Author Topic: CC Weapon Pack Structure  (Read 7738 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: CC Weapon Pack Structure
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 01:44:20 am »
Good news, Satoh! Your theory that weapon trails may be a function of the character model and NOT the weapon pack as I originally suspected has now been vindicated on two fronts. For one thing, I ran a comparison of Fargo's sword pack to Turnip's sword pack in Cygnus, and turns out they are identical. Turnip should have a green weapon trail whereas Fargo should have a blue weapon trail owing to their differing elemental affinities. I imagine at least a byte or two should have been different.

Secondly, I gave Glenn's weapon pack to Leena, and ran the Warrior Princess test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MmLRYCH15g

She's got blue trails still, and I'm relatively certain that I didn't mess up and give her Fargo's swords or anything.

Thus, it would appear that weapon trails are a function of the character model itself as Satoh suggested earlier in this thread. The VDDM and Section 3 are possibilities. There's also an unknown Section 5 in the character models that follows the animations.

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 09:59:22 am »
Awesome! I had expected the animation data for certain weapons to be stored in packs, causing the weapon and character models to move separately, but it seems the weapons work solely on the preexisting bones of the character... That's good news! Also the weapon trails, appears I may have been right for once! Wootness.

I suppose the logical step would be to search the character models for data resembling a hex color definition... theoretically it would be in the same basic spot in the VDDM or sector 5 slums...(XD) for most characters...

I assumed it was in the character model due to te fact that the trails typicaly emulate the character's innate element color. Serge's is white, Glenn's is green(I think), etc.

Run a comparison between Glenn(2sword) and Viper, and likewise Viper and Fargo.

That way we can figure out whether the second Einlanzer, Viper's Glory(name?), and standard sword packs, are all in every pack, or only in the ones for character's that they are specific to.

If they end up in all sword packs, then there must be a pointer in the weapon "model data" sections, or a compressed LZSS somewhere. There's a good chance that if character specific weapons appear in every character's pack, and there is a pointer somewhere in the pack structure to define who can use the weapon, the stats will also be there...

So far though, no luck finding stats.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 11:11:06 am »
For some reason after seeing this, I want to work on that code of Chrono Cross that made Serge-Lynx into his form with the scythe.  They used gameshark codes to actually change the weapon and the trail...Maybe I can mess with that and find out some stuff?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 01:52:30 pm »
Interesting justin! If you find that code for changing the weapon trail color, let us know what the values for the various colors are. We can search for those values in the game data, perhaps. If we can figure out how a GameShark code works exactly (I think they work through RAM, maybe?) we might be able to use a debugger to trace the weapon trails back to their source, or something.

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2008, 02:25:05 pm »
Interesting justin! If you find that code for changing the weapon trail color, let us know what the values for the various colors are. We can search for those values in the game data, perhaps. If we can figure out how a GameShark code works exactly (I think they work through RAM, maybe?) we might be able to use a debugger to trace the weapon trails back to their source, or something.

thats a valid assumtion, I believe you are correct.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2008, 02:49:39 pm »
I'll get to work on this after I'm finished messing with the 6th letter in CT.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2008, 03:30:39 pm »
Interesting.  (I think this replaces the character in the status screen)

Chrono Cross Serge-Lynx with Scythe
3006EBF5 0031 - Status Screen/Field Image Modification
D006EBC0 0001 - (Altering this value completely changes him back to whoever)
300DB0A5 0033 - Battle Field Image Modification
8006EC32 0099 - Element Level 1 Modification
8006EC4C 0097 - Element Level 2 Modification
8006EC5C 0098 - Element Level 3 Modification
3006ebc9 0010 - Weapon Trail Modification

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 05:13:54 pm by justin3009 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2008, 03:32:49 pm »
Are one of those codes responsible for weapon-trail definition, justin? Glenn with two swallows is just too cool to handle!

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2008, 03:35:42 pm »
Checking that out right now.

Edit: Nope...No Weapon trails.  You sure they're built in with the character?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 03:40:19 pm by justin3009 »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2008, 03:47:10 pm »
Double Post again...interesting.  It's lynx as Guile.  It definately has Guile's attack value and everything.  Even when he does Strongest Attack, it shoots out 3 bolts...very interesting.

3rd image: Weapon trail is red...But it's set to kid and has her daggers equipped.  I need to find an equipment modification code for Lynx to truly test it out.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 03:54:36 pm by justin3009 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2008, 03:55:25 pm »
3006EBF5 might be a memory address for battle character models. What happens if you do the value 0x33? It might give you a Beach Bum, but it might freeze instead.

When you have Glenn with the two swallows, what color is the weapon trail, justin?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2008, 03:56:19 pm »
They were black.  But Glenn's sword was also black...I need to give them different weapons to test.  Setting the Code to 33 makes it Serge again...but the game freezes on map.  It's really weird

AH HA!
3006EBF5 0031  (3006EBF5 0032 - Glenn) - This is the Status Data and the Field Image Data.  Changing this will alter what character appears in the status screen and what image is placed on the field!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 03:59:49 pm by justin3009 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2008, 04:00:58 pm »
Hmm, interesting. What code do you have to put in to get a Glenn character model with swallow weapons? That would indicate that there's separate memory addresses for weapon packs and character models or something.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2008, 04:03:33 pm »
He actually keeps his swords.  They're just dyed black.

300DB0A5 0033 (Altering this value completely changes him back to whoever), changed to 32 and it's glenn? O_o - This is the battle field model.  So 33 is SergeLynx...intersting

Edit: Take a look at Guile's and Lynx's weapons.  One's black, one's Brassish.  It is the weapon data that holds the trails.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 04:07:11 pm by justin3009 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2008, 04:11:30 pm »
Fascinating. What I'll do for my next test is give Serge Kid's weapon pack and see what happens.

I ran a comparison on Serge's swallows and Lynx's swallows in Cygnus, and sure enough they're the same. The color has to be defined outside of the weapon packs, so it's weird that the gameshark codes are producing these effects...

Try a value of 0x34 for the character model and see what happens. I was wrong about earlier; it should actually produce Radius if it doesn't freeze. I thought Glenn-2 swords was last of the player models, but Serge/Lynx with scythe is the last.