Marbule Gallery - Completed Fan Creations > Retranslation of Chrono Trigger

Can't start the game

<< < (2/3) > >>

FaustWolf:
I made a Youtube video tutorial of how to make an unheadered ROM in Temporal Flux and apply the Prophet's Guile unheadered patch. It's extremely blurry though, but it might just be of some assistance. The Retranslation patch would be applied in the same way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zJ4_9I-QKw

If it's too blurry for you to tell what's going on, I'll provide descriptions of what's happening at specific times in the video and what you need to select. This will show you the basic flow of the process anyway.

EDIT: Is Lunar IPS something you need to have installed on your PC then, Tact? I totally forget.

Kuma-san:
I remove the header of the rom and applied the unheadered patch and IT WORKS!!!!!!

Thank you so much, now I can fully enjoy this wonderful game.

I hope a french translation will be made one day ^^.

FaustWolf:
Ah, good to know. Seeing the Compendium's work translated into foreign languages would be extremely sweet.

justin3009:
Is it technically illegal to host up roms for a retranslation?  It'd make it so much easier just to post a IPS patched rom for people.

Ramsus:

--- Quote from: justin3009 on July 02, 2008, 10:52:54 am ---Is it technically illegal to host up roms for a retranslation?  It'd make it so much easier just to post a IPS patched rom for people.

--- End quote ---

Yes, it's technically illegal, otherwise we'd have done it a long time ago.

It's not a gray-area issue either, but a clear-cut case of illegal, otherwise we'd have still said screw it and done it.

And then, it's not one of those clear-cut issues where nobody cares (like hosting all of the artwork and scripts), otherwise, we'd have maybe done it anyway.

Basically, the translated ROM would be a derived work distributed without permission from Square-Enix, and any time you illegally host games, music, or videos on US-based hosting services, chances are anyone reporting it will cause your site to be immediately taken down without notice.

So it's not a cease-and-desist letter we're avoiding (which I could care less about), but the more practical problem of actually being able to reach our audience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version