Author Topic: Taking Roll. Please Reply.  (Read 24369 times)

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Taking Roll. Please Reply.
« on: January 05, 2005, 01:07:48 am »
Hello everyone,

We expected participation in Project ZEAL to wane over the holidays, but now that the next semester is gearing up and schedules returning to normal, I'd like to get the fic moving again.

First of all, if you're reading this and are still participating, please post here and let us know.

Secondly, if you know anyone who might be interested in joining and that you think would make a good addition to the project, please invite them. It's definately not too late to join and really we're at a good point in the story for more heroes and heroines. (Or villians for that matter!)

Thirdly, I don't know how much planning everyone has done on the side, but I think it would be good to recap here where exactly your characters are going in the near future.

Hope to see everyone back on their creative feet soon!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 02:48:22 am »
I'm still here, and about ready to roll. School starts next week, so in a week or so I should have a groove. I'm not really sure where Argus is going in the story at this point (other than the End of Time) and I'm a little unsure how that whole scene is being handled, so a recap would be nice.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 08:37:33 am »
I'm here, just waiting for the next section to start up. I don't have any specific plans yet, aside from being at the End of Time.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 11:18:36 am »
The Gamefaqs Cross board could probably be tapped for an author or two. Other than that, we could run an advertisement on Chronoshock.com or Chronicles again. Claado's coming back in a month as well.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 12:23:46 pm »
I believe this next scenario is going to start of with Gaspar giving a brief explanation of what's going on to the people gathered at the End of Time. From there I'd assume everyone is heading back to the Middle Ages - I think we tried to setup two subplots going at once awhile back, but the idea never seemed to catch on.

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 01:39:49 pm »
I'm ready.

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 03:41:58 pm »
I'm definitely still here as long as everyone else is. The holidays were actually the most opportune time for me to get work done on the project, but whatever.

As far as Garg goes, being a local and extremely useful as long as he isn't fully aware of what the bigger picture is, he won't be showing up at the End of Time. He's currently either on the ferry to or settling in Porre (600 A.D.), and in addition to studying law, he's already planning his own side projects to get back at Toma. If there is still a particularly long time before he is found and manipulated by Gaspar's Heroes, I may write one of these occurring (and, of course, failing).

Also, anyone who cares, there was a reason other than motivation for introducing the two characters I did in my previous episodes. They will become apparent later.

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 12:25:14 am »
I'm here, at least I assume I am.  I have, at times, deceived myself on this point.

Anywy, I"m here and ready to get writing.  Hopefully, I can get more done this semester than I did during the fall.  Hopefully.

Anyway, as for my plans, my character Aias is entwined heavily with Symmetry's Sessimine, and other than that he's generally going to muck about in the Zealian waters.  And that's all I'm gonna say, so nyaahhh.

(I apologize for any strange humour or oddness here.  Too much Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy recently.)

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 05:11:17 pm »
May 6, 2005.

Don't panic.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 05:31:11 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
The Gamefaqs Cross board could probably be tapped for an author or two. Other than that, we could run an advertisement on Chronoshock.com or Chronicles again. Claado's coming back in a month as well.

Or, you might want to check FF.net for people who've recently posted CT or CC fics.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 05:38:24 pm »
Obviously I'm still here, which could have gone without saying.

Sessi & Naomi are tied up with Aias and some interesting things are about to unfold there at the ball.

It just now occurred to me to ask whether or not anyone is interested writing for the "villians" of our fic - the Council members and their lackeys. I've introduced most of them (if not all) earlier in the fic, but other than one or two, nothing specific has been planned for the Council members there. If anyone's got an evil streak they're looking to indulge....

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2005, 01:33:49 am »
Hi. I'm not really here. But hello anyways. Ciao.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2005, 09:09:21 pm »
I'm sorta here...I think I'll get something stable soon...But I've said that a few times previous, huh?

:cry:

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2005, 10:52:32 pm »
(Posting this here because it doesn't quite warrant another thread and this is someone on-topic)

I'm wondering when this is going to progress. It looks like we have about all we need for the introductory section, so should we start up thread II?

The only loose end we really have is the end of the jailbreak sequence. I was planning to write in what happened there by Sigma telling the story in the End of Time. Perhaps we could start this thread with her telling this part of her story, followed by brief stories of those who weren't in Thread I. How does this sound?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2005, 03:23:31 am »
Sounds good to me. Although I'm for anything to end this slump and get the ball rolling on the EoT scene, and the project as a whole.