Author Topic: Lucca vs Lynx  (Read 21621 times)

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 08:00:31 pm »
The only thing I can think of that would make unarmored opponents able to withstand bullets within the realm of reason and RPGs is a kind of Jedi-esque facility with creating force fields using one's own chi spirit energy.  Said facility would improve as time went on -- we know that characters like Crono, Marle, and Lucca could possess such a skill, as they are innate magic users with great potential power.  However, people like Ayla would require armor.  In any case, the chances of any of the CT crew being felled in a straight fight is close to nil.  Assassination is the only viable option in these cases -- as many skills as the crew has, precognition apparently isn't one of them.  The only way of avoiding this would be if for some strange reason they sleep protected by a shield generator under a bulletproof blanket with a helmet on.  Oh, wait, they live in a castle.  IMO, some weird shit going down with time is the only explanation for why Crono and Marle could end up as the childlike wraiths they are in CC.  If Lynx abducted Lucca by catching her off-guard or using her orphans as hostages to gain her cooperation, she may have killed herself to prevent the Prometheus lock from being released.  While Lynx may not be able to easily kill her due to her magic ability, he is still able to hurt her, physically, mentally, and especially emotionally.  FATE is quite a powerful entity itself.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2005, 03:53:44 pm »
I always thought that Lucca died some time after the orphanage fire, because Lynx (and Harle of course) needed her to break the seal on FATE.

The Pros and Cons of Lucca's Battle

- Pros -

-Lucca is an extremely powerful Magic user
-Lucca's weapons, guns, are advanced, long range, devastating weapons
-Home field advantage, it's her house
-Lynx needs Lucca alive (long enough)  to break the Prometheus lock
-Lucca, as mentioned in her letter to Kid, was always thinking that an attack on her, or her friends, would be likely due to what they did by changing history
-Lucca's known for having fire-protective armors, care of her father, Taban

- Cons -

-Home turf is nearly negated because...it's on FIRE!
-A load of panic-stricken kids that Lucca is more than likely trying to defend from the fire
-Lucca is outnumbered, she has to deal with the Lava Boys (is that their name?), Harle, and Lynx
-The attack is probably unexpected, regardless of Lucca's letter to Kid

So, although she's powerful, she's obviously outnumbered, surprised, and has to deal with the children, the fire, and then on top of that she's got monsters and demihumans after her as well. I think the odds were just against her...

Although there's one little thing, and that's a variable that depends on whether or not you believe Elements are stronger than Lavoid (new word?) Magic. But when it comes down to it, she just had way too much on her plate...

Where's your mom & dad, Lucca?

sarua

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2005, 05:08:14 pm »
Maybe i mistaken something but i thought that Lynx asked Lucca to break the seal and when she refused he killed her :?

-Lucca is outnumbered, she has to deal with the Lava Boys (is that their name?), Harle, and Lynx

Was it mentioned what attacked here with Lynx?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2005, 05:10:39 pm »
Just noting that GrayLensman has a comprehensive model and theory to resolve this constant struggle of knife-in-the-back-kills outside combat while meteorite-at-sonic-speed doesn't kill in combat. It all revolves around elemental energy, and its status as the basis of the universe.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2005, 05:43:24 pm »
Quote from: sarua
Maybe i mistaken something but i thought that Lynx asked Lucca to break the seal and when she refused he killed her Confused

But...The seal was broken...I thought it was understood that eventually, they did get it out of her...

Quote from: sarua

Was it mentioned what attacked here with Lynx?

I didn't say that all of those things attacked Lucca at once, or even at all, but the fact of the matter is that all of those things ARE in the orphanage causin' a ruckus because of her. Both Lynx and Harle want her, so I'm guessing they both attack her at the least...Although Kid never really mentions Harle, actually, she never knows about her until she meets her with Serge...Although she was unconcious for most of it I guess...I still believe they both attack Lucca, even if it's not at the same time. Plus, she's got to deal with the Lava Boys just for the simple fact that they're there. All the kids are freaking out and hiding because of them...in a burning house! I'm guessing though that they used Kid as a hostage (perhaps that's a reason she's knocked out?) to get to Lucca.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2005, 01:56:09 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka

But...The seal was broken...I thought it was understood that eventually, they did get it out of her...

No, they didn't, which is why Lynx needed to take the form of Serge.  Taking the form ofSerge allowed them to gain access tot he Frozen Falme, get rid of the Prometheus lock, etc.  Had Lucca broken it for them, Lynx (Fate) wouldn't ahve needed to use Serge's form.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2005, 12:47:57 pm »
We never see a body, so we dont know where, or if, Lucca was killed.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2005, 02:39:53 pm »
Of course, they may have not shown a body simply because they didn't want to actually have an appearance of any of the original cast of 7 in a physical form.   Same with Robo, his presence is in the game, you can hear him talking, but you don't actually see him.  You do know that he is dead, however.  Note that I'm not arguing that Lucca is either alive or dead, I'm jsut stating.

Sentenal

• View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2005, 02:54:09 pm »
Robo's case is slightly different.  Hes a machine, and therefore Robo's personality, memories, etc is all data on a computer chip.  this data can be copied.  But there is another topic on Robo's fate...

Silvercry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • The Great Silvercry's Blog
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2005, 03:48:17 pm »
One question:

Who says Lucca is dead?

Daniel Krispin

Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2005, 07:00:14 pm »
The ghosts do: 'We no longer exist in this timeline'. That implies that Crono, Marle, and Lucca are dead, at least in the home-world.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2005, 08:43:49 pm »
Huh? Doesn't FATE at least imply that they offed Lucca?

Also, aren't the ghosts just talking about that timeline that Crono & Co. destroyed by defeating Lavos or something?

Sentenal

• View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2005, 09:55:18 pm »
Lynx says that he killed Lucca.

And I take "We no longer exist in this timeline" to mean they are the collective spirits of the saved future, who got erased when Serge lived to restore the Lavos future.  And they take the form of Crono, Marle, and Lucca because those were the people who saved it.  Well, the last part i'm not sure about.  Because they used the word timeline, and exist, I take it that those are not Crono and co.  Even if Crono, Marle, and Lucca were dead, they would have still existed on the timeline, just at previous points.  The reason I think they are the collective spirits of the erased saved timeline is because who else would no longer exist?

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2005, 11:37:10 pm »
I don't recall exactly, but wasn't Lucca's element fire, and didn't the orphanage burn? Maybe Lynx somehow used Lucca's powers against her (maybe he killed an orphan, caused Lucca to go insane with revenge and burn the entire orphanage and herself to try to kill Lynx)

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Lucca vs Lynx
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2005, 12:02:27 am »
That seems like a stretch...

I mean, it's not like ONLY people who are Fire Elemental can use fire...Not to mention Fire-based Elements.