Author Topic: CC Weapon Pack Structure  (Read 7877 times)

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
Re: CC Weapon Pack Structure
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2008, 07:14:03 pm »
I can't be positive, but I doubt it's animation data...the reason being, more than 4 characters' glove data is exactly the same with not even a single different byte. However the transparent weapon idea had occured to me... unfortunitely I don't know how to check for it at all...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2008, 08:38:36 pm »
Yeah, I'm going to take a look at all this with you guys soon. The weapon trail code may be a real boon.

Could 3006ebc9 be a RAM address? If we do a "breakpoint on write" in pSX and specify 3006EBC9 as the targeted address (IIRC, the RAM address may start with an 8 instead of a 3), the game will freeze when it loads the weapon trail data if this works like I'm expecting. I'm not sure whether to check user memory for the weapon trail value at that point or what though.

Gemini, if you're reading this, you're invited to suggest how we should proceed. 

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2008, 12:08:14 am »
I don't know is this is the richt place to post this but I remember when you first use Lynx Is possible to do the DashAndSlash with it. So that means that Normal serge maybe can do it to.
Using gameshark codes I was able to put Lynx with Serges body Doing all tech perfectly and there was a trail modifier in that page too but It only cahnged the initiate.

I found this on CodeBreaker Page...

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2008, 12:10:01 am »
You can give anyone any skill and any wepaon trail.

MDenham

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Glowsticks are not a weapon.
    • View Profile
    • Java IRC - konata.echoes-online.com
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2008, 05:03:09 am »
Yeah, I'm going to take a look at all this with you guys soon. The weapon trail code may be a real boon.

Could 3006ebc9 be a RAM address? If we do a "breakpoint on write" in pSX and specify 3006EBC9 as the targeted address (IIRC, the RAM address may start with an 8 instead of a 3), the game will freeze when it loads the weapon trail data if this works like I'm expecting. I'm not sure whether to check user memory for the weapon trail value at that point or what though.

Gemini, if you're reading this, you're invited to suggest how we should proceed. 
I will say that the PSX only uses the lower 24 bits of the address there usually (the first byte is just a command type - 30 is "8-bit constant write" according to the PEC documentation, so it simply means "keep a given byte at this value").

So you just need to look at 06EBC9, which is in RAM (for most systems, ROM is aligned so that it ends at the last byte of memory; this was true for PCs up until 640k wasn't enough for everyone anymore... :D).

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2008, 11:59:29 am »
If we can't find the weapon trails otherwise, I'll try doing a breakpoint-on-write with that value targeted and see what happens. Thanks!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2008, 12:47:17 am »
I've got an initial encyc entry on the Weapon Pack structure finally up. Nothing new to you guys in this entry by now. I'm going to have to spend some quality time with the weapon models; they are surprisingly different from the character battle model structure. I'm hoping that it's something as simple as a single "Construct" with a different header and pointer thrown in. I need to get some stuff out of the way for CC:DBT and then I'll jump back into this.

It's really interesting that the texturing for Dario got screwed up the way it did in justin3009's experiments. Are there separate codes for the character texture, model data, and weapon pack? If so, there's a slight chance that we could get a fully-working Dario and - gasp! - Dark Serge via Gameshark. I'd never seen a functional Dario outside of the Sprigg Doppelgang Mod code...

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2008, 07:11:24 pm »
It was an image modification code to change anyone to I think any monster...or at least the one Sprigg has.  I'm not really sure.  There were alot of monsters that caused crashing.  Probably either not used or way to big.