Author Topic: So, What is the Entity in CT?  (Read 6513 times)

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
So, What is the Entity in CT?
« on: July 05, 2008, 03:16:41 am »
I believe that the planet could be the entity... I am not sure if it has been speculated before, but anyway here's my take...

Ok so, the planet is practically an empty shell in 2300 AD... Lifeless and slowly diminishing. Lavos was manifesting in it and corroding and choking it. After Lavos did his thing, the planet weakened and we all know would eventually have died if not for CT gang.

So, the planet has got to be the entity in my book.

When the battle is over and at the fair the group says that they feel the entity is finally at rest. Lavos had to be making the entity suffer so that entity created the gates, to help itself and rid itself of the disease that is Lavos. So now the planet is at rest since it no longer has the manifestation of Lavos in it.

So unless something else was suffering I would say that the planet is the entity. If the planet is capable of producing gates what else is it capable of producing?

So, what do you guys think?

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: So, What is the Entity in CT?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 05:32:07 am »
If this was the 499th topic started on this, I wouldn't be angry.

But seeing as it's the 500th I can offer you this.

It's left to speculation. No one knows. Shrink up your shameless plug in your sig.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 02:04:28 pm »
Lakon, I'll be easy on your because you haven't been here long.  I'm going to stop talking to you here and address T-Rod, in turn giving you a little history lesson concerning the Compendium and it's overall views towards the Entity.  Remember, this has been YEARS in the making - arguing both for and against.

T_rod, it isn't actually left to as much speculation as one would think.  By peering into in-depth game scripts (both American and Japanese translations), the answer has begun to take shape.  You see, most people here at the Compendium DO believe that the planet is the Entity.  It's been discussed for years and most of us (if not all those who have heard the reason's for such a belief) have come to such a conclusion.  If you have any questions look back on some older threads (some going back to 2004-2005) and you'll see it all in more detail.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 05:54:41 pm »
Yeah sorry for being so brackish.

I just hear debate after debate about the entity, so I usually like to nip it in the bud.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 12:38:20 am »
I belive that god is the entity but looks like here they are all Agnostic  :lol:

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 01:16:05 am »
I belive that god is the entity but looks like here they are all Agnostic  :lol:

'cept me bud lol. I play guitar at Lighthouse Assembly of God. I'm a tongue-speakin' pew jumper.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 03:07:40 am »
Lakon, you're AoG?  I've grown up CoG!  We're sister organizations!

(CoG being Church of God, for those who didn't know...)

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 01:20:50 pm »
I agree with Boo, the entity was definitely the planet itself or something similar. The life force of the planet, maybe. It set out a direct course of events to stop it's death, and succeeded.

These debates are why I'm allowed to go on this site during summer school classes. I fucking love the compendium so much...

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 02:47:49 pm »
Gentlemen, this is the analysis forum.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 06:07:34 pm »

Thanks so much for contributing to the ANALYSIS portion of this forum.

But, yeah, Lakon, feel free to look at it however you like.  God, The Planet, Sparky, whatever - the Entity is a component of the Chrono series not to be ignored.  I personally believe that it is The Planet - and I only came to that conclusion after spending quite a bit of time around here.  But I also think the creators intentionally left it vague and open to interpretation...  We don't want it ALL spelled out for us, now do we?

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 08:29:10 pm »

Thanks so much for contributing to the ANALYSIS portion of this forum.

But, yeah, Lakon, feel free to look at it however you like.  God, The Planet, Sparky, whatever - the Entity is a component of the Chrono series not to be ignored.  I personally believe that it is The Planet - and I only came to that conclusion after spending quite a bit of time around here.  But I also think the creators intentionally left it vague and open to interpretation...  We don't want it ALL spelled out for us, now do we?

Very true, because look at some of the topics on the analysis forum.

I mean, me and Thought and a couple of other guys are trying to find out if quantum mechanics and quantum physics apply in the Chrono universe.

And the Entity is more than likely the planet itself. This could also account for the foil of all plans to try and grow food in the ruined future, I think. Like the Entity was damaged and wounded greatly by Lavos, if not dead or dying.

Honestly, in the ruined future, I don't believe the seeds would have grown enough, and the Enertrons would have to eventually stop working. Either the people evolve to be able to eat metal, or humankind would have been wiped out of existence by the harsh environment and Mother Brain.

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 10:41:02 pm »
Well, Mother Brain also noted that the Planet will recover, given enough time..
That seems to mean that the Entity will survive, although humans will not...

Saelind

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 05:11:24 pm »
Ya know, I was thinking about this matter just yesterday. It is never said that the entity is the planet.
The entity could be Schala, since she is sent to the Darkness Beyond The Times, which its time flows differently from the original Timeline. It could also be Gaspar. But it could also be Lavos itself, willing to become the Time Devourer.

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 10:17:05 pm »
Yeah, it wasn't really mentioned that the Planet is the entity, but the alternatives you mentioned are not very likely candidates.. If Schala was the entity, she could have done with saving herself from the Ocean Palace disaster.. Can't be Gaspar: he's marooned on a timeless nowhere, unable to direct the flow of time, only to observe it... And it surely can't be Lavos: why would Lavos aid the very people (Chrono and Co.), in defeating himself?

Saelind

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 12:31:13 am »
Lavos could do it if he is sentient and willing to become the Time Devourer. But that were just examples anyway, don't take it too seriously. But I still think that another being might be the entity. On another theory, the entity could have being the characters. Let me explain it, all of us wish to in some way or another, 'save the planet', we live in our own universe. So, maybe one of the 'heros' might be the entity, and this person may even not know this.

Again, just examples.