Author Topic: Lucca vs Lynx  (Read 21536 times)

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2005, 12:46:00 am »
Plus there were those fire monster things that I forgot their names in the orphanage.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2005, 01:35:27 pm »
Exactly.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2005, 06:00:11 am »
Quote from: Sentenal
Lynx says that he killed Lucca.

No he doesn't.. He clearly says something to Kid like "You'll soon see Lucca" before hes about to kill her. But remember, Kid is basically immortal because of her pendant. Also, we know Lynx has a habit of using poisons on his daggers, could he have possibly knocked out Lucca with a sleep poison one? He could have wanted to do that to Kid aswell, and take her to Fate or something.

Sentenal

• View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2005, 12:12:53 pm »
Okay, Lynx heavily implied he kill Lucca.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2005, 07:26:02 pm »
As far as I remember, in CT only fire elementals can use fire magic, and elements weren't available outside of El Nido (or if they were, only to Porreans), and I'm just assuming, but I take that it'd be hard to burn an entire house with a match

And, besides the orphanage, the only time those fire monsters (Lavaboys?) appear is in Mount Pyre, where the fire dragon has complete power, so the fire monsters could just be manifestations of high fire power

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2005, 07:48:17 pm »
Yeah, but I think it's obvious that Monsters can be caught and trained to do w/e you want (or at least fight and cause trouble)...This thought comes from CC's minigame with Sprigg...wtf was it called? w/e...

Why weren't Elements available outside of El Nido? For one, they were found by the ancient Dragonians in power points, yes? Were these only found in El Nido? I don't think this is specified. Secondly, if Elements were available ANYWHERE, they'd obviously be shipped out to Zenan and the other continents...

Also, Double and Triple Techs of non-Fire Elemental properties can become Fire Elemental.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2005, 08:00:10 pm »
I think the minigame's called the Grandslam, but I don't see how that realtes....
I guess I don't have a specific reason as to why I don't think the fire could've been caused by elements, but it just doesn't seem right.
And, also, Lynx and Harle were standing inside the orphanage during the fire, it's seems, to me, that, if they caused it, they would've taken Lucca, gotten out, then burnt it down, or however they would've done it, but that they wouldn't burn it down while they were in it.
The only double/triple tech that I know that is fire-elemental from non-fire-elements is X-Slash, or w/e the Glenn/Serge one is called, and that really doesn't start any fire or anything; although it is fire-elemental, I don't think it can start a fire because it really has no 'fire' in it.. the best example I can think of is being able to burn (rope burn, dry ice, etc.) someone without starting a fire

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2005, 11:04:16 pm »
Why would they have taken Lucca? They confronted her at the orphanage, she refused to cooperate, they killed her(implied) and then burned the orphanage. Seems reasonable to me.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2005, 11:34:26 pm »
SilentMartyr, were you CTcronoboy before?
I just put that taking Lucca thing in for if they wanted to 'negotiate' with her while using burning the orphanage as a threat.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2005, 11:57:52 pm »
I used the GrandSlam because you were saying that you had only seen the LavaBoys in fire areas...I don't think it's implausible to think that LavaBoys could be captured or trained or w/e like the monsters in the GrandSlam...

And, yeah, I think they're just too badass to fear the flame.

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2005, 12:12:54 am »
Is there any remote chance that Luccia herself could really be Lucca? Perhaps she is working undercover (for investigation purposes and for the safety of her own life), and she is closely watching Porre's military actions and advancements in technology. Not to mention, she could also be secretly keeping an eye on Kid, waiting for the right time to give her  the letter that Lucca wrote to Kid (so she claims; the letter was actually written by her).

I mean if Miguel could be Crono, why couldn't Luccia be Lucca?

Note: I'm sorry that I keep bringing up all of these characters in Chrono Cross and proposing that they could have some connection with characters in Chrono Trigger.

Like:

Miguel = Crono
Luccia = Lucca
Serge = Janus
Marle = (Any ideas?) :) *Seriously*

I think I just want the important characters of Chrono Trigger to have some behind-the-scenes roles in Chrono Cross, thus making Chrono Cross more complex than what it already is.  :wink:

Sentenal

• View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2005, 12:26:21 am »
[Must hold myself back for going on a sarcaistic rant...]

I really really doubt it.  Luccia is way to young.  If Luccia=Lucca, do you not think Lynx would have tryed to so something when he visited Viper Manon?

And I don't put any stock in Crono=Miguel either.

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2005, 12:31:16 am »
If Luccia=Lucca, do you not think Lynx would have tryed to so something when he visited Viper Manon?

Key Word: Undercover :P

Sentenal

• View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2005, 01:02:09 am »
Okay, do you think Lucca would have tryed and aided Serge and Co. with her Magic using ablity?  Luccia cannot use magic, and is no where NEAR the calibur of Lucca in terms of combat.

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2005, 01:11:47 am »
Luccia cannot use magic, and is no where NEAR the calibur of Lucca in terms of combat.

Good point!  :wink: