Author Topic: Well...  (Read 1127 times)

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Well...
« on: June 08, 2008, 04:44:20 pm »
...it's been a long time, hasn't it? I guess some explanation is warranted for my long absence. I've been really busy with real life and family-related stuff since the start of the year. No one's dead or anything, but my focus was kind of diverted from the Internet. Also, I'm receiving a bachelor's degree (not sure if it's the correct term in English) this year so I was busy with school work and planifying what I'll do next year.

This being said, I'm sorry I didn't reply to PMs or posted some sort of note on the forum, concerning Crimson Echoes especially. I hope this didn't affect the progress of the project too much or something (apparently not, judging from the news on the main page). School will be over by middle June, but I got a mail from Vehek today and I thought I'd drop by early. Again, sorry about the disappearance.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Well...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 04:58:46 pm »
Well, it's good to know you're still alive.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 05:20:26 pm »
Yay, Chrono'99's back! :lee:

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 07:47:50 pm »
Hah, imagining seeing all the stuff that's happened for the first time...

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 05:20:15 pm »
Oh my goodness!  I'm at my new employee orientation bored as hell but this made my day! 

Glad to see your doing fine I was worried that maybe something bad happened. Lots of progress has been made you came back at a good time because progress can be made in parallel right now more than ever.

Welcome back take your time with real life stuff I know I had too.

Jp

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 12:14:44 pm »
Now that it's summer vacation I'll have more time to check the site. Can't wait to play the current Crimson Echoes ROM and see how it evolved. The Magus-in-CC project looks great too.

Oh and it's kinda useless but here's a sketch of King Zeal I made some time ago (sorry abou the low quality, my scanner doesn't work so I used a digital camera). I took his sprite as a reference and tried to make him look like an Ancient king from Persia (but with a smaller beard).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 02:11:40 pm »
Welcome back 99. Play through the rom in the thread to get a feel for what is going on currently I am going through and editing enemy stats and switching battles to be loseable.

We will probably have to make a few of these room by room passes to tweak stats and add item shops and treasures.
You came at an excellent time I really need to settle down for a month I just moved cross country and started working for Microsoft and its pretty overwhelming.
I can take a back seat while you chrono 99ify the rom. Every thing I did is on the wiki ask zeality for write access you probably have it already. I standardized event coding. All cutscenes and battles are in object 8 and all triggers are in object 0. Memory 202 and 204 are pc x and y 206 is used to tell if something is triggered.

Phew sorry for the rant I'm really glad you are back cause the hack had some steam but it was slowing cause of my current situation. If you have questions ask me I know the game inside out right now. Remember everything is on the wiki. Vehek has been doing a good job of putting bugs there.

Um ill keep the rant going a little longer Geiger told me he is working on a memory reservation system for tf so it won't overwrite stuff I'm holding off on editing items because the current editor uses memory that tf could overwrite. Same deal with king zeals ai. Ok that's it for now enjoy the hack its a lot has been done but it definitely needs your touch my favorite parts are the new techs and the party switching dungeon. I tried my best to follow the plot but some scenes still need to be added like the cyborg during zeals spell and at the top of terra tower.

Jp

Ps can you write a tutorial of how you switched tiles?  The new tiles are not in the hack. Don't add them in until we make sure its safe tf has a big where it potentially writes over data that it shouldn't