Poll

Which Fan Project are you most looking forward?

Chrono Crisis
3 (10%)
Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes
8 (26.7%)
Chrono Trigger: Day of Thantos
0 (0%)
Chrono Trigger Movie Soundtrack Remix Project
3 (10%)
Chrono Trigger Novel Project
2 (6.7%)
Chrono Trigger Remake Project
3 (10%)
Chrono Trigger Special Edition
11 (36.7%)
Unofficial Chrono Trigger II
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: January 09, 2005, 01:56:25 am

Author Topic: 1/15/05 - Which Fan Project are you most looking forward to?  (Read 3401 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
1/15/05 - Which Fan Project are you most looking forward to?
« on: January 09, 2005, 01:56:25 am »
Chrono Crisis

http://icybrian.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5076&st=125

Crono, Nadia, and Lucca discover that people and places in time have been erased after exploring the mystery behind Sandorino's, (the town in the Middle Ages), disappearance. Now, after the town of Chorus starts to vanish they must travel in time to stop the destruction of their world before they too are erased. Done on RPGMaker2003, demo soon to be available.

Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Chrono_Trigger:_Crimson_Echoes

Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes is a vision of Chrono Break, done through a full modification of the Chrono Trigger ROM. The intermediary between Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, it once again follows the original cast members -- albeit the circumstances of their reunion are dark...(full synopsis at site)

Chrono Trigger: Day of Thantos

http://chronotrigger-dt.cjb.net/

Chrono Trigger: Day of Thantos is an effort to create a Chrono game in 3D that takes place between Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.

Throughout the ages, great warriors touched by destiny have journeyed across space, time and dimension to save the earth, all life, and even time itself. As one danger was replaced by another, new heroes came forth to meet the challenge. But there is an untold story in the Chrono saga. The heroes who had crossed time to defeat Lavos and save the future still had a part to play. In the tumultuous time between two dynasties, an ancient foe reached from beyond oblivion to enact is final vengeance, and a new, yet familiar enemy arose. From the hands of the daughter of magic, captive in a prison of shadow, destruction was sown anew. Faced with the ruination of the peace which they had created, the time travelers were thrust into the heat of battle once again. The flames of valor which had ended the tyranny of Lavos were rekindled once more, because not only the fate of the earth was at stake, but all existence. These were the events of Chrono Trigger 2: Day of Thantos.

Chrono Trigger Movie Soundtrack Remix Project

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45588

The mission of this project is to fully orchestrate the incredible music of Chrono Trigger, in order to create a soundtrack befitting the Chrono Trigger movie, as scripted by this project's leader and originator. In doing so, we hope to achieve a level of professionalism and cohesiveness unwitnessed in recent Chrono Trigger projects, and create a product that is both wholly enjoyable and entirely encompassing of its textual foundation. Our mission is, in its purest form, to create a lasting and self-sustaining soundtrack that will be listened to for many years to come, and considered a cornerstone of the Chrono Trigger universe. To do this, we rely upon the most talented remixers in the world, those of the OCReMix forums, whose combined works have reached many thousands upon thousands of ears, and whose combined skills will ensure a compilation of songs worthy of any movie, fan-based or otherwise. This is our mission.

Chrono Trigger Novel Project

http://www.chronotrigger.info/

In light of successful publication, it is my hope that, as the founder and novelist of this project, the Chrono Trigger novel would add a new, entertaining, and enjoyable story in the vast collection of fantasy literature. Through this novel, RPG fans would be treated to the ability to experience the story that they once played their way through in a fresh and in-depth narrative that can effectively supplement the gaming experience. It is my belief that this novel would be a large success if allowed to enter the mainstream, paving the way for other novels like it and a plethora of other possibilities, serving as an asset to the beneficiaries, the gaming community, the reading community, and the entertainment industry.

Chrono Trigger Remake Project

http://www.chrono-trigger.com/

The Chrono Trigger Remake Project is a total conversion for Unreal Tournament 2004 based on the Square-Enix game, Chrono Trigger. We are working to achieve a fun remake true to the original game with a few cool revamped things (such as mini-games, side quests, new events, and a co-op mode). The Chrono Trigger Remake Project team intends to build up their experience with this task of remaking the original CT, while having fun recreating their favourite scenes, characters, and locations from the original game. This project is a just a tribute, and should be conisdered equal to any fanart or fanfiction already existent over the internet. In the future the Project might move to the next Unreal engine in order to have the best engine there is. If our experience lets us, we might even try to build an engine ourselves or use the Unreal Engine 2 Runtime and thus allow people who don't have Unreal Tournament 2004 to play this awesome game.

Chrono Trigger Special Edition

http://www.chronocompendium.com/

An effort by the Chrono Compendium to retranslate Chrono Trigger to clear up original translation mistakes and censorship on Nintendo's part, and also update and refurbish the game in any way possible to widen the experience and fun of Chrono Trigger.

Unofficial Chrono Trigger II

http://www.uct2.net/

Unofficial Chrono Trigger II is a project to recreate Chrono Trigger in 3D using a third-party engine.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 02:04:04 am »
I'm looking forward to the Special Edition because it'll really be amazing to rediscover Chrono Trigger again in its original, unedited form. Plus, we'll have the ability to upgrade it, perhaps adding in optional Prerelease areas like Singing Mountain.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 09:02:25 pm »
Yeah, totally Special Edition...The other stuff would be fun extra goodies, but a retranslation is where it's at.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 10:19:26 pm »
I'm also really looking forward to Crimson Echoes.

Arc Impulse

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://duelist.livejournal.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 11:07:51 pm »
Truthfully, I will be very surprised if most of these projects are ever even finished.

I voted for the Special Edition because the retranslation part, at least, seems to have the most likelyhood of actually getting done.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 11:19:25 pm »
Anything with the Compendium stamp on it will get done. Rest assured, divine intervention willing, done.

Chrono Crisis's demo is about to be debuted; they seem to be working at it well. CTRP may not due to the difficulty of coding an entirely new system within the Unreal engine.

Day of Thantos, Novel Project, and UCT2 I have my doubts just due to lack of progress.

The Movie Remix Soundtrack Project will also be finished; the remixers are just in the process of making all the music.

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chronologically Correct
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
Story
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 11:27:10 pm »
Many eras have passed since mankind was first born upon the world. Countless lives have been lost, saved, and ruined, and only a few heroes have been born. Among these heroes, are three teenagers, Crono, Nadia, and Lucca, who risked their lives to save the future of their world, even though they would never live to see it themselves. Although they saved so many people, was what they did really right? What happened to the people who WOULD have been born if time had not been altered? After thinking about it, they feared that one day someone may discover the truth and seek revenge on them. Now that they're older and have lives of their own, are they willing to lose everything because they did what they thought was right?
The year is 1,005 A.D. , and the day of Crono and Nadia's crowning has arrived. They are finally ready to rule the Kingdom of Guardia, but little do they know all hell is about to break loose. Our heroes discover that someone has been watching them, and altering time to get rid of them. As they attempt to rewrite history the way is was meant to be written, they are caught up in an endless struggle against this unknown enemy bent on erasing everything from existence. Who is this villian and what is their motive? In 2,000 A.D. , a young man named Xavier and his friend Matison, a famous pop star, Arlecia, who's finally trying to escape the life she's being forced to lead, and the current princess of Guardia,Celia, all become involved in the perilous journey when they discover time travel for themselves.

Meanwhile, in 2,300 A.D. ... Although it has been restored and the world remains filled with lush forests, sparkling lakes, and clean air, things are not as peaceful as they would appear. Lately, a mysterious band of magicians called the Techno Mages have been wreaking havoc looking for an ancient relic. Doctor Lutania Ashtear who works at Bio Dome is currently on the brink of creating a new form of life that is a cross between a human and nature. Just as she is about to realize her dream, she is sabatoged and stripped of her status because of a false accusation. What will become of her? Only time will tell...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 11:34:20 pm »
Got it; I'll update the stuff. About to release the demo.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 07:58:50 pm »
Gamefaqs votes:

CTRP - 1
CTSE - 1

Yeah, that's it. I'm not sure why this poll is so unpopular. Fan Projects are a good thing.

Arc Impulse

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://duelist.livejournal.com/
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 09:54:42 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Gamefaqs votes:

CTRP - 1
CTSE - 1

Yeah, that's it. I'm not sure why this poll is so unpopular. Fan Projects are a good thing.

My guess would be that, like me, they've all seen many of these projects come and go without ever being finished, so they don't get excited about them anymore.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 11:39:45 pm »
How long has it been since a new demo chapter has been released for the CT Novel?  It has to be at least, like, four months or something by now...I wonder if they've stopped...(If so, they should turn the project over to us!)

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2005, 01:40:51 am »
Personally, I look forward to all of these but if they don't come out, I'd shrug it off. I like fanfics, I like to read fanfics, and I even try to write my own. If they don't come out, it would kind of be a shame that such great works were cancelled unless for a good reason. If all of them or even some came out, then cool. I look forward to seeing them all come out and checking them out. Thus, I remain neutral in this vote.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 04:26:24 pm »
Quote from: Peaceman
How long has it been since a new demo chapter has been released for the CT Novel?  It has to be at least, like, four months or something by now...I wonder if they've stopped...(If so, they should turn the project over to us!)

There are no new chapters that get released, only updates to the already released 2 through 5. Wayne has definetly not stopped, I know how his progress is going but he wants to keep that under wraps so that there is no pressure on him for completion.

As for finishing the novel it will be done, it is just a matter of whether or not it will be picked up by SquareEnix. However unlikely that may be that is the case.

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2005, 04:31:36 am »
Estou muito contente para o jogo se chama "Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes" porque ser um jogo que tem muitas coisas que eu gosto muito.  Boa sorte a fazer!

For you non lusitanian (Portuguese) speaking people I said
I'm wicked content (excited) for the game called "Chrono Trigger:  Crimson Echoes"  because it seems like a game that would have alot of things i would like.  Good luck in the making!