Author Topic: The Long-Term Goals  (Read 58685 times)

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2005, 11:47:07 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
Those pictures always confused me, because how could the orphans have seen Ayla or Robo? That would imply that there was some more time traveling by the group after Lavos bit the big one. Maybe a preempt for the third game??

There's actually a picture of Frog in there as well.  But it's somewha hidden behind the fire (notice the blank spots on the bottom of that guy's post.. that where it is.)

Speaking of which, there's gotta be a Pro Action Replay (gameshark, gamegenie, whatever) code to not display those flames and be able to take a more clear shot of frog's picture.  Can anyone do this?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2006, 12:46:42 am »
Updated analysis breakdown.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2006, 02:40:49 pm »
Chrono Break indeed.

Lucca: Now remember kids. This is the Primordial Ooze where all life originates. DON'T touch it.

Kid: Kay. *Hacks a loogie in it*

Or even worse....

Lucca: Hey kids! Wanna see some dinosaurs?

*Lavos. Nuff said.*

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Re: The Long-Term Goals
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2006, 07:23:37 pm »
Added a project list.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2006, 02:40:35 am »
programmer ending
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 01:01:59 am by ZeaLitY »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2007, 09:12:44 pm »
Update to let you know that I have found lossless archives of the Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross OSTs for perfect archiving on the Compendium's server. I also have the Brink of Time. However, I still need copies of the two PSX OSTs. If you own either one, contact me.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2007, 12:49:33 am »
Just dropping hints for no good reason, but anyhow, I'm going to collect what was finished with Project ZEAL (along with the character biographies / world explanations / other materials) and present them as a grand feature. It may even spark interest in the project, though I doubt it could be continued; many of the original writers are gone and their characters abandoned. But finally, the huge prologue detailing the new heroes' of the Keystone Dimension battle against the havoc-wreaking agents of ZEAL who've crossed the dimensional veil will be available to read. If it sounds interesting and engaging, that's because it is. And for those totally out of the loop, Project ZEAL was a collaborative fan fiction project held in late 2004. It died when Symmetry left.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2007, 11:42:54 pm »
Well, here we are at the site, and...

Jeez, we need a new Chrono game.

1.  Contact Masato Kato and ask for an interview or some kind of audience.

If Honne gives us a response...

2. Find a reliable translator to complete works such as Missing Piece character details, Ultimania developer interviews, Dream Team interview in CT player's guide, etc. and establish rapport with Japanese Chrono community.

Sort of in progress, I guess...

3. Enable fan projects wikis and forums on demand for fan project creators.

Been a long time since we've had a new fan project...

4. Finish Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes to serve as the new keystone of encouragement and enjoyment of Chrono series modification.

Beset by problems (no, not personnel problems; I'm not blaming anyone, considering I sort of shied away myself).

5. Form a group of fans to scour fan art and fanfiction communities to haul in high quality works for display.

Eh, darn.

6. Complete Chrono Compendium Music Archive.

Waiting on a Hopeful Weeds lossless rip, which will probably never materialize.

So what the hell do we do now?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2008, 12:07:24 am »
Just dropping hints for no good reason, but anyhow, I'm going to collect what was finished with Project ZEAL (along with the character biographies / world explanations / other materials) and present them as a grand feature. It may even spark interest in the project, though I doubt it could be continued; many of the original writers are gone and their characters abandoned. But finally, the huge prologue detailing the new heroes' of the Keystone Dimension battle against the havoc-wreaking agents of ZEAL who've crossed the dimensional veil will be available to read. If it sounds interesting and engaging, that's because it is. And for those totally out of the loop, Project ZEAL was a collaborative fan fiction project held in late 2004. It died when Symmetry left.

Dang it...there's always some thread I always forget to check for like months & months...and apparently, in this case, years (or, a year anyways)...Did this feature ever happen (maybe it did & I just don't remember)? You'd think w/the people interested in an RP forum that a new community-based fanfic would be right up their alley, right?

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2008, 12:17:31 am »
V, I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, but the RP Forum and the Compendium-fic (Which I have just revived. I'll have the first full chapter up soon), are both of my creation, so you've got me interested.

Or I could have utterly read your post the wrong way. Who knows.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2008, 12:48:00 am »
No, I guess I just worded it wrong, actually (maybe because I was referencing the RP forum)...I guess I didn't mean community-based fanfic, but community-wide fanfic, which is really what Project ZEAL was. Basically a large-scale collaboration fanfic.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2008, 02:04:38 am »
Chrono Communities are sometimes visited by Chrono Trigger fanboys. Fanboys are identifiable in two ways: a) they attempt to legitimately levy ridiculous criticisms of Chrono Cross with vitriol (such as the usual complaint that "Crono wasn't in it, therefore it objectively sucks"), and b) they harbor feelings of extreme bitterness towards Square Enix without a clear understanding of how the business world works or accurate history (such as the fans who threatened to "sue Square Enix" in curseword-ridden capital letters after Chrono Trigger Resurrection received a cease and desist order). Baseless criticisms of Cross should be dealt with by bringing up Cross's hugely positive critical reviews, 1.5 million sales, and fan popularity, and / or by posting the feature Chrono Cross: The Good, the Bad, and the Fans  or "WRONG.png" .

HAHAHAHAHA didn't know that was a rule, not just a habit.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2008, 02:31:20 am »

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2008, 05:17:16 am »
Ha, I remember shortly after or during the death of Project ZEAL, I actually ended up changing Hunter's appearance because when I started drawing him I realized it looked stupid with long hair (it ended up being a shorter, spikey sort of Crono tribute). I actually still sort of draw him & Amy...damn, I should just do a fanfic of them sometime, I guess...I'm just not sure how to interact them w/the Chrono world any more...