Author Topic: What did you not do the first time you played through Trigger?  (Read 1989 times)

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
I didn't do Fiona's Forest, the Sun Stone quest, Rainbow Shell, or Northern Ruins. I did do Ozzie's Lair, and that was about it.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: What did you not do the first time you played through Trigger?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 01:42:15 am »
First time I rented Chrono Trigger, I didn't complete Spekkio's request to walk around the room. *insert facepalm here* Could've sworn there was something defective with the game at the time, then I actually looked at a real clock and noticed which way the second-hand was going...

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 01:54:31 am »
Don't feel bad. I was such a yung'un I had to ask my mom which way was clockwise.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 03:58:12 am »
I think the only thing I didn't do was get the Gold Rock...I didn't find out about that for a few years afterwards online somewheres...I mean, why would I go back up there? There's nothing there! V_V Everything else is alluded to at some point pretty much...

I guess one thing I could say is that I didn't fight Magus on North Cape...*shrugs*

Saying no gets you a Genji Glove instead of a smelly old Gauntlet! Er...wait, wrong game! >_>

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 08:15:46 am »
Saying no gets you a Genji Glove instead of a smelly old Gauntlet! Er...wait, wrong game! >_>

I do it every time.  I love me some Genji Glove... Too bad it's tough to get an Economizer, eh?!

The first time through Chrono Trigger I didn't get half of the Triple Tech Rocks.  Two of my childhood friends and I were all playing CT at the same time and begin to discover the Rocks.  We found the White, Blue, and Black Rocks easily and began to search high and low for other ones.  We assumed there was going to be a rainbow of Rocks: Yellow, Green, Purple, Green, etc.  And we kept making new games to Steal from the Blue Imps in Truce Canyon (they are only there the first time Crono appears in 600 AD); for some reason we were so sure that the Blue Imps had a Rock.

Gluttony

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 09:22:39 am »
Shit....the first time I went through Trigger, I didn't even revive Crono. Yeah, the game felt so much better when it ended with Crono.

I also didn't really do any of the side quests. But I pretty much did anything you could do in that game in the next, uh.......'x' number of new game plus'.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 12:22:55 pm »
Shit....the first time I went through Trigger, I didn't even revive Crono. Yeah, the game felt so much better when it ended with Crono.

I also didn't really do any of the side quests. But I pretty much did anything you could do in that game in the next, uh.......'x' number of new game plus'.

I've currently played through a cycling New Game + like 5 or 6 times now, and It's gotten to the point where I'm lucky to gain two levels on every play-through. ** is not an easy level to get to.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 09:40:00 pm »
You've gotta spam the Black Omen by going through it 3 times each New Game+...

The first time through I didn't defeat either the Golem or the Golem Boss (he ran away...V_V)...I didn't even know if it was possible to defeat the Golem Boss until my next playthrough...

Someone should hack more Rocks into it...I wanna see Marle, Frog & Magus do some wicked Ice Magic together...maybe like an Octagon Mist or something...:P

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 10:03:06 pm »
I didn't... uhh.... I think I beat Lavos right after finishing the first set of 65000000BC... all I remember was it was after getting the gate key back and I had Ayla and Frog in my party at the time... I jumped in the bucket.

Sooo.... I pretty much... didn't even really finish the game at all aside from killing lavos....

I'm not even sure now if I fought or even saw Magus my first time through...

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 10:48:24 pm »
Really, Satoh?  So you must've spent a lot of time leveling up...

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 11:00:10 pm »
For my first Trigger attempt I got only the Blue Rock (one of the reasons why Omega Flare is my most favorite triple tech), and did only two sidequests: Fiona's Forest, and the rainbow shell... I cant remember the reasons why i didn't pursue the other sidequests though...

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 11:10:54 pm »
I didn't know about the magus shrine in manoria cathedral for a really long time.

Jp

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 11:15:59 pm »
I didn't know about the magus shrine in manoria cathedral for a really long time.

Jp

But what did you do the whole while? toured the entire Northern continent in 600 AD while listening to its really great theme??

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 12:21:13 am »
I didn't do the Geno dome or Cyrus quest, I didn't find all of the rocks, I didn't use a single Triple Tech, and I didn't save Lucca's Mother's legs.

Satoh

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 12:37:52 am »
Really, Satoh?  So you must've spent a lot of time leveling up...

I was 10, I Gamegenie'd the hell out of it...