Author Topic: A few questions regarding C. Cross  (Read 5923 times)

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
A few questions regarding C. Cross
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2005, 06:36:03 pm »
Quote from: sarua
Quote from: Faulce
serge is not magus or janus, there isnt really any evidence in the game for that except for maybe the scene in the lab where you read Lucca's note, she mentions that janus is watching over kid

Kid was Schala's daughter-clone sent back to guard over Serge (as well as save him when he was a drift), as well as sort of guide him on to help save Schala (one of the reasons I don't think they ever merge, or that Schala ever really goes back to find Serge when Kid can do it for her).

i duobt someone can find better answer

But here i don`t get one thing, if Janus/Magus was watching over Kid where he dissapeared?

ok well, there still isnt anything convincing that ive heard proving serge to actually be janus.  hmm they have the same hair color, haha, no.  there isnt much physical similarity, (kid and schala looked the same) as far as i can tell, and they are completely opposite affinities.  also there is a romanticish relationship between serge and kid, so does it really make sense to have two clones fall in love who came from a brother and sister?  i guess it could, but if janus is watching over kid and kid is protecting serge, then they are protecting eachother.....which works. damn. but that still proves zip, serge is the protagonist, he is supposed to protect people, it comes with the job.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2005, 07:27:15 pm »
Quote from: sarua
serge is not magus or janus, there isnt really any evidence in the game for that except for maybe the scene in the lab where you read Lucca's note, she mentions that janus is watching over kid

Kid was Schala's daughter-clone sent back to guard over Serge (as well as save him when he was a drift), as well as sort of guide him on to help save Schala (one of the reasons I don't think they ever merge, or that Schala ever really goes back to find Serge when Kid can do it for her).

i duobt someone can find better answer

But here i don`t get one thing, if Janus/Magus was watching over Kid where he dissapeared?

ok well, there still isnt anything convincing that ive heard proving serge to actually be janus.  hmm they have the same hair color, haha, no.  there isnt much physical similarity, (kid and schala looked the same) as far as i can tell, and they are completely opposite affinities.  also there is a romanticish relationship between serge and kid, so does it really make sense to have two clones fall in love who came from a brother and sister?  i guess it could, but if janus is watching over kid and kid is protecting serge, then they are protecting eachother.....which works. damn. but that still proves zip, serge is the protagonist, he is supposed to protect people, it comes with the job.

The argument I heard for Serge being a version of Janus went a little different than that. It of course noted the cosmetics (that rare blue hair and green eyes like Janus). Also, both have access to the most powerful spell of their elemental affinity.

Here's where people say "Ah, but Magus uses Shadow magic!" The counterargument went as such: Shadow was Magus' personality, developed after Queen Zeal went mad and he was tossed through time. Had he not had those horrible childhood experiences, we have no reason to believe he wouldn't have been happier, and thus not drawn (in)to the Darkness.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2005, 11:59:48 pm »
Eh.. ok, good point.  But Serge had a father, Wazuki, who looked alot like him.  Kid didnt have a mother or father like that, she just appeared out of nowhere in the woods where Lucca found her.  Pathetic as it is, thats my last argument against Serge being Janus.  : )

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2005, 12:55:59 am »
Serge had both a mother (Marge) and father (Wazuki)...Magus's mother was Zeal. Serge is FROM El Nido, that's HIS village he starts out in. You see him as a child in flashbacks. He's not Magus.

Quote from: Reilos
I don't think so... she kinda mentions Serge by name. Also, if that were true, then what would be the meaning of her talking like Kid, which leads me to believe that Kid is either actually the one writing the letter, or it's Schala pointing out that it's Kid whom is trying to find him. Or, she could have just been trying to be funny...

What? I'm pretty sure she doesn't mention any specific name (outside of her own) about that, which is what leads to so much speculation...I think it actually being Kid makes sense...But then the picture doesn't make too much sense...I always thought that since the picture looks like it's Schala and Magus, that it would be that she's looking for him...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2005, 12:43:44 pm »
Mmh... The picture was most probably intended to represent Serge and Kid-or-Schala, as Missing Piece states it. However, Missing Piece also features drawings of Guile when he was still supposed to be Magus/Janus.

So, who knows, maybe that drawing is outdated. Maybe the Square guys changed their mind when they made the game. When they decided to take Magus out of the game, perhaps they also changed that ending to point out that Schala will search for him or something. They might have been too lazy to make another photo with Janus, and might have decided to crop the top of the image so as to hide the man's face (to hide Serge's face!) and let people guess that it's supposed to be Janus...

I suppose it's possible... I'm not specialized in Indian traditions though, so I don't know if those wedding saris can be interpreted as something else than wedding cloths :?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2005, 05:55:04 pm »
It's obvious, from the photo, that the person standing, with the cropped out face, has long Magus-style hair. So unless Serge decided to let it grow out...I don't see how it could be him. I understand there are pics of Serge in similar attire, but the hair is what makes it concrete for me that it's not Serge, but actually must be Magus. I think they just reused the Serge design, only intended it to be for Magus.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2005, 06:08:51 pm »
Mmh, I don't have a screenshot of the photo in the game, but I'm pretty sure the man was exactly the same as Serge in Missing Piece. I don't remember noticing long hair, perhaps what you're referring to is his shoulder (which is lighter than the cloths as far as I remember)? Or maybe I never really noticed the hair.

Anyway here's the page from the artbook. Serge looks at the left instead of the right, but that's just a horizontal revert. That's the only difference I can remember.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/flamestealer/293bbd3d.jpg