Author Topic: Crono Foreshadowing  (Read 11829 times)

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
Re: Crono Foreshadowing
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2008, 01:34:15 am »
"Lavos reigns atop death peak" could refer to the Lavos spawn, as, they could also be considered "Lavos"

How do we know there are only 3 or 4 lavoids, there could theoretically be one for every one of those fire jets lavos spews in the 1999 clip... My point is, Lavos could have been done degesting in 1999 and decided to leave, bursting from the ground launching little lavos-missiles (each of which presumably to wander around and grow until its big enough to make space jump) and leaves the planet.

Now, wouldn't that paint a portrait of a parasite, leaving hundreds of its own spawn in its wake?

Indeed. The point of the matter seems to solely rely on the fact that we have no idea whatsoever, how in hell did Lavos exactly 'created' his little mini-me's. There is however, in-game evidence that they are in fact just that: a parasites' spawn.
However, it is not entirely conclusive, I would say. And yes, there could be more than just 3 o 4 (if you count the one inside the Black Omen as a legit one). That would actually seem to be the case if they are indeed just mulitple replicas of the original 'version' of this so called 'planet parasite'. However, if they are instead some kind of offspring... I wouldn't think for there to actually be more.

Well there are the theories that Lavos actually IS Death Peak. Like underneath the snow and ice, Lavos rests. See I think it could be a viable explanation, judging by where on the continent he emerges in 1999, and by that amount of time with the cold, ruined atmosphere, tons of ash and dust could have settled on its shell.

I don't think so. Not according to any evidence the game provides us. Lavos emerges on the northern Zenan continent (according to the visual recording of the 'Day of Lavos' found at Arris Dome). Also, the game's sprites by mere comparison, are starkly different in size to even consider this as viable theory at all...

Well, for what my thought's worth, I don't think anybody would deny that Lavos is/was a parasite. Though you do have to wonder about whether it left the planet by 2300 AD or not. I can't remember exactly, but does Queen Zeal say anything about it to imply whether he's left or not in the Black Omen?

Well, I don't think it's a well established fact per se... yet. I think most of everyone's problem with doing that, is the fact that Belthasar was alleged to not be in complete use of his mind, by that point in the story. However, this is only said once in the entire game, and it was said by someone who would have every reason in the world to be jealous of the actual work that he was doing (the 'Wings of Time'), by means of it breaching the one field of study that was supposed to be his master of subjects. Yes, that's right (you guessed it), it is said by Gaspar at the End of Time.

Belthasar himself, however, does happen to mention the mere possibility of it happening in one of his letters. Which is were all this confusion about Lavos seems to be stemming from. Do keep in mind, that he did managed to get right every single little detail about Lavos' activities during his entire stay on the host planet of the story. If we are to take his word for it (which I personally don't see any reason not to do), than Lavos is indeed nothing more than a parasitic temporal entity with an appetite for genetic coding of the miscellaneous life-forms it can find.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 01:39:29 am by dankun »