Author Topic: CHRONO TRIGGER DS - CONFIRMED NA RELEASE, NEW DUNGEON, WIRELESS, TOUCH SCREEN  (Read 21901 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Maybe the Millennial Fair will be expanded to include more multi-player friendly mini-games or something?

ogh

• Earthbound (+15)
  • CT on DS OMG!
    • View Profile
Maybe the Millennial Fair will be expanded to include more multi-player friendly mini-games or something?
I'm thinking on the same way... Since they announced the wireless, I'm thinking on the Milenal Fair will have some modifications to the wireless...

Mez

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger in Multiplayer-Mode could be really fun!
I hope there will be any screens of the new dungeon soon.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
I don't think a Versus mode would be very... Functional for Chrono Trigger, or any RPG for that matter. No battle would really last that long, due to the fact that almost everyone over level 50, save Lucca or Marle, hit's far above 100 point of damage and the HP cap is 999.

Specter

• Porrean (+50)
  • Aphotic Fortissimo
    • View Profile
    • http://specter.sheezyart.com
I think it's safe to say that most of us will have our eyes on this until the day it comes out, but let's not forget that this could be the "signal flare" for a new era of fresh life in the Chrono series. To some, those words no doubt ring of empty enthusiasm and hollow hopes, but consider this: the last time Square-Enix touched the franchise at all it was as a nostalgia nod to long-time fans and came coupled with another back-in-the-day title. Not so now. This is Chrono Trigger, standing on its own, strutting onto the stage of arguably the most dominant portable next-gen game system of the moment. This is Chrono Trigger back in the spotlight, rising like a phoenix from the ashes of time to embrace a younger generation of gamers within the folds of its wings. Is there a chance the new add-ons will be gimmicky and underdeveloped? If we're honest with ourselves, yes there is. But there is one inexorable fact that this new re-release embodies, one that simply cannot be ignored.

This is no nostalgic nod. This is Square-Enix acknowledging Chrono Trigger's potential. If this goes well and young gamers embrace it like its 1995 v2.0, then the chances of a new game absolutely skyrocket.

I, for my part, am already planning on doing my part to help draw in the new recruits. I've been out of action lately, but I have currently begun work on a Flash movie to promote the new game. More on that once I have something to showcase.