Author Topic: Announcements and updates  (Read 434 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Announcements and updates
« on: June 30, 2008, 12:56:59 am »
Okay everyone. I know so far I've been all talk and no action, but hopefully when I get the surpplies working, I'll get to it. A few announcements though:

• Chrono Flux will be frozen for now. I hope to continue it someday and everything will be safely preserved til then. And, as I said before, the Chrono MMO is only a consideration, so it doesn't count.
  • The Chrono spinoff manga I will begin drafting tomorrow (Monday)
  • The custom Warcraft III campaign of Chrono will most likely be started once a few 3D character models have been made.
  • The reason Chrono Flux is on hold is because just now I stumbled upon the binutils and a development environment for making GBA, NDS, and PSP games in Free Pascal! I'll be researching a few projects for educational purposes and once I know where to start, I'm declaring that I will be initiating a Chrono Trigger remake for GBA! I'll be regularly putting the source code on backup and once it reaches a milestone, a SourceForge project page will be set up so that an SVN repository will be available to everyone
Chrono Trigger Advance will be Chrono Trigger rewritten from scratch. It will use the lovable SNES sprites with some additions, as well as a few new tracks. Here is what you can expect...
  • Replay the Chrono Trigger storyline just how it was on SNES (to the best of my recreational ability)
  • Handy new features like a beastiary, much like in the Final Fantasy 1-6 remakes for GBA
  • Beating the game once will unlock a new storyline: Schala's Diary. In her journey to find Serge again, it seems Schala has goofed up and now the events of Chrono Trigger have all screwed up. She must relive the game in place of Crono. Numerous playable characters will have swapped roles -- since when did Crono become the prince of Guardia? Where's Marle?!
Expect new dialogue for all characters and a hilarious twist to the game!
[/list]

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Announcements and updates
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 01:01:32 am »
Awesome. So free pascal is really that versatile? Darn, I really need to look into it. Python first for me though. Argh, haven't even clicked on the Python tutorials I was provided six months ago. Anyway, let us know how your free pascal experiences go.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 01:09:46 am »
OH MY GOD! There's already a few mini GBA games of CT out and with source code!

http://www.gbadev.org/demos.php?showinfo=624
http://www.gbadev.org/demos.php?showinfo=493

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 11:27:12 am »
If you can, Add the Beastiary as you said, also add a sound test, and also add Human Glenn in New Game+ =o

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 06:55:46 pm »
If you can, Add the Beastiary as you said, also add a sound test, and also add Human Glenn in New Game+ =o

Haha, easy, easy... I'm barely even getting the tutorials to compile.