Author Topic: So, What is the Entity in CT?  (Read 6403 times)

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
Re: So, What is the Entity in CT?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 01:03:33 am »
Alright, i get your point.. After all, there is nothing really definitive on the Entity's true nature, but i still agree with the notion that the Planet is the Entity, with the supporting evidences from Chrono Cross, where 'The Planet' and its 'dream' is mentioned a couple of times...

Saelind

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 01:58:37 am »
Ah, I never disagreed that the planet was alive.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 11:53:36 am »
Well, Mother Brain also noted that the Planet will recover, given enough time..
That seems to mean that the Entity will survive, although humans will not...

I generally take the Entity to be a manifestation of the Gaia Hypothesis. The Entity isn't just the planet; it is the life of the planet. If Lavos had fallen on a lifeless world, it might have been able to siphon a little energy, but it is a living planet that provides a banquet. The entity isn't just the rocks and minerals, but also the flora and fauna. Humans, then, are a part of the Entity, similarly as how liver cells are part of the human body.

Thus, as long as the possibility of life is maintained on a planet, the Entity (of that planet) wouldn't die, but it wouldn't be the same creature either. I suspect that Lavos would have left the Entity crippled by its disease, as it were, similarly to how a human might be crippled by a serious illness.

To note, Saelind, Schala and Lavos can't be the Entity. Schala because she wasn't in the DBT when the events of CT happened (while the DBT might have a different flow of time, by all apperances Time Error still flows there). Lavos because CC specifically state that he was pissed off at being defeated by Crono and Co (hence why he pulled Chronopolis into the past; to prevent his own defeat).

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 05:58:15 pm »
A Lavos is sort of similar to a Metroid: they both consume the raw living energy (unseen by technology in our world; at least at this point) of living things.

Also, I don't have my copy of CC with me (I'm on a vacation), but I was looking at it last week and the opening quote in the book hints at the planet itself being the Entity (at least that was interpretation of the text).  I wish someone could look at their copy and post it here...  If not, I will when I get home...  In six days...

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 11:58:27 pm »
Well, Mother Brain also noted that the Planet will recover, given enough time..
That seems to mean that the Entity will survive, although humans will not...

I generally take the Entity to be a manifestation of the Gaia Hypothesis. The Entity isn't just the planet; it is the life of the planet. If Lavos had fallen on a lifeless world, it might have been able to siphon a little energy, but it is a living planet that provides a banquet. The entity isn't just the rocks and minerals, but also the flora and fauna. Humans, then, are a part of the Entity, similarly as how liver cells are part of the human body.

Thus, as long as the possibility of life is maintained on a planet, the Entity (of that planet) wouldn't die, but it wouldn't be the same creature either. I suspect that Lavos would have left the Entity crippled by its disease, as it were, similarly to how a human might be crippled by a serious illness.

I would agree to that.. The Entity would still be alive, but it would no longer be the Entity we knew...

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 03:24:00 am »
Anyone watched Aika?

In this anime it says that the planet itself created the RAG. Is a metal that can be manipuleted and tecnicly destroy matter or maybe make it desapear.

And there is a guy who take this stuff and make weapons with it. It says that has INFINITE ENERGY, and it was unactivated yet.

So I realize that is similar to Time Gates in Trigger they were creted by this "Entity" to help human in Trigger and in Aika this was a defence that the planet it self created.

I know that this could be Off topic but there is some similarities about this.

I belive that time gates are made out of the matter state called Plasma. that is a state where matter and energy become one.

And regarding the entity is possible that are just made by the energy of the planet himsefl like The Genkidama (Spirit Bomb). To help Crono to stop Lavos but then why would the entity help then if is destroying dimensions.
So Lavos Created some of the Time gates and the Red lucca's gate must be created by the entity. Neverthenless is just theory we don't really know untill we get a new game that fill the hole between Trigger and Cross. Maybe Crimson Echos will help with it.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 11:09:57 pm »
I think the Entity is the Planet.

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 08:08:42 pm »
Is the planet because there is nothing as "Luck". something must created then but I always wander why in Cross the planet started go againt humans?.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2008, 05:32:02 am »
Well, let's summarize.

These are our ideas.

1. The Entity is the planet.
2. The Entity is Schala.
3. The Entity is Gaspar.
4. The Entity is Lavos.

I would like to take a closer look at number 3. I don't believe that the Entity is Gaspar, entirely.

I'm not sure this has been brought up yet, but I'm definitely feeling a vibe of Trinitarianism between the three Gurus. Perhaps, as God is three persons comprising one Entity, could not these Gurus do the same, for the sake of Biblical Paralellism?

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 10:46:33 am »
Except the game designers probably weren't Christian and probably have little to no idea what the trinity actually is (certainly, not all Christians even understand or believe the concept).

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 06:24:42 pm »
Isn't it already pretty much confirmed what the Entity is? The lines regarding the planet as being in battle with Lavos are enough to convince me...

The only actual character I can imagine being even close to the Entity is Belthasar, and even that's a stretch since he seems to be just a nutcase (well, CT proved that) bent on manipulating and sacrificing millions in order to find one girl from his past. If anything he's harming the planet.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 09:45:02 pm »
Yeah, especially with the retranslation, I didn't think it could be any clearer...It leaves very little (I say none) room for theory of the Entity being anything but the planet...I didn't even know it was still being discussed anymore...>_>

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 11:16:17 pm »
Well, to be fair, there is a lot of Chrono Theory that has been fairly well argued at this point but which can easily ellude someone. We should always encourage people to ask questions, even if the answer seems obvious. Sometimes, some things need to be questioned.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 03:42:39 am »
Yeah, but an easy search of "Entity" in the forums or perhaps even a perusal of the Encyclopedia should provide most of the speculation that seems to have occurred in here...Raising NEW questions is always good...but first people should know what available theory there is already, yeah? I mean, the last thing we need is to turn into GameFAQs (of old...?) where you'll get a dozen or so "What's the Entity?" threads every couple months...>_>

Yourgingerestfan

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2008, 12:16:12 pm »
Except the game designers probably weren't Christian and probably have little to no idea what the trinity actually is (certainly, not all Christians even understand or believe the concept).

they did give a little thought to christianity

melchoir gaspar and belthasar are said to be the 3 wise men at jesus' birth

although i believe the entitity is the planet :P