Author Topic: Well, uh..  (Read 1545 times)

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Well, uh..
« on: June 15, 2008, 02:36:21 pm »
I've been here a while. Like a LONG while, but never properly introduced myself.

I'm Bruce. And I received an original SNES copy of Chrono Trigger on October 5, 1995. Two full weeks post American release, and my mom and dad paid like $90 for it.

I also received Chrono Cross, with the BradyGames guide the year it came out.

That's what got me here! And the tons of research here kept me.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Well, uh..
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 02:59:56 pm »
Holy schnikies, $90 just two weeks after the American release?  :shock:  You're extremely fortunate that your parents shelled out so much for the Chrono goodness, but it was a worthwhile investment in your upbringing.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 03:07:22 pm »
I just shelled out $115 buck for an unopened copy, still in the box, which was still wrapped in plastic. Sad thing is, I now have 2 chrono trigger game packs and I don't know what to do with the one I don't need. I think i'll give it to charity...

But, since you've never introduced yourself, welcome to the compendium xD

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 04:11:57 pm »
I just shelled out $115 buck for an unopened copy, still in the box, which was still wrapped in plastic. Sad thing is, I now have 2 chrono trigger game packs and I don't know what to do with the one I don't need. I think i'll give it to charity...

Would you be willing to consider selling it? Of course, I mean we would have to specify all the details and whatnot... but, anyway, I thought you said previously on another thread that the one you bought had cost you only $15? Or is this the one that you no longer need and therefore don't know what to do with it? If so, I would have to know in what conditions it actually is and what the appropiate price for it would be or somehthing.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 04:16:14 pm by dankun »

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
  • "Reality is irrelevant; Perception is everything."
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 04:13:54 pm »
I am also interested in buying a great-to-new condition SNES Chrono Trigger.

Welcome to the forums, not-so-newcomer!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 04:14:12 pm »
Well, you're an original, so enjoy the seniority!

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 04:24:55 pm »
Dankun and d3viant, I really don't think selling it long distance would be a good idea; I don't have a paypal or a bank account of my own, and sending money through the mail. Also, one of my younger relative's birthdays is coming up, and he's played Cross and has an SNES. He also loves Dragon Ball, so this would be an amazing gift for him in my opinion...

Then again, I could use the money, but I doubt you guys are going to go over $15 knowing that that's how much I bought it for. Sorry.

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 04:43:46 pm »
Dankun and d3viant, I really don't think selling it long distance would be a good idea; I don't have a paypal or a bank account of my own, and sending money through the mail. Also, one of my younger relative's birthdays is coming up, and he's played Cross and has an SNES. He also loves Dragon Ball, so this would be an amazing gift for him in my opinion...

That really is too bad. I don't think, however, that you have to have a professional paypal account to recieve any money (with a bank account associated); I think you only need one with a bank account to actually send money, but I could be wrong on that. I was willing to go as high as $40 dollars, but I guess it's better this way, since I don't know what the actual condition of the game.
Lucky 'cousin' or whatever it is... if you do end up 'giving' it to him. Whatever... I guess it really is too much money for it, I mean, because I actually know what you ended up paying for it. I just wish I was as lucky as you were and find one at that price.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 05:22:52 pm »
Trust me, I was so thankful to the people I bought it from. It was a lovely old couple who were shelling out their Son's unwanted belongings, and I couldn't have been luckier that day.

God bless senior citizens and their lack of video game knowledge.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 12:09:30 am »
i bought my copy of CT from a giant eagle grocery store for $5.00.  and this was summer of 1996.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 09:25:08 am »
I always thought that the Price for Chrono Trigger was somewhat inflated, though. I'm sure it's not super rare, like there's less than 100 cartridges in the US. It shouldn't cost more than $10.00 I think.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 11:26:01 pm »
It's not rare in the sense that there were a limited number of copies printed, it's just rare in the sense that not many people are willing to give up the game & sell it so there aren't many actually on the market.

Oh, and welcome...!

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 12:21:08 am »
it's just rare in the sense that not many people are willing to give up the game & sell it so there aren't many actually on the market.

But with so many acid-tripping Xbox gangster-posers who can't go 5 seconds without killing something? Inconcievable!

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 06:49:06 pm »
It's not rare in the sense that there were a limited number of copies printed, it's just rare in the sense that not many people are willing to give up the game & sell it so there aren't many actually on the market.

Oh, and welcome...!

The same is true with a lot of SNES games. Like Final Fantasy II (IV). I have a copy, out of the box with the original instruction booklet. That goes for about $55. But the game itself isn't rare. I see a lot of them at my friends' houses and such. Such is the fate of a lot of these games. This is the basic principle of collectibility.