Author Topic: Taking Roll. Please Reply.  (Read 24359 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Taking Roll. Please Reply.
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005, 09:26:34 am »
One of my ambitions has been to set characters and the world of ZEAL up on Wiki pages for easier navigation. They would not be linked on the Main Page, which would keep general traffic away. My ZeaLitY_To_Do_List entry has hardly seen any traffic, and it has been up for awhile.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2005, 05:12:37 pm »
I've haven't been present on the site much, or for that matter, online anywhere over the past week or so. I've had a number of other things to deal with, and I've been a little burnt-out on the whole, so I'm taking a wee bit of a hiatus for maybe another week.

I think the next scene that we need posted is ZeaLitY's Gaspar post and revelation of what all is at stake. When that's up Atrius, ZeaLitY, and I have scenes that are all-but ready to be submitted.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2005, 05:16:53 pm »
I've never understood that expression, even though I've used it. "Anything but ready" means they weren't ready, yet "all but ready" means they are? I've been puzzled by this since childhood.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 10:57:33 pm »
Does it help to think of it as "everything but ready"?

Makes sense to me. X is pretty much complete, save a few minor loose ends. It's "all there", but just shy of being ready to present.

: )

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2005, 01:28:38 pm »
Alright, I guess I'll hold off, then. Just don't make me wait too long.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2005, 01:07:41 am »
I've begun. http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/PZ

This will hopefully assist authors to a great degree by allowing quick referencing of information that otherwise might take digging or just be considered arbitrary. I'm starting with the World right now.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2005, 12:58:33 pm »
Alright, I've added my characters into the list. I'd like to recommend the following outline format I used, for quick reference of stats:

Full Name: (If relevent)
Race: (Human, Demihuman, Mystic, ZEALian, etc.)
Elemental Proficiency: (Use CC format if they've been hanging out in El Nido and using elements; otherwise, use CT format)
Combat Strength: (Tier according to the chart. Most will be Tier 2, Keystonian Heros/Heroines. Weaker ones, like Sigma, will be Tier 1, Keystonian Citizens. The strongest, like Backer and Serian, will be Tier 3, Keystonian Legendary Heros/Heroines.)

Jasson Knight

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lunaescence.com/
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2005, 01:47:23 pm »
I'm here and working as fast as I can to have a character ready.  Just been a touch busy, sorry

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2005, 03:12:43 pm »
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/PZ_World should be done, except for stuff that we will add as we go along the story.

I completely forgot about something that needs to be done before we launch into the Story -- the scene in which Toma finds the Rainbow Shell thanks to Nanashi clearing the way in the Giant's Claw. Ybrik Metaknight originally wanted to do this; he's been leaning towards returning to his former presence here, so I'll ask if he wants to try his hand at it.

Edit: I also completely forgot that CTF might have wanted to do this, as Garg's involvement in this story arises from Toma's alleged "stealing" the shell from him.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2005, 04:59:14 pm »
I just added Amy...and Kaeru, whom I had to create a new heading for as he's not from either Keystone or ZEAL...So, do we want like, every character on that? I just added my major characters (I saw someone already copy & pasted my Hunter for me), leaving out characters that won't eventually stick around for very long (all of my other Magness characters)...But as some of those characters (Gil & Flea at least) play quasi-large roles early on, perhaps I should add them all? Or just Gil & Flea perhaps?

Which characters should be included in this list? Or should it be all-composing?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2005, 05:06:07 pm »
The litmus test for adding a character is, "Is someone else going to author this if I have to leave." Since those guys are on the way out, I'd say nah, but as Glenn will appear regularly as a hero, sure.

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2005, 08:13:36 pm »
I don't know if I can commit myself to writing any scene for this. I'm still very busy most of the time, and have several fanfics of my own to finish. If anyone else wants to write the Toma scene, go for it. One of my biggest problems is that I'd have to go through this entire Project Zeal forum to know what's going on with the larger story so that I could write the scene so that it fits in with everything. If someone wants to fill me in, I could maybe have time to write a brief scene, but at this point I can't do anything major.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2005, 09:16:11 pm »
Just looked over the Wiki transfer and I think it works nicely. I'm not sure how to edit it as I've never done it myself, but if I searched around for a few minutes I think I could figure it out. I'll try and add the "stats" early this week.

I think if the character serves any major role whatsoever, they should be added to the Wiki. Remember when we talked about writing a "readers manual" for the Project? If we do a complete job here, we'll have most of that ready when the time comes to release it.

Hmm. I suspect that the Toma scene would be handled well by CTF, since he can tie that into Garg's storyline more easily (if he needs to any further) if he was writing it.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2005, 09:22:48 pm »
Argus has been added to the character sheet.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2005, 11:52:32 pm »
Symmetry: I recently filled in the "Editing Help" page in the Encyclopedia. It contains all the code you'll need. To get to it, just click the "Editing Help" link when editing a page.

About the Toma subplot: If CTF wants to write it, that's fine with me. I just want to make sure he makes at least a brief mention of Sigma.

On that note, once we have all the posts for the first thread done, we might want to consider reordering it for effect, spreading out posts covering the same character so they're not all clustered at the beginning or end.