Poll

What Squareseries, besides the Chrono Series, should get a remake/sequel?

Square's Tom Sawyer
Bahamut Lagoon
Live A Live
Super Mario RPG
Treasure of the Rudras
Vagrant Story
The Bouncer
Other

Author Topic: What Square series, besides the Chrono Series, should get a remake/sequel?  (Read 8340 times)

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
Re: What Square series, besides the Chrono Series, should get a remake/sequel?
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2009, 06:12:17 am »
Wow this thread is old, but I would like to see a new Bushido Blade.

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2009, 12:09:53 pm »
I would love to see a sequel to Super Mario RPG, it's one of my favorite games of all time.
Sadly I don't see Nintendo ever letting Square use Mario and there characters again.
We have a better chance of getting a new Chrono game then we do a sequel to Super Mario RPG.

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2009, 03:38:14 pm »
Part of me would like to see them actually do something --aside from the release of MptBQ on the Virtual Console -- with the Ogre Battle franchise since they snapped up the rights.

The much larger rest of me is glad that they're doing nothing, so they won't muck it up.

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Semper Fidelis, Usque Ad Mortem
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2009, 12:04:12 am »
Part of me would like to see them actually do something --aside from the release of MptBQ on the Virtual Console -- with the Ogre Battle franchise since they snapped up the rights.

The much larger rest of me is glad that they're doing nothing, so they won't muck it up.

Indeed, Ogre Battle! That's a great forgotten one.

I would like to see another in the same vein of Mario RPG, but not a sequel, I love that game to death and everytime I replay it I enjoy it a lot, but the story got wrapped up really nicely in the ending, so I can see no way a sequel could work without tarnishing that great game.

Maybe something in the same world but in another time or approach, like Chrono Cross was to Chrono Trigger. (Yes, I liked Cross as a sequel, is it really thathard to understand? o_o)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2009, 02:38:38 pm »
Wow this thread is old, but I would like to see a new Bushido Blade.

That game was the JAM!!!!  Ohhhh man a buddy and I tried to get through the castle or whatever that was...couldnt do it...but we always loved seeing how hemmed up we could get the opponent before the final blow.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2010, 11:49:21 pm »
Haven't there been like 4 or 5 other good Mario RPGs...? I liked the portable ones as much but haven't tried the Papers (but hear good things)...

ShoeMagus

• Guardian (+100)
  • "We are...the dreamers of Dreams."
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2010, 02:25:37 am »
Technically, this is Enix but the Seventh Saga. I loved being the Demon and looking for the runes. I never got super far in the game (it was awesomely hard), but I always enjoyed it anyway. I'd love to play it or a remake. Or sequel. Something!

HeadlessFritz

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Secret of mana deserves a sequel or a remake. I know they already made a bunch of mana games but they all flopped. Seiken Densetsu 3 is a game that I consider almost as great as CT and it's a shame only Japan can play it legally.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Importing is illegal? :P

But I agree...While Kingdom Hearts may or may not be a nice diversion in terms of action/adventure RPGs, they still needs to bring the Seiken Densetsu series back to its roots.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 04:59:19 pm by V_Translanka »

SuperAlan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
I desperatley want to see a sequal to "The World Ends With You". That game is possibly the best DS Rpg out there and I find myself craving more of it.

Mostly Harmless

• Iokan (+1)
  • Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now
    • View Profile
Not a Square series, though tied very closely to Chrono, and not on the list, but Baten Kaitos is an awesome game which needs a new addition.