Author Topic: Taking Roll. Please Reply.  (Read 24475 times)

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Taking Roll. Please Reply.
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2005, 12:33:30 pm »
Good idea.

It might be worth holding off on presenting the project so far for a little while longer, as we may have several new recruits joining in the very near future. That would allow us to insert their introductions along with everyone else's.

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2005, 07:10:32 pm »
As long as everyone tells me anything that needs to be considered when writing the scene (i.e. whatever the deal with Sigma is, I haven't been keeping up with that very well) so I don't overlook anything, I can probably write the Toma scene. But if we're going to re-order things, then I'll probably want to write a couple more scenes that would also be placed early on along with it. I figure at first glance that I'll be writing the Toma scene from ZEAL's point of view, have a brief mention of them observing the original timeline, and then go through the whole interference. Any problems or suggestions, let me know. I've got exams all this week--early dismissal--and therefore plenty of time to work on it.

Also, while I'm fairly sure Garg is at no point going to be involved in any key skirmish--especially against anyway of magic ability--and stand his ground for two seconds, I don't think he should be considered "weak." Unless, of course, Tier One includes Toma, in which case I would be fine with labelling Garg in the same manner. Comments?

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2005, 07:14:30 pm »
Just read Sigma's bio for a summary of what happened to her. Feel free to elaborate as you wish.

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2005, 07:26:40 pm »
Ah, well that's not too much, then. I'll get to work. Elaboration considered.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2005, 03:44:21 pm »
Dot
Dot
Freaking Dot

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2005, 04:03:56 pm »
Waiting on Symmetry. He disappeared.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2005, 07:54:30 pm »
Sorry, everyone.

I've had a complete creative meltdown as of late. This semester has been absolutely hell.

It would definately be a shame if all of this went to waste, though. Is anyone else still interested, or has the time for this project come and gone?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2005, 08:36:12 pm »
Hah, you mention failure and lack of interest in the halls of the Compendium! Barring Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes, the opposite is the case. Just like the old roll calls, we can rouse people up if we wish, and once the new site is unleashed, our popularity can only increase and bring in new authors. It's always there.

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2005, 12:23:11 am »
I for one am still interested, and will be here to help.

Actually, I'm currently working on a walkthrough of ZEAL palace, which should be helpful.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2005, 12:30:54 am »
Ready and waiting. I don't want this project to die.

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2005, 04:35:36 pm »
Oh... f**k.

Reaffirm some things for my Toma post(s):

The temporal experiments are being undertaken at the Centre by the elite of the School of Temporal Magic, overseen by the Council, correct?

How would the ZEALian agents refer to Keystone?

(Minor details:) What time of year is it in ZEAL (i.e. early or late), and how long has the project been running? Want to make a few cultural references in the ZEALian point of view.

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2005, 11:41:28 pm »
Zeality or Symmetry can correct me, but so far as I understand it:

Almost.  I don't think that it was the School actually doing the experiments, but several of the "best of the best" from said School.

Probably something similar to "Timeline 75-AP7J-K" or some such.  No name, just a call number.

My guess would be around 1025 AD or so (to use Keystone years).  Zeal and Sym would know better.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2005, 12:03:35 am »
Most of the plot events in Keystone (so far) happened in 1021 AD, but you don't really have to match that. I believe the ZEALian calendar starts at 0 being 12,000 BC by the Keystone calendar. So, I'd probably put the ZEALian date at something like 13025 plus some abbreviation to mark the current era. A few suggestions:

CE - Common Era
ME - Modern Era
MA - Modern Age
NA - New Age
ZC - ZEALian Calendar
ZR - ZEALian Reckoning

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2005, 01:24:24 am »
Of course, it could be devided into several different ages.  This could be, say, the 1475th year of the Second Age of Zeal, reckoning from the last major event (meteor strike, closing of the Ocean Palace, last war, or possibly when they discovered the secrets of incredibly long life.)

As for those abbreviations, my vote's for ZR

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2005, 04:02:10 pm »
Er... I asked what time of year and how long the project's been running (equivalency). I could care less about the actual year. Good thing to establish, though. I particularly like ME, for having the "feel" of being a method of denoting time, and ZC for being cool.

And elite is the "best of the best," is it not?  :D