Poll

What's your favorite bonus feature in the series?

Chrono Cross - Bend of Time
2 (4%)
Chrono Cross - Grand Slam Tournament
2 (4%)
Chrono Cross - New Game +
5 (10%)
Chrono Trigger - Anime Cutscenes
11 (22%)
Chrono Trigger - Jet Bike Race
0 (0%)
Chrono Trigger - New Game +
30 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: January 15, 2005, 07:32:08 pm

Author Topic: 1/22/05 - What's your favorite bonus feature in the series?  (Read 4915 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
1/22/05 - What's your favorite bonus feature in the series?
« on: January 15, 2005, 07:32:08 pm »
Vote!

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 08:09:41 pm »
The original New Game+ is a classic.

sarua

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 12:12:50 pm »
Grand slam tournament :) don`t know why but i realy liked it

Asuyuka

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 08:46:29 pm »
Of course CT's New Game + ;P

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 09:26:29 pm »
Sorry about the lack of creativity; I have better poll ideas but I'm saving them so I can do joint editorials/polls. If you have a good idea, fire it away.

razor's edge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 12:41:54 am »
I loved the Chrono Trigger cutscenes, 'specially Frog outside of the Magic Cave. Booya.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 05:25:19 pm »
The Bend of Time? I didn't even really think of it as much of an extra at all...Most of the places you could already have access to...I think there's one or two exceptions...Plus, you can only access them after you've already been there...The only really good thing is the locked door which you can open in New Game+ (thusly making it more of a New Game+ feature, if you think about it).

I think the Grand Slam could have been a lot better if there were other Monster Ranchers (Pokemon Champions? Yu-Gi-Oh Duelests?) to fight and that you could acquire more monsters...Possibly monsters from the other games even...There was potential in that sidequest/minigame, but it just sorta fell flat...like most of the characters! :oops: ok, that was a pot-shot, I'm ashamed...yet satisfied!

CC's New Game+ was pretty outstanding. The Fast Forward option made getting through the game a little less gruesome to me...although the Slow Motion was really only useful as a 'coolness' factor for changing the speeds of spells and techs, otherwise, it was basically useless...Most of the alternate endings, I felt, really weren't worth it...The best thing was, like mentioned, the locked door in the Bend of Time which allowed access to Ozzie, Flea, & Slash. A great lil easter egg for series fans, and it made for making the Grand Slam no more than a joke (although you'd proabably already accomplished this before your first New Game+).

FFC's CT anime cut scenes are one reason to get the game (the others are of course for CT & FFIV), but sadly not a really good reason. I was dissapointed to see that Akira himself didn't do them. The changes are minor, but annoying. It's like they hyped up Toriyama's Dragon Ball Z connection by making Crono look more like Goku and changing Glenns formerly KICK ASS post-Frog human form into another ghettoized DBZ knock-off. They also did minor stuff with Magus that wasn't really necessary...All very minor nit-picky stuff, I assure you. The rest of it is truely awesome to behold...I just wish they made more scenes from some of the more climactic parts...Although I loved the scene with Frog opening the cave to Magus's lair and the scene where Crono sacrifices himself (even though both scenes are super, "OMG! CRONO=GOKU!!!"). I give 'em an A- for effort.

The Jet Bike like Grand Slam could have been better...More places and/or timelines to race...more people to race...perhaps even different characters to race with (besides Crono) different statistical advantages...oh, and maybe just a whole new racing system...

CT's New Game+ was really quite a legendary step. It created something holy good (no, not whole, holy, it's that great of an idea). It changed the face a genre that pretty much was known for not having very good replay value. Half of the endings are lacking, but the others, I think, more than make up for it. From the minor difference in defeating Magus and being able to actually see Frog in his true, human form, to the climactic battle of Frog and Magus. It made an already great game into the stuff of legends.

What I don't get is why the "Playable Magus" isn't on the poll. That was easily one of my favorite things. I voted for CT's New Game+.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 04:18:46 pm »
CT's new game plus, Like V_T said it revolutionized the RPG industry. That aspect alone keeps me playing the game to this day, I am still trying to get all character's at level **.

pokemon_45_79_1

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2005, 03:57:28 am »
Crono Triggers New Game+ is the best and the second best is Crono Cross New Game+. The only problem in Crono Trigger is that you cant keep all the money you earned in your previous game, but in Crono Cross you can.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2005, 08:03:50 am »
I think it would have been better if you didn't have the money in Chrono Cross...Then you'd have more reason to actually battle...But honestly, what do you need money for in a CT New Game+? If you really want, you can just spend all of your cash in your previous game...

Also, bad thing about CC's New Game+ is that you don't get to keep all the Techs you find OR any of your summons! Not the summons the Dragons gave you and not even summons you CAUGHT YOUR DAMN SELF!!! And some of those bastards aren't the easiest things to catch...Like trying to get a Lvl. 13 Abra w/a Lvl. 5 Jigglypuff! Oh nos! POKEMON'D! Uh, back on track, plus, none of the monsters pose any threat at all in CC's New Game+...Not even the bosses...You actually have to equip, like, your bone weapons and armor if you want any sort of semblence to a challenge...and even then...Add on to that the fact that you can't get your old party until near the end of the game! wtf's up w/that?

But I digress...Thank you for reviving this thread...8)

Quote from: Your Almighty Lord and Savior Jesus Khrist
it (Grand Slam) just sorta fell flat...like most of the characters!  ok, that was a pot-shot, I'm ashamed...yet satisfied!

Quote from: Sith Emporer Yodaddy
Glenns formerly KICK ASS post-Frog human form into another ghettoized DBZ knock-off.

Quote from: Crono O'Brian
even though both scenes are super, "OMG! CRONO=GOKU!!!").

I'm so hilarious...why isn't everyone bowing down to me yet?

:lol:

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2005, 10:44:41 am »
Anime is always nice :P

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2005, 11:03:34 am »
Bow to you? Pulease. Everyone knows you really need to bow to Magus. Magus will lead us to victory against terrorism.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2005, 06:23:20 pm »
Me...Magus...same difference really...And I only just realized there's no Edit button in this forum...wtf?

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2005, 06:34:43 pm »
I can edit. You just aren't cool enough. :)

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2005, 06:16:26 am »
Ah, but I have the power to delete my posts!  :wink:  Hehe, sucker.

Quote from: Legend
Everyone knows you really need to bow to Magus.

Screw Magus, everyone bow to Frog! You know u want to.