Author Topic: So, What is the Entity in CT?  (Read 6502 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: So, What is the Entity in CT?
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2008, 04:29:38 pm »
I only just noticed this in my current playthrough when I did the 400 Year Reunion, but Robo says, "Perhaps we will not know the identity of this entity until our journey is over." (or something to this extent, if you care to sift through the script, you'll get some non-existent rep coming your way from me)...but anyways, what's on Chrono Trigger's The End screen? That's right, it does a nice pan-out to a shot of the planet. ipso facto meeny mo magico!...or something...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2008, 03:24:28 pm »
Didn't he just say that there is an Entity among them that's causing the gates and not saying that it's the planet that is the Entity?

Anyhow if Robo did come to that conclusion, he had 400 years(or less due to his state in 1000AD being very rusty, nonetheless he had a long time) to reflect on his time-traveling journey up to that point as well as overseeing the growth of time. He is also a Robot, he might have sensors that can see things that humans can't detect?

Care to explain?

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2008, 08:38:57 pm »
Plants are part of the Earth, thus giving them the thoughts and feelings of the Earth. So that, by order of continuity, gives them the thoughts and feelings of the Entity.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2008, 08:50:48 pm »
Plants are part of the Earth, thus giving them the thoughts and feelings of the Earth. So that, by order of continuity, gives them the thoughts and feelings of the Entity.

Thanks, that supports our theory. Fireseal is opposing it, and I'm asking him to back his end up.

Xenterex

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2008, 12:59:26 pm »
Thanks, that supports our theory. Fireseal is opposing it, and I'm asking him to back his end up.
Quite the misread on your part then, SDD.  Just a page back fireseal wrote "I hope to God that the planet is the entity"  Not to mention other statements he's made in support of the same theory you support.  He's simply making on observation on Robo's comments during the reunion camp.

Personally, I got the impression from CT that the entity wasn't itself the planet, but it is certainly tied to it.  The emphasis placed on this planetary connection is superficially made by Kato, and forcibly sprawled out in Cross.  Take Motherbrain's comment.  She seems to have calculated that Lavos could continue to be sustained by the planet, so long as humans were wiped out.  Was this an incorrect statement, or is it that the 'planet' could live on, but the computer is unable to differ between the planet's survival and the entity's?  And how do humans affect this food cycle?  If the entity is the means that sentient beings have life, and Lavos is draining that, then killing off sentient life gives Lavos more to feed on?  Keep in mind that Motherbrain intends to have her robots species continue to grow, so if mankind has an effect on the food availability, what do robots have that isn't a factor in this?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2008, 02:45:46 am »
Mother Brain says it would continue as a nation of steel though, meaning that life as we know it would end up no longer being biological...We saw what they were doing with humans...I think this is part of what effects the planet's life force (along with Lavos' meddling)...