Author Topic: The Long-Term Goals  (Read 58551 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
The Long-Term Goals
« on: January 07, 2005, 12:43:49 am »
New List of Glorious Achievements

I'm making a new list to move beyond our grand success in establishing the Compendium and focus on the future. The two incomplete objectives from the old list shall appear in some form here. As you can see, the first three requirements are dependent on a translator. Though the CT script is being ably translated at the moment, we could still use help for #1 and #3. I'll make a big post soon (as of August 8th) on this subject.

1. Contact Masato Kato and ask for an interview or some kind of audience.
2. Release the translated script of Chrono Trigger upon its completion.
3. Find a reliable translator to complete works such as Missing Piece character details, Ultimania developer interviews, Dream Team interview in CT player's guide, etc. and establish rapport with Japanese Chrono community.
4. Enable fan projects wikis and forums on demand for fan project creators.
5. Finish Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes to serve as the new keystone of encouragement and enjoyment of Chrono series modification.
5. Form a group of fans to scour fan art and fanfiction communities to haul in high quality works for display.
6. Revise the charter to reflect current status and think of staff positions.

Current Compendium Projects

1. Chrono Trigger Retranslation
2. Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes
3. Chrono Series Music Archive (please volunteer if you own any Chrono OST; PM Zeality)
4. Chrono Compendium Encyclopedia Standardization
5. Repairing MediaWiki to Enable Search and Special Pages

Old Glorious Achievements

I'm doing this partly to dispel illusion and to make a new roster of long-term engagements, unlike the Chrono Scholars thread, which is out of date and deals with specific presentations. These goals constitute the future of the Chrono Compendium, and our objectives. In a rough order of importance:

(Keep in mind this is from a personal level; if you're in charge of certain projects please do not become offended by being listed under other things; I'm merely speaking from the Chrono Compendium as a website)

COMPLETE

1. Finish listing basic information in the Encyclopedia
2. Round out images and extra Encyclopedia features/organization (homogenize entries/music), create the Image Index
3. Finalize all current analysis:

3a. Go through every thread, summarize, present theories, and end discussion, culminating in the placement of information in the theory encyclopedia.
3b. Apply existing articles to theories, and update existing articles.
3c. Create new articles from all other available related material.
3d. Cross-examine with other sources.

4. Achieve a beautiful, nice layout and streamlined site design
7. Confirm that the Compendium is the new, unquestionable center of the Chrono fan community

INCOMPLETE

5. Scour the Chrono communities and archives for fanfiction, fanart, and other fanmade work that we can, with consent, add so that combined with Compendium member-works, we can construct the most diverse and rich repository of works ever seen, unlike the rough mosh pit of fanfiction.net
6. Retranslate Chrono Trigger and issue the SE Compendium-version ROM (this will really seal us in Chrono fandom eternally)

Tell me what I've missed. I'm doing this mainly so I can work with a clear head; lately CTCE has been depressing me as it is a huge undertaking, requiring the cooperation of several editors, but then again, we're also asking for ZEAL authors, editorialists, Encyclopedia editors, etc., etc., etc. So objectifying this can provide some kind of structure.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 11:25:01 pm by ZeaLitY »

CrAzY

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 12:47:00 am »
Good Luck on all your work!  :P

CuteLucca

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cutelucca.com
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 12:54:06 am »
You've got my help, if you need it.  Now that I know the level of the undertaking you're going for here, I'll be happy to provide all the scans I have in my Japanese guides or doujinshi-- I'll also help out with images, later on, for the redesigned look, if you like.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 01:55:56 am »
Once we get to #7 on the list (in order to acheive this, you basically need to do all the other ones), then we'll probably be the luckiest people on Earth, watching this website go from pretty good to the centre of the Chrono Universe... *sigh*

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 04:16:39 pm »
Thanks for aid and encouragement. I think I've hit every goal here.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 03:01:01 pm »
When do you think Project ZEAL will be completed?

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 04:44:05 pm »
Well, first we'll have to start Chapter 1... That should be pretty soon, though.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 06:45:54 pm »
Some awesome stuff here.  Admirable goals, to be sure.  Just got to finish a little Photoshop CS work for Spanish and some history, and then I'm going to work a little more on CE.

This stuff is gonna be sh-weet.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 06:55:00 pm »
Yeah, putting everything in perspective has done wonders for the vision of the site. But I just finished uploading like...50 images. My eyes hurt, but soon every accessory, weapon, key item, armor, and helmet in Chrono Trigger will have its concept art available, and in higher resolution than Chronoshock.com's pictures.

So the CuteLucca credit is displayed on over two hundred entries. Ha, how's that for advertising?

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 07:17:19 pm »
I can't tell you how much ass that kicks.

She probably can, though.

w00tage.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2005, 12:05:48 pm »
Wow, that is a comprehensive list. When they are all achieved that will be awesome. Well wishes from this guy right here.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2005, 07:27:40 pm »
Just noting that crap, things look like they'll still take some work. My goals might seem unrealistic, but I do want to achieve them. However, Crimson Echoes seems like it would be finished in a matter of years now if we held it off and only I principally worked on it. It's tough on me that a neat plot like that wouldn't be realized.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2005, 02:42:52 pm »
Speaking of Item images...I just realized, we're going to need some ripped in-game images (probably from the Status screen) of the (non-dart, unless you can get that from in-battle, but are they different? I guess the Cards would be...) Weapons (and the Hero Shield) from Chrono Cross...Who has CC on their comp?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2005, 03:51:30 pm »
Well, unless you have them on hand, images and other features can be held off until Step 2. Step 2 includes homogenizing the entire encyclopedia structure and finding every possible image for entries we can. We'll also create an image index.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2005, 04:47:19 pm »
I think I can extract the CC Key Items pictures from the discs, using PSX Multi-Converter. I had done it before but has deleted both the prog and the files now... I'll try to get them back when I get the time.

You can also extract all the game images and textures using this prog (that's how I noticed Crono was blue-eyed in CC), but it would make about 1000 unclassified pictures to inspect, so I guess it's not for me...