Author Topic: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes - HELP WANTED!  (Read 9915 times)

Kharaen

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Random Art
Re: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes - HELP WANTED!
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2008, 08:09:06 pm »
I think I could help with sprites and maping. My experience is fairly limited, but I think with enough practise I could be quite decent. Example of first time spriting.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2008, 02:23:58 am »

Kharaen

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Random Art
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2008, 01:51:13 am »
I can find character sprites fairly easily with those programs (and probably monsters as well, with different palettes) but can't for the life of me find the balloon sprites. TP is amazing for map objects. Are there any tutorials for finding the menu/balloon sprites?

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2008, 03:22:43 am »
I am not sure where to post this so please help okay? 

When I go back to the i8ce age and go chase Dalton.  Sometimes Magu's weapon misses the beast and the beast becomes stronger while other times I have gotten thru just fine.   This is WEIRD!   Can someone explain?

EDIT:  I did it again and this time the weapon did not miss.  I got to the Golem boss and defeated him so know I don't know what to do.    :(          :(            Nobody says anything.    No hints no clues nothing.

I also have to do a HARD search to even find this dang forum.    This needs to go to an obvious spot somewhere.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:34:02 am by 4th Triforce piece »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2008, 04:01:00 am »
We had a specific thread for this kind of thing for over a year. 

1) Beasts counter everything by getting stronger (i believe it was like this in CT as well, we couldn't edit AI at that time)
2) Number one asked question.  Go south and "behind the mountain" is a secret exit.....i'm PRETTY sure there was dialogue saying to do this after the battle, but it's been awhile and this chapter has significantly changed since the demo.   Anyways if you just keep pressing the "enter area" button over and over behind that mountain you should get in daltons dungeon.

--JP

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2008, 12:41:55 am »
Thanks for the help.

I did that before I asked and found nothing: I searched all over the island too for the dungoun.  I went to the North Cape.   I even searched high and low but I will do it ONE more time now that I know where to narrow it down too.      

Just went all over the permimter of the mountain and there is NO SUCH ENTRANCE!   At least I didn't pay anything for this so I am not too upset. 

2.  Sometimes the bests in the ice-file power up while other times they are like pussy cats if I use my weapons.   so they AREN'T always attack up.

2.  I had to do a HARD SEARCH in the encyclopedia to even FIND this thread.   countless clicking.   Just added it to my favorites.   :D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 02:39:03 am by 4th Triforce piece »

Janus Zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2008, 08:59:40 pm »
Wow, it really has been a while. Between moving cities and law classes I'd almost forgotten about CE. Well, I finally have a little more free time and would love to help out again if I could. I am open to beta-testing, anything to help finish up this project.

I can be reached at jesse.champ@gmail.com

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2008, 08:09:58 pm »
Let's get this show back on the road. Hop to it, spriters! We just need the raw artwork -- I will insert, so that way you don't have to worry about all the technical gobbledegook. I'm compiling a sprite insertion guide that expresses Vehek's, justin3009's, and others' accumulatied sprite editing knowledge all in one place for those interested, though.

What sprites still need to be created? And will this be handled over email or PM primarily, seeing as we probably don't want to come out and explicitly request sprites for the last boss, etc.?

Astrobot7000

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2008, 10:24:16 pm »
I'm playing Demo 2 right now.
I have been playing for two hours and cannot even do anything.
I delivered the pie, but I have talked to every single NPC and cannot find the ferry captain. I went to Medina as well. The Vangaurd wont let me in to deliver the sword. I have been wandering for an hour. What the heck am I supposed to do?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2008, 10:25:30 pm »
Dude, I forgot how rough the demo's were...

Astrobot7000

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2008, 10:25:51 pm »
So the demo seems good so far... but there is a major problem. I find that I keep just wandering around aimlessly with no idea what to do or where to go. I finally finished the first fetch quest and delivered all the items. Now I'm playing as Magus and beat the Golem. Now I'm just wandering around aimlessly (have been for about 40 minutes). I have talked to everyone, went everywhere... there is nothing else to do.

DarioEMeloD

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ñ
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2008, 05:55:53 pm »
Well, I guess I can help with something...
I've attached some random sprites I made some time ago... (I'm not saying you could use them, it's just an example)
Hope you like it!
=)

So the demo seems good so far... but there is a major problem. I find that I keep just wandering around aimlessly with no idea what to do or where to go. I finally finished the first fetch quest and delivered all the items. Now I'm playing as Magus and beat the Golem. Now I'm just wandering around aimlessly (have been for about 40 minutes). I have talked to everyone, went everywhere... there is nothing else to do.
You have to go to the mountain near the forest (it was a forest, right?) and you can "enter" from the back... It's an "invisible" entrance lol
Just go walking pressing A

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 05:58:15 pm by Mr. Darius »

Astrobot7000

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2008, 10:37:08 pm »
Thank you.
I can finally progress.

The demo is pretty awesome, but the initial delivery quest took me about an hour of aimless wandering. I would never have found that secret cave behind the mountain if not told about it. I would have given up the demo almost instantly if I had not known before hand it was going to be awesome. I think these design choices may turn away a lot of potential players. But then again, anyone playing would already have to be a fan of Chrono Trigger. So maybe my point is moot.

So far though, the demo is awesome besides those wandering parts.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2008, 10:45:23 pm »
It's a demo I'd imagine it will be polished a lot more before being released. Demo's are mainly just a way to let people know your still alive and progress is being made.

Stormsend

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Let's not over-extend ourselves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2008, 09:07:38 pm »
Well, I have absolutely no experience with spriting or anything, but if you need any help with dialogue or any other writing, then I can actually be of use.