Author Topic: [HIATUS] Zeal Palace in 3D (one person can't do all of Zeal, ne?)  (Read 16077 times)

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Zeal Palace in 3D (one person can't do all of Zeal, ne?)
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 06:55:38 pm »
Progress~

here it is, a special thing for my Zeal model...

It's big, its powerful, and it may even contain the frozen flame.... what is it, all?

IT'S---!

[attachment deleted by admin]

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 07:03:23 pm »
That's pretty damn excellent, Satoh. Good enough to be a battle model, in fact...

Tell ya what. When you're finished with this, grab a 2D render and I'll insert it in some room in Chrono Cross, just for kicks and to show everyone what can be done presently. When we've got a script that can convert from BLEND > Chrono Cross format models, we'll do a test in which we replace the Time Devourer with the Mammon Machine or something. This'll be great.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 08:16:55 pm »
In this situation Borat would say, wuh wuh woo wah!

But I'm just gonna say, kick ass.

And Faustwolf, that's actually a great idea: replacing the Time Devourer with the Mammon Machine!  Do I hear side quests?  Final boss mods?  Additional game content?  WOOT!

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 08:29:05 pm »
Granted, I still have some more physical bits to make before I start the texture...

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2008, 03:37:24 am »
OMG that looks awesome so far! :shock: :mrgreen:

Satoh

• View Profile
Re: [HIATUS] Zeal Palace in 3D (one person can't do all of Zeal, ne?)
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2008, 07:09:04 am »
OK, dev on this project is halted for a while since I'm doing a lot of other things...

But be sure to check out the "Putting Magus in CC" topic to see most of what I'm doing

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2008, 04:41:46 pm »
Yeah, in all honesty, that work is more important this one.  Seriously.  Godspeed!

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 08:12:43 pm »
My dad is taking courses in Maya and I've tried it a bit myself, but I'm intimidated about using it because all these new versions pop out that require thousand dollar upgrades and..UGH!

But yeah, I am pretty jealous! Nice work hun!

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 05:20:20 pm »
My dad is taking courses in Maya and I've tried it a bit myself, but I'm intimidated about using it because all these new versions pop out that require thousand dollar upgrades and..UGH!

But yeah, I am pretty jealous! Nice work hun!

Try Blender. Its free and extremly professional in a sense where it has even become a competition for Maya and 3D Max. . .

Thats some awesome modeling. Very quality stuff your making, can't wait to see the renders with texture mapping.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2008, 06:07:18 pm »
Try Blender. Its free and extremly professional in a sense where it has even become a competition for Maya and 3D Max. . .

Thats some awesome modeling. Very quality stuff your making, can't wait to see the renders with texture mapping.

Mind if you could give me the link to its homepage? I'd like to try it.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it ^_^
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 06:09:28 pm by Princess Schala Zeal »

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2008, 06:21:33 pm »

Mind if you could give me the link to its homepage? I'd like to try it.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it ^_^

It's quite the program. In the past, I had some experience in both Max and Maya (none of them long term) and I decided to stick with Blender since I simply "could do more, in less time" with Blender when compared to Max and Maya. . . plus, the latest version, 2.46, has a built in hair styling editor, which allows for very precise control over hair and fur, neither Max nor Maya have that yet.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2008, 06:30:30 pm »
It's quite the program. In the past, I had some experience in both Max and Maya (none of them long term) and I decided to stick with Blender since I simply "could do more, in less time" with Blender when compared to Max and Maya. . . plus, the latest version, 2.46, has a built in hair styling editor, which allows for very precise control over hair and fur, neither Max nor Maya have that yet.

Yeah. I watched a bit of the video tutorials. Although, having a Mac laptop with only a one button touchpad, I had to remap some keys to function as right-click/middle-click using a useful tool called AutoHotkey.

I'm surprised too. It's very lightweight. I am definately going to enjoy it!

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2008, 06:33:07 pm »
By the way, I'm running Vista on my mac because of productivity gain. Latest version of Mac OS X comes with a partitioning utility for Intel Macs called Bootcamp. It allows you to install XP or Vista on your mac and so far I haven't had ANY mac-related setbacks with it, except for the mouse/keys, which I easily remapped.

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2008, 07:35:33 pm »

Yeah. I watched a bit of the video tutorials. Although, having a Mac laptop with only a one button touchpad, I had to remap some keys to function as right-click/middle-click using a useful tool called AutoHotkey.

I'm surprised too. It's very lightweight. I am definately going to enjoy it!

You'll soon find that every 3D program will use three buttons on the mouse. Its pretty much a mandatory thing. . . I'd go and buy one, since it helps A LOT to keep the original buttons for the mouse (middle click pans, while scrolling zooms, right click selects, left click does many things, ect.ect.)

Anyway . . . Blender is a pretty awesome program. . . Don't be intimidated by the tons of buttons though. Over time you'll learn what each one does. The UV mapping is defiantly something to get into it as well, it was rated better than the UV mapper included with MAX.

The built in game and particle engines are also extremly powerful, allowing full game capabilities. Don't get your hopes up though, its still requires full programming knowledge though. Python.

Also since its free, the community supporting it is quite large and open. . . helped me a lot when I was getting started.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2008, 08:14:48 pm »

You'll soon find that every 3D program will use three buttons on the mouse. Its pretty much a mandatory thing. . . I'd go and buy one, since it helps A LOT to keep the original buttons for the mouse (middle click pans, while scrolling zooms, right click selects, left click does many things, ect.ect.)

Anyway . . . Blender is a pretty awesome program. . . Don't be intimidated by the tons of buttons though. Over time you'll learn what each one does. The UV mapping is defiantly something to get into it as well, it was rated better than the UV mapper included with MAX.

The built in game and particle engines are also extremly powerful, allowing full game capabilities. Don't get your hopes up though, its still requires full programming knowledge though. Python.

Also since its free, the community supporting it is quite large and open. . . helped me a lot when I was getting started.

Well, I do have a problem with that. I have mild cerebral palsy in my right hand so all it's capable of doing is holding down 1 button at most while my left hand does the work. Also, there seems to be a big change between Blender 2.34 and 2.46 in that the stuff in the tutorials aren't present for me like Extrude->Region, Mesh->SubSurf.

Also, the only buttons I remapped for my mouse are basically the left and right command keys for the mouse keys. Mouses in general frustrate the hell out of me.