Author Topic: CHRONO TRIGGER DS - CONFIRMED NA RELEASE, NEW DUNGEON, WIRELESS, TOUCH SCREEN  (Read 22260 times)

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
Nah you won't get fully orchestrated songs.... kinda sucks, but that's what hacks are for right?

Compyfox

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Studio Compyfox
...Square Enix has confirmed that Chrono Trigger will release for the DS this holiday. Unlike the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest remakes, Chrono Trigger will not receive a graphical overhaul, though it will be reformatted to utilize the DS' dual-screen presentation and touch-screen functionality. ...

Personally... I don't have a problem with that, I'd even prefer it that way.

I'd be dissapointed over a crappy 3D Remake (like FF4) for a game like this. The only remake I'd have accepted would have been CT:R for the Gamecube or XB360. But that's very unlikely to happen.

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
OMG! I can't wait, *runs downstairs gets DS blows pile of dust off of it* I knew this thing would be good for something one day

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
Looks like I'm buying a DS Lite this November for my birthday!

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
OMG! I can't wait, *runs downstairs gets DS blows pile of dust off of it* I knew this thing would be good for something one day

I had to do the same thing. Lack of a DECENT flash cart prevents my use of the thing.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger for the DS? Agreeable.

The enthusiasm for this port really shows how much we've been starved over the past decade. I would expect this kind of excitement for a new Chrono game, but a port? I think we've been out in the desert for too long. Well...now is our chance to show Squeenix our love for the series in the way that matters to them most: $$$

Ahem. еее

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games

I had to do the same thing. Lack of a DECENT flash cart prevents my use of the thing.

Yeah

Ozzie

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
I thought it would be cool to make a screensaver out of that clock flash, so I did. :)
To prevent myself from leaving the page open, and to save that flash, as it may change later.

I would have uploaded it as an attatchment, but it's a bit bigger than the size allowed.

It looks nice, and is full-screen.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HRTACKYL
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:24:32 am by Ozzie »

Compyfox

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Studio Compyfox
Nice... how'd ya do that anyway? And does it still work as clock?

Ozzie

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
It still syncs to my computer's time.

I used a free tool called InstantStorm, it lets you use any flash and create a screensaver from it. It even creates an install for you. It's an excellent tool, and I couldn't be happier with it. Not too many CT screensavers around... :(

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
I'm still not convinced that the graphics will go completely untouched...That press release (no, not Gamespot's interpretation of the press release everyone's been throwing around that says "unlike the FF & DQ remakes") throws around phrases like "Remastered exclusively for Nintendo DS" and "newly revamped edition"...but I think the one thing that actually has the possibility of working against that is the part that says that it "maintains all of the game's original elements and spirit"...Elements & spirit could just be battle system, script (lamest possibility), etc...but it could also be the graphics...but "maintains" is also kind of vague, really...You can maintain the original graphics & still tweek them a bit. I mean, sure the game has great 16-bit graphics, but w/current tech, they could at the very least make said sprites cleaner.

Also, I don't know how much we can really perceive from that magazine (whichever it really is) since the pics are horrendously shitty (add to that the fact that we don't speak Japanese?)...Even if the sprites were touched up a bit, I don't know if we'd be able to tell from those pics...

I still say we won't know until SE itself actually says so one way or the other or if someone actually has & translates that magazine. Hopefully July 7th will come & tell us what's what...

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
I'm actually kind of hoping it retains 2D graphics, but battle animations and such are spruced up. 2.5D Chrono Trigger, anyone?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
What does that even mean? You want the graphics to change once you hit a battle...? >_>

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
No, I meant that attack animations for magic and techs could be improved while retaining the original character sprites.

4th Triforce piece

Sorry for the snideish comment (If that is a word) but fan hype just pisses me off when they go over-board. :x

And then you will be able to unlock Chorno Cross as a bonus feature with new areas.  Then next year they will ship Chrono Resurrection that got shut down with Prophet's guide as a bonus feature. HYPE HYPE HYPE!
 Remember to control your expectations then you won't be dissapointed unless you are on drugs and never can be dissapointed until your brains fry  (passes out)

I am NOT going through a Zelda Twilght Princess hype all over again.  Thanks but no thanks.