Author Topic: CHRONO TRIGGER DS - CONFIRMED NA RELEASE, NEW DUNGEON, WIRELESS, TOUCH SCREEN  (Read 22258 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
How about keeping the original script with a few Woolseyisms, eh?

I'm sure they'll leave the names alone like they did w/the GBA FFs...

Hmmm, that's a good point people are raising about the scans for sure not actually showing stuff from the DS version yet. I wonder why no one else had brought that up?! Makes sense. I mean, why wouldn't they show both screens?

bobfunck65

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Personally I'm going to be disappointed if all the new port has to offer is one new dungeon, touch screen interface, and some sort of online functionality. Square could make so much more out of it. At the very least they could throw in the goodies from the PS1 port. I'll buy it either way, but I would feel a bit gypped paying thirty bucks for just that.

On a Side Note: Would anyone like to upload that flash screen saver to another source? Megaupload crapped out on me the last 8 times I tried it. Or maybe someone could e-mail it to me/ MSN me.

flyfox65(AT)hotmail(dot)com
             @              .

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Feel bad for spending 30?  I'd feel happy wasting 50-60 if it gives us any chance at a newer game.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Yeah...and what "goodies" were there in the PSX port...? Lame TOEI animations? Slow load times? Extras you only get after you've beaten the game numerous times that are, by that time, completely useless? >_>

This is their kiss & making up to Chrono fans after that PSX debacle if you ask me...

Ema

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Truth Filter, Goodness Filter & Utility Filter...
    • View Profile
    • IG
I got pretty hyped up when I saw the website, but no graphical improvements.
But still, handheld CT is pretty sweet, I'm getting it also to show the support.
I hope the Multiplayer mode isn't some item trading crap >_<.

BTW!, they added a counter to the website o:...
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ctds/
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 02:28:58 pm by Ema »

ogh

• Earthbound (+15)
  • CT on DS OMG!
    • View Profile
But still, handheld CT is pretty sweet, I'm getting it also to show the support.

They're freaking me out! This monday gonna be THE DAY

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
AHA! Thank you ema. Now we shall know the exact moment that new information will be unveiled, so that we may all plan our sleep schedule accordingly.

Approximately 452,000 seconds to go as of this post. That's 7,533.33 minutes, or 125.56 hours, or...5.23 days? Wait a minute, this is already the Fourth. That would push back release of new info to the ninth...

Already there's a delay. Crikey.

EDIT: Oh snap! I just figured out that it's not in raw seconds, but in hh:mm:ss. July 7 it is.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 02:55:51 pm by FaustWolf »

mondragon369

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • www.moniker.nl
This is fantastic news!
If it's a perfect SNES port I'll be happy. Every good addition after that perfect port point is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.
It could indeed be that the fan base has been in the desert for too long but I for one will be happy to play this wonderful game again for the umpteenth time. I'll buy a DS for it to, like someone else mentioned before, show my support.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 08:47:44 pm by mondragon369 »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Personally I'm going to be disappointed if all the new port has to offer is one new dungeon, touch screen interface, and some sort of online functionality. Square could make so much more out of it. At the very least they could throw in the goodies from the PS1 port. I'll buy it either way, but I would feel a bit gypped paying thirty bucks for just that.

On a Side Note: Would anyone like to upload that flash screen saver to another source? Megaupload crapped out on me the last 8 times I tried it. Or maybe someone could e-mail it to me/ MSN me.

flyfox65(AT)hotmail(dot)com
             @              .

check http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Downloads

Mark-0

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/crozilla6
Yessss:D:D:D finnaly after  13 years ( well actually 4/5 for me ) something new:D  really can't wait for it :P I hope it will be a make-over just like final fantasy IV but i don't think so...

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
I know it's not important but do you think they will add the unused items? I think it was Dark Blade, Pico Magnum, some gun for Lucca that cuts mob HP in half and two acc.(Seraph Song and Relic IIRC)

po0opiez

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile

i just hope the site doesnt crash when the timer hits 000000
and if im not mistaken this should be 10am eastern and 7am pacific?

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
OMG this news has my heart racing and causing me to hyperventalate right now *takes deep breaths to calm down* okay I think i'll be good for an hour. but seriously first thing we should do when this comes out is start the Wi-Fi matches. one thing I want to see most is how other people would play against others in an awsome game like this. there really is no crappy team but it will depend on who knows their team attacks better than the opposing player.

bobfunck65

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Yeah...and what "goodies" were there in the PSX port...? Lame TOEI animations? Slow load times? Extras you only get after you've beaten the game numerous times that are, by that time, completely useless? >_>

This is their kiss & making up to Chrono fans after that PSX debacle if you ask me...

I'm basically just really partial to the anime cut scenes. >_> I do agree that the load times were horrendous, and that this newly announced version has so much more potential than the psx version ever did... but if they botch it up, I'll be twice as disappointed.

Oh and Zeality, much appreciated. I didn't even know that section of the site existed.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 06:47:30 am by bobfunck65 »

CrAzY

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
AHHH! I am so damn excited for this great, wonderful, amazing news!  :D Anything that could possibly generate more sales for a Chrono game could never be a bad thing... I know im thinking way ahead... but if this sells well... Chrono Break anyone? Hahahaha  :lol:

Nah, but in all seriousness, this is the best gaming news i've heard all year. Cant wait!  8)