing.

anyways, i heard somewhere that miguel could be actually crono. i looked at miguel and crono and i can see simalarities between the two. is there any proof at all that they are the same person? any proof that they aren't? i'm really interested in this.

thanks guys.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
interested about miguel
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 12:50:59 am »
Taken from a section of my article:

There is a theory that Miguel is actually Crono.

Vaeran wrote: "I actually posted this back before the crash (or the crash before that), but I like to trot this theory out every now and then and see what people think of it. Back when I played the game, this idea seemed abundantly clear to me, but then talking to other people I found I was the only one left with this impression. Specifically, that Miguel is actually Crono.

There's no evidence in the game to prove this, but there's nothing to disprove it either, and a lot of circumstantial evidence points towards it being right. For example:

- Age. Crono was about 16 years old in 1000 A.D., and Chrono Cross takes place in 1020. Miguel is clearly middle-aged, so that works out.

- Appearance. Miguel has red hair and lots of it, though he wears it in a much tamer style than Crono did.

- Game mechanics. Miguel is ludicrously powerful, far more than a simple islander should be. In addition, he's an innate White. Crono could have been a Yellow in CC's system for all his lightning attacks, but his most famous technique was Luminaire, which in CC is a White element.

- Family. Leena looks a lot like what you'd expect Marle and Crono's daughter to; she's basically Marle with Crono's coloring. In addition, her name is very similar to Leene, a name from Marle's family. It's true that we see her "grandmother" and "sister" in Arni village, but they don't look a thing like her. After Miguel never returned from his voyage with Wazuki, an old woman in the village probably took Leena in as her own, as she no longer had any family.

The scene in which you meet Miguel is also very telling. He seems to know a whole hell of a lot about the whole Lavos situation, for one thing. And if you watch carefully, the little Crono shade is always standing nearest him, and is standing directly over (behind) Miguel as he dies.

But doesn't the Crono "ghost" mean that Crono's already dead, and thus isn't Miguel? No; I don't believe the three childlike apparitions are Crono, Marle and Lucca at all. While we're not clear on Marle's fate, we know Lucca at least lived to her early 20s; that's when Lynx kidnaps her (and presumably kills her when she refuses to help). If she died at that age, her ghost wouldn't appear as a little child; ditto for the other two.

(So if they're not ghosts, what are they? I think they're projections of the Frozen Flame, which is the essence of Lavos. The game assumes that your final party to fight Lavos in CT was Crono, Marle and Lucca, and that they would therefore be the last thing it saw. While they're not actually children, that's what Lavos saw them as; weak little human children who shouldn't have been a threat.)

Anyway, so what the hell would Crono be doing all the way down in the El Nido archipelago, anyway? Remember that Porre invaded and conquered Guardia. Like I said, we don't know exactly what happened to Marle, but it's pretty easy to guess: as then-queen of Guardia, she was either killed, taken prisoner, or is in hiding somewhere, possibly organizing a rebellion. Either way, not very pleasant. Knowing that things are going to get bad real soon, she entreats Crono to escape with their child. He gets as far away from Guardia as possible with Leena, settling down to a quiet life in a fishing village and changing his name.

So, maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Miguel could just be some simple fisherman whose life ended up sucking beyond all reason. Or he could be the hero from the previous game, imprisoned in an dead future that he helped create, and forced to fight against the only people capable of preventing it. I think it adds an extra level of emotion to think he's the latter."

Further evidence that Crono may be alive:

ZeaLitY wrote: "I wish to point out that if Lucca's burning is correctly dated at 1015 A.D., Crono may very well be alive. A child's drawing of him hangs in the back passage way. Considering the age of children, it couldn't have been done before the fall of Guardia."

Ybrik Metaknight wrote: "Wow...good point. In fact, regardless of whether the date is correct, Crono would almost have to be alive. Consider the following: Kid, in 1020, is 16. She is able to talk to Serge coherently enough that she would have to be 6 or 7 at the youngest during the fire. Simple math dictates that the fire would have to have occured in or after 1010. The Fall of Guardia was in 1005.

Unless those were drawn in 1005, before the Fall of Guardia and Lucca simply left them up for memory, which is unlikely, given the fact that they did not appear to be framed or in any way protected from the elements, and even the inside of a house is not away from the elements enough to preserve something so unprotected for five years or longer. (Yay for runon sentences...as I write this I'm in the newsroom for TCU's newspaper...ironic...)

Also, since Robo and Ayla (and maybe Frog too? Can't quite remember) are depicted in the pictures as well, perhaps they continued to travel through time after the events of CT. Interesting how much a closer look at such a small detail can reveal...

I think that Guardia XXXIII might have still been king (unless, of course, he died because the Guardia line seems to have short life spans), and so Crono and Marle very well could have been spared. Indeed, they may not have even been in the area, or the era, at the time of the fall.

Of course, if they were in the castle, they most likely would have been executed, whether they were the rulers or not...see the Bolshevik Revolution (and the mystery of Anastasia) for a historical parallel."

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 10:18:24 pm »

So, maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Miguel could just be some simple fisherman whose life ended up sucking beyond all reason. Or he could be the hero from the previous game, imprisoned in an dead future that he helped create, and forced to fight against the only people capable of preventing it. I think it adds an extra level of emotion to think he's the latter."

Judging by Miguel's cloths, I am sure that he is not from Elnido.
Just compare Wazuki and the Arn Villagers cloths with miguel ones.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 12:08:17 pm »
Quote from: Swordmaster

Judging by Miguel's cloths, I am sure that he is not from Elnido.
Just compare Wazuki and the Arn Villagers cloths with miguel ones.

In this case, perhaps Miguel got those cloths in Chronopolis or the Dead Sea. I know that we see him with the same cloths in the flashback, but this could be just because the game makers didn't bother making a different looking Miguel. They also used the same Radius and Garai textures for the Masamune flashbacks, even though Radius was supposed to be about fifteen years younger and Garai couldn't have been that tall yet (ghosts are big, like Cyrus...).

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 10:06:07 pm »
In Miguel case the Cloths are correct because Fate conserve him as such since that day.
If you look well Miguel look like tourist or someone from a expedition.
mybe his a archeologist who came to Elnido to study the dragonians artifact and settled in Arni. But it's is just another fanfic idea.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 02:29:59 pm »
the though never crossed my mind when I got to that part of CC.  All I could think was "Woah, this guy is tough for a fisherman!"  Its been so long, I forgot this, but what weapon did he use agianst you?  A Katana?  And my final point is that Luminare was a lightning (or yellow) attack in CT, and Crono would have been yellow in CC's system.  I'm not quiet sure why they made Luminare white, but it sure didn't remind me of the old one.

razor's edge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 05:05:08 pm »
If Crono was in CC then his color would've been white. In CT, his innate was Heaven--it was changed to Lightning when the game came to the US.

Fox

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fox.calcpages.com
interested about miguel
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 06:42:44 pm »
Wouldn't Miguel have completely annihilatted you if he was actually Crono? Crono was able to hurt Lavos, I doubt he could be beaten by your party at the time, even if he hadn't fought in years. Also, forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't Miguel seem to like the dead sea? I could be wrong on that, my memory of that scene is fuzzy.
    Someone please find a way to poke a hole in what I have said, because I really like the idea of Miguel being Crono.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 09:15:53 am »
Quote from: Sentenal
the though never crossed my mind when I got to that part of CC.  All I could think was "Woah, this guy is tough for a fisherman!"  Its been so long, I forgot this, but what weapon did he use agianst you?

He doesn't have any physical weapon as far as I remember, but he uses the Holy Dragon Sword (a kind of elemental "light-saber") in his special attack. That always surprised me, the keeper of FATE's Dead Sea using a Holy Dragon stuff.

sarua

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2005, 06:27:03 pm »
He was in Fate`s control. Well because FATE controled all region she could done something with miguel DNA or something like that so he became very strong for fisherman

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 12:16:39 am »
look at Crono's magic.  we got Lightning 1 and 2, and Luminare (described as a lightning attack), in various dual techs, crono calls down bolts of lightning...  He would be yellow element.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
interested about miguel
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 01:39:24 am »
Well, Crono's element was originally "Heaven" in the Japanese version (lightning comes down from the heavens, light (Luminaire) is associated with heaven, and Life uses holy energy). If we look at CC, heaven is definitely white.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2005, 01:57:38 pm »
Plus, the Elements in CC are really more about colors than physical phenomenas. For example, wind is involved both in Yellow and Green Elements, and lightning is involved in Yellow, Black and White Elements. They are either yellow ashy wind, green leafy wind, yellow-colored lightning, dark-elemental lightning (see Dario's techs), heavenly lightning etc.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
interested about miguel
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2005, 05:12:19 pm »
And if you want to get super specific, they're not even just about colors. They're more about the harmonies and sounds that each specific Element produces. Ta-da!

The Fate

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2005, 12:30:43 am »
If miguel is crono, why he changes names?
to escape from the Guardia? i dont picture crono escaping of a fight !