Author Topic: Big bang Alteration Theory (nothing to do with Chrono Series)  (Read 2700 times)

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Big bang Alteration Theory (nothing to do with Chrono Series)
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2008, 08:20:46 pm »
What are you getting at?
:| I was saying the fundamental conditions between realities can be so greatly diverse, and if there were differences between ours and theirs, our existences, if we so chose to 'cross', would become unstable.

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2008, 08:29:11 pm »
Okay, I see your point now. I guess... I have to agree with you on this one. :/ Congrats.

whatthebleepady

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm red
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2008, 04:19:56 am »
ok, the problem with all this theorizing you guys are doing is that your using the rules of classical physics to describe phenomenon of an "object", if you will, in which classical physics does not apply. For instance, superposition. If there is a universe with a certain placement of molecules and another universe with the same molecules in a different placement, a universe also exists with the molecules in both places at the same time. so, this means that there is also the possibility of one space being occupied by two or more molecules. SOOO, if someone were to trael back in time to the moments where the universe was but a singularity(but NOT a blackhole, something that can ONLY exist if time exists outside of the singularity), this person would be forced into the only place that time exists, the same space as the singularity, and in time the particles of the person would be forced to be of another, universe, of the start of many universes, and the negative direction of the density of the first universe would cause the particle to become unstable(something that increasing the density, strangely, does not do...) and you have a "big bang".  :) So, in the end, you'll really have changed nothing.

Of course there's more to superposition and quantum physics than that(which I severally simplified) but theres really no reason to get into wave functions, now is there?  :P

Oh yeah, and you would not be broken down to radiation in this other universe, also thanks to superposition, because the universe would then simply have the same particles in two different places at the same time. And do keep in mind, this phenomenon has been observed many times in our own universe....

EDIT: Bump :p

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2008, 10:26:50 am »
Whatthebleepady, I was thinking the same thing recently. This thread died out ages ago...

But yes, I definitely agree with you. It's impossible for other reasons as well... For example, If everything outside that one speck "doesn't exist" the time traveler would cease to exist, no?

AND WELCOME TO THE COMPENDIUM.

whatthebleepady

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm red
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2008, 12:09:23 am »
Yeah, sorry about the bump, I found this topic in the time siencey section of the chrono disscutions, and hadn't realized it was a month old till I had already posted it. And since I had spent the time writing the post, I decided I might as well leave it.

And thanks for the welcome :)

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2008, 05:21:04 pm »
As impressive and 'sciencey' as you tried to make your post sound, it seems to rely on the assumption that one can, without having ever observed it before and thus without scientific evidence, predict what would always happen when 'matter' from any given universe enters another. I don't see how logic could support that either.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2008, 05:58:37 pm »
As impressive and 'sciencey' as you tried to make your post sound, it seems to rely on the assumption that one can, without having ever observed it before and thus without scientific evidence, predict what would always happen when 'matter' from any given universe enters another. I don't see how logic could support that either.

If you read the post, I said it was impossible. (which makes me wonder why I started this thread in the first place)... You don't have to be a jerk about this, either. Don't act all high and mighty just because I'm incorrect. This thread died a month ago because I knew I was wrong in every aspect. I appreciate your input, but you're just kicking a dead horse.

whatthebleepady

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm red
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2008, 04:56:06 am »

I can see how your confused by this. The problem is that matter is NOT entering the given universe. It already exists. the only thing "entering" the universe is the arrangment of particles, which does not cause a density shift in the given universe, since arranging something in different ways does not change it's mass.

EDIT: And yes, we HAVE observed this in our very own universe, as I stated in my first post. It's called Superposition, and it is the basis of quantum physics. If you want proof, look at the recent breakthroughs in quantum computing. Entanglment is what you want.

OBSERVING = SCIENTIFIC PROOF
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 05:12:01 am by whatthebleepady »

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2008, 10:07:37 am »
If you read the post, I said it was impossible. (which makes me wonder why I started this thread in the first place)... You don't have to be a jerk about this, either. Don't act all high and mighty just because I'm incorrect. This thread died a month ago because I knew I was wrong in every aspect. I appreciate your input, but you're just kicking a dead horse.

My apologies...not for my post, but for being ambiguous as to its target: whatthebleepady.

To them, I admit that I didn't read their message carefully enough. Touché.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 10:11:48 am by MsBlack »

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2008, 03:52:36 pm »

My apologies...not for my post, but for being ambiguous as to its target: whatthebleepady.

To them, I admit that I didn't read their message carefully enough. Touché.

Oh. In that case, I apologize. My mistake.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2008, 12:02:44 am »
whatthebleepady, sorry for not answering in a timely manner as I was preparing for the upcoming contest.
Alright...

1)You set up a strawman, BTW :wink:;Superposition assumes a common domain(i.e. a shared beginning, conditions, and initial density) between universes. So, in essence, you're right if say Universe A and Universe B belong to a Domain X. However, if only Universe A belongs to Domain X and Universe B belongs to a Domain Y then there will be 'foreign' density introduced.

2) Starting conditions are critical─my main point of my posts─and(I'm going to pull an analogous example rather than a literal one) as such if there is a universe that 'allows' an upside down house of card and that house 'crosses' into a dimension where such a thing is impossible that object would break-down into it's simplest components. Now, take this and apply it to the syntax of a theoretical subatomic structure, say, a pleeberon. If Dimension A has two dimensions of space and two of time(a provision of Special Relativity) and the pleeberon is 'stable' and the particle moves to Dimension B(our universe)─three of space, one of time─that particle would obviously become 'unstable' and break down into radiation, no?

3)
Quote from: whatthebleepady
OBSERVING = SCIENTIFIC PROOF
No, validating observation=scientific proof.

4)a side note: while I agree with QT, it is just that, a 'theory':
Quote from: Babylon English Dictionary
theory
n. coherent group of general assumptions, body of principles belonging to a certain subject; speculation, hypothesis
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 01:39:52 am by BROJ »

whatthebleepady

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm red
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2008, 02:09:59 am »
Ahh, I hadn't considered origin as a factor in changing existence....

But I still disagree about the radiation. In theory, if the origin is different, causing a different ratio of time::demension, wouldn't an Einstein-Rosenberg bridge between the two dimensions be impossible?

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2008, 02:25:17 am »
But I still disagree about the radiation. In theory, if the origin is different, causing a different ratio of time::demension, wouldn't an Einstein-Rosenberg bridge between the two dimensions be impossible?
Not necessarily, seeing as dimensions of time and dimensions of space are interchangeable according to Einstein. Here's a quick digest I found related to the discussion at hand: http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2008/01/scientist-says.html

whatthebleepady

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm red
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2008, 03:11:31 am »
Interesting. I never thought that time could be slowing down... That also would aid the existence of black holes.
Cool. Alright, I see now how that would work. And, to further that, would it be possible that matter crossing through the bridge with a largely different origin could cause the existence as things like quantum particles? I mean, I know there are other reasons they occur, but could this happen? If the matter became unstable, it may just collapse into a single particle, to our dimensional standards, random, but to a dimension with other physics, it may just be how things work.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2008, 11:41:53 pm »
I'd imagine the incompatible packet of 'particle' would break down into dimensionless energy(i.e. radiation) which likely would eventually coalesce into new particles.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 04:23:39 am by BROJ »