Poll

Which of the Gurus' inventions has had the most impact?

Belthasar - Epoch
3 (7.1%)
Melchior - Masamune
4 (9.5%)
Gaspar - Time Egg / Chrono Trigger
6 (14.3%)
Belthasar - Ocean Palace
3 (7.1%)
Melchior - Mammon Machine
8 (19%)
Belthasar - FATE / Chronopolis
5 (11.9%)
Melchior - The Pendant
13 (31%)
Melchior - The Sapling of Hope
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: June 24, 2005, 02:48:34 am

Author Topic: 7/2/05 - Which Gurus' invention has had the most impact?  (Read 6350 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
7/2/05 - Which Gurus' invention has had the most impact?
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2005, 11:52:13 am »
no duh, that normally happens when you get the same designer to create a machine of the exact same purpose...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2005, 02:47:10 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
no duh, that normally happens when you get the same designer to create a machine of the exact same purpose...

Dalton was the one who designed the Epoch's wings, but it seems Belthasar added the Neo-Epoch's wings himself.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2005, 10:14:59 pm »
I always figured that Belthasar intended to make his own set of wings for the Epoch but never got around to it...Or the fact that he was thrown into the future could have messed with that plan...And the whole going insane and whatnot...

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2005, 10:59:10 pm »
He maybe saw the winged-epoch after the event of CT (looking for Crono's mom and all) and took the design?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2005, 03:24:20 am »
Uh...time bastard much?

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2005, 11:19:34 pm »
Another cool thing I thought about is how Crono and the team had to "kill a few to save alot" which is weird because they had to kill the present selves of the gurus, to change the future of them.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2005, 12:47:22 am »
Uh, you wanna run that one by me again in a few more words or something?

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2005, 01:22:54 am »
Quote from: Salvadeiro
Another cool thing I thought about is how Crono and the team had to "kill a few to save alot" which is weird because they had to kill the present selves of the gurus, to change the future of them.

Lol sorry shoulda got into detail there.

Okay let's start by what Crono and the team did.  They killed a few, to save alot.  Meaning they killed a few people to save the alot of people plus the future.  But when it comes to the gurus, they [Crono] sort of ruined the original time line, with the "original" gurus to make a more pleasant future.  The gurus lives were changed during this process, which kinda "killed" their original lives had Crono never touched the pendant.  But then again..that was all destined to happen so i kinda just corrected myself.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2005, 01:25:46 am »
I wouldn't exactly call that "killing" them, but I can see what your getting at.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2005, 04:03:27 am »
yeah, your wierd wording was what confused me...

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2005, 03:24:25 pm »
I still kinda suck at English even though i've been speaking it most of my life, but its not my first language.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2005, 10:59:25 am »
I voted FATE/Chronopolis.

It basically depends on which game. CC or CT.

I was going between the Pendant for CT and the Ocean Palace, and FATE/Chronopolis and the Chrono Trigger for CC.

FATE/Chronopolis is basically the whole scheme of CC. The pendant basically plays no part in CC.

I'd have to say that the Mammon Machine was the most important part of the whole series is because it might be the Frozen Flame too. From what happened with the Mammon Machine, it was the catalyst for Lavos' awakening, the cause for opening all the time distortions, the reason Schala was sucked into the DBT and from what the Mammon Machine did, it caused CC to happen. (and has even more plot if it is the Frozen Flame).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2005, 12:33:25 pm »
I'm about to tally the stuff up around the community. Here goes:

12 Epoch
3 Masamune
10 Time Egg
4 Ocean Palace
20 Mammon Machine
7 FATE
19 Pendant
0 Sapling

75 votes total.

And a goodie piece of discussion elsewhere:

If you're talking about the Guru's inventions, the Mammon Machine has the most impact on the story I believe.  The Ocean Palace ws built so that the Mammon Machine could draw more energy from Lavos.  Therefore, no Mammon Machine, no Ocean Palace.  I'd also like to point out that the Ruby Knife was also created for the sole purpose of destroying the Mammon Machine.  Alot of good it did though.  But while Lavos would still eventually rise up and destroy the planet, Zeal would have prospered as long as the Sun Stone held out.  If it wasn't for the Mammon Machine waking Lavos, Zeal would've never had fallen.  And with that being said, history, as well as the whole story, would be greatly changed.  Not to mention that the Mammon Machine became Zeal's crest.  And if Zeal didn't fall in the way it did, there'd still be wizards in Crono's era.  I do believe that Lavos was responsible for robbing the survivors of their magic.  Hell, he d**n near drained Magus's and he still didn't get all his spells back (Geyser and the Elemental Sheilding).

If you want to know which Guru had the most impact per say though, I'd have to say Gasper.  Residing in the End of Time, I do believe that he can see the timeline as it stands and changes.  I got this impression from what Spiekko said when you first meet him about seeing a multitude of wars and such.  And existing outside of time, he is unaffected and therefore, aware of any and all changes in the timeline.  I believe that he partially manipulated Crono and crew into changing certain events in time and in effect, acted as a entity.  Take the quest to kill Magus at his castle for example.  I believe he knew that Magus died in the attempt to summon and kill Lavos himself.  And that's why he didn't tell them anything about Magus not actually creating Lavos.  He knew that Crono and crew's interfereance would change history and Magus would be spared.  And while Gasper doesn't have complete control over what happens to the timeline after the changes are made, he still has an idea of what will happen and can decide on what course of action Crono's party should make.  In short, Lucca's understanding of space and time wouldn't have been enough.  Without Gasper's guidance, Crono and crew wouldn't have gotten as far as they did.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2006, 10:42:39 am »
FATE/Chronopolis for sure

I mean, the thing had power to like keep everything under its control...

Resurrected Ice

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2006, 03:07:02 pm »
I wanted to say the Epoch at first, but of course, the pendant is the source of all the events that went on in CT.  Without the pendant, there would have been no Telepod/Time Travel accident in the first place, thus no CT adventure.