Poll

Which weapon would you want if fighting zombies?

Axe
Gun (only ammo you can carry)
Sawed-off shovel
Other, (please elaborate)
Chainsaw (don't forget fuel!)

Author Topic: What weapon when fighting Zombies?  (Read 7713 times)

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
Re: What weapon when fighting Zombies?
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2008, 04:31:30 am »
I never got around to actually reading it, was it any good V?

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2008, 10:40:55 am »
On the reality side, a good Katana. Good for head-removal. With a semi-automatic rifle or shotgun. Explosives are nice, but hard to get your hands on really useful ones like Frag grenades and Claymores. The more shrapnel the better.

Really, you think shrapnel will stop zombies? What makes shrapnel so deadly is that it essentially shreds flesh, making the person bleed to death. When something is already dead (well, undead), I am not sure how effective that would be.

But... assuming that one could shred the flesh off a zombie, we'd essentially be left with a skeleton. Depending on what is animating the undead in the first place, we might just be exchanging Prussia for Germany, as it were. And skeletons are a bit more annoying to take care of.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2008, 10:47:08 am »
On the reality side, a good Katana. Good for head-removal. With a semi-automatic rifle or shotgun. Explosives are nice, but hard to get your hands on really useful ones like Frag grenades and Claymores. The more shrapnel the better.

Really, you think shrapnel will stop zombies? What makes shrapnel so deadly is that it essentially shreds flesh, making the person bleed to death. When something is already dead (well, undead), I am not sure how effective that would be.

But... assuming that one could shred the flesh off a zombie, we'd essentially be left with a skeleton. Depending on what is animating the undead in the first place, we might just be exchanging Prussia for Germany, as it were. And skeletons are a bit more annoying to take care of.
Maybe a "Black Hole Grenade" would work?.. :wink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Dlheh5HbM

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2008, 04:10:24 pm »
no, you see, I have this anti-zombie school bus tank pre-made and ready in case a zombie attack ever occurs.  And it doesn't run on gas, it runs on water.  Look up Stan Meyer. :P

That hilarious!  :lol:

Too bad we can't get our hands on one of those military convoy trucks or those trucks they use for mining.

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2008, 08:55:40 pm »
An oil drum to roll around in.

Think about it.

Shiku

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2008, 09:57:00 pm »

Well the thing with shrapnel is it's more likely to actually hit the thing's brain. Brain damage = dead zombie. At least in-so-far as non-magical zombies. That's the thing that makes shotguns good too, it they have stopping power, and if your are lucky a shell will puncture the brain.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2008, 11:32:22 pm »
A katana was kick butt in Dead Rising...

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2008, 12:48:49 pm »
Who needs shrapnel when you have...Grimtooth's Traps

Make the traps, or even better...if a zombie can read it, show it to them, they'll die laughing.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2008, 07:08:23 pm »
Are zombies even marginally intelligent, or sould they walk into a furnace if properly baited?

me4all4

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2008, 06:44:13 pm »
I've been taking kendo for the past 3 years, and am very good with the katana.  Like the axe, you can never run out of katana...

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2008, 04:54:38 pm »
I've been taking kendo for the past 3 years, and am very good with the katana.  Like the axe, you can never run out of katana...

Kendo? I envy you. Oh well, I just have to settle with Taiji Sword and Xinyi Broadsword -- which are not at all bad.

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2008, 05:37:43 pm »
I've taken fencing, but I've never had any experience with Eastern blades.

So, Engaurde, bitches.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2008, 06:15:18 pm »
Hah, I done fencing and dual with both long and broad swords. Its sad the so many people think western sword fighting is just swing blades around.