Author Topic: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes - HELP WANTED!  (Read 10143 times)

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes - HELP WANTED!
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2008, 12:22:22 am »
Does anyone have the time to expand my knowledge? Does anyone know where a guide may be located. Like I've said before, I learn very quickly.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2008, 12:26:53 am »
I'll be working on a full sprite insertion guide that assimilates the knowledge gathered by Vehek, Chickenlump, justin3009, and others. For now, you might be interested in this: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=5987.0

That thread is lacking info on sprite animation though.

Belaith

• I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2008, 12:31:35 am »
Ok, thanks. As far as commitment goes... I'm currently working on a full sprite sheet (editing a Crono sprite sheet) and right now it's looking good. I'm watching out for the color limit. Anything else I need to watch out for?

edit: Would this possibly fit into a rom? If so, I'm going to continue working with the sheet based on this sprite.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 12:44:20 am by Laith »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2008, 01:25:21 am »
It'd work as a player character if we could remove the Size 0 limitation on player character sprites. Otherwise, you'd have to give up a few pixels here and there to meet the "fits into four tiles" specification. Arrgh!

...however, Devil May Crono could be an enemy.

Belaith

• I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2008, 01:46:47 am »
Haha. So this time it's too small? And I think that sprite insertion is not for me. I'm lost with the whole Temporal Flux deal. None of it makes sense to me. I'm guessing I have to have a little programming knowledge, which I have only BASIC knowledge. I don't know any others.

I guess I'm stuck with just drawing.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2008, 02:46:56 am »
Haha, if you can program in BASIC, you have more programming knowledge than me! I'm lucky I can string together a bit of outmoded HTML.

Just focus on your spriting skills for now -- you show great promise. I suppose that if there's a "test" the CE team could use to recruit new spriters, it should simply be this:

Create a Chrono Trigger-style sprite of 12 colors that fits into four tiles (four 16x16 pixel squares). The tiles can be arranged in any order. That's literally it. If it meets those specs, it can be inserted as a player character.

Belaith

• I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2008, 02:55:53 am »
I'm going to do that test. I'm thinking I should draw the four tiles, then draw the sprite inside the tiles, and erase the remaining pieces of the tiles. Should there be a space in between the tiles or no?

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2008, 12:32:01 am »
Haha, if you can program in BASIC, you have more programming knowledge than me! I'm lucky I can string together a bit of outmoded HTML.

Just focus on your spriting skills for now -- you show great promise. I suppose that if there's a "test" the CE team could use to recruit new spriters, it should simply be this:

Create a Chrono Trigger-style sprite of 12 colors that fits into four tiles (four 16x16 pixel squares). The tiles can be arranged in any order. That's literally it. If it meets those specs, it can be inserted as a player character.

12 Colors? Is that the maximum requirement for ALL characters, bosses included? (just asking...I did a Queen Zeal redesign for a boss idea I had...

For norstein Bekkler...Changed the mask to white and blue, and the skin became...skin-colored. I think there are 13 colors. Ignore the color swatches, they're not applicable anymore.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2008, 01:54:41 am »
Yep, 12 colors plus one background color (transparent in-game) for NPCs and bosses as well.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2008, 03:24:40 am »
De-stickying since this is mostly taken care of.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2008, 12:10:24 pm »
Yep, 12 colors plus one background color (transparent in-game) for NPCs and bosses as well.

:picardno

...dang. I'd better change it, then.

Bigvinu

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2009, 08:51:59 pm »
I don't know how helpful this would be to Crimson Echoes, but I'm working on a full walk-through of the game and I've pretty much finished covering all of Demo 2 (I still can't find out if it's possible to beat King Zeal or not). Anyway, if the project needs an official walk-through, I could do it.