Author Topic: Playable character mod: Schala  (Read 28748 times)

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
Re: Playable character mod: Schala
« Reply #360 on: October 22, 2008, 03:42:14 am »
Hm... Interesting, but doesn't sound quite right... Also, she shouldn't have be sent to 600 CE, but 12000 BCE. (If you look at the order the people are swallowed, Gaspar is first, Belthasar is second, Melchior is third, and Janus is fourth. See a pattern here? Then Schala would get swallowed fifth, presumably, and since she technically is in PD-1 and not 12000 BCE, the time gate would send here there) Plus, I don't think time gates can travel through Time-Error, so I doubt that she'd be able to go to that point in the first place. What transpires there, though, I don't know... I like the idea of her coming to 600 CE and trying to get to Janus, though. I doubt Zeal would be able to banish her, though... Only Lavos himself could do that, likely. You don't see Zealians running around traveling through time/dimension anywhere. (Although they can presumably teleport through space, as seen with the Skyways...) I like the idea of her fighting Zeal, and then Lavos erupts and she's sent to PD-1 along with the Crono crew, and then...something happens? She should only get banished after the events of CT, though, since Lavos has no need for her until he's been banished...

Oki Doki
1.Schala could be sent anywhere doesnt have to be 12000
2.These gates would be able to travel through time error ? Lavos created these he is all powerful !
3.If your talking about Zeal creating the gate to send her to the dbt ; its kinda logical seeing as lavos is taking over her.

In my oppinion year 600 is the way to go as thats where the main quest of chrono starts it can also be where schalas quest starts
CONTINUING ON  FROM MY IDEA ~!....

In Year 2300 she winds up in one of the domes as she begins to leave she meets some travellers who tell her that a group of three people just headed to the factory...she battles through the mutant areas with the help of a Robo Robot ....she enters the area with the jet bike and they refuse to let her past .....she heads to the sewers when she finally gets to belthasars lab ....the robo look alike turns into a nu !. Belthasar congratz the nu for guiding schala as he knew she would come ......they hug and she finds out about everything ....She asks Belthasar how to get back to Zeal its time to confront her mother
Belth explains how he is building a time travel ship and how he can also create time gates .........an upgrade of the invention "Miss Ashtear made" she steps in and hey presto ......650000.Noooo ! Schala discovered she had warped into a castle as she looked out the window 3 pteradactyls flew nearby ........as schala looked around she saw dinosaurs she fought them and heard a ruckus upstairs as chrono and co fought azala .......Schala tried to make it upstairs but she was too late !!! BAMMMM lavos hit the planet ......she was asleep recovering for 2 days ........she headed to the crater .....the gate was sealed from the other side ..she could open it as the other she sealed it off to zeal we go !!!

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 22, 2008, 06:20:00 am »
Hm...  I think the story reason's planned out enough for now. In some CT: CE-like hack, everyone goes on another adventure, and eventually, Janus finds Schala. (in 12000 BCE, or whatever the time would be at that point, probably something like 11995 BCE or something) Eventually they join the party and...stuff. I'm not too good with this stuff, I'm sure Rox would be better at it. -.-;

(Sorry Justin, but...) And I was thinking...her skillset might look something like this:

*Restore
*Heal
*Starfall
*Bless (increases stats of one party member, though that might be difficult to code)
*Sacred Protection (Protect + Magic Barrier on all party members)
*Comet
*[Holy Healing]
*Pray (Not sure what this should do... Restores a small amount of MP to everyone except her? Though that could be overpowered...)
*Holy Light

Edit: the limit's eight techs, apparently. I got rid of Cure, but I'm not sure what other spell I should get rid of. Pray or Bless? Pray, probably, since that's likely the most overpowered, but... Opinions?

Though Justin does have a point... If you don't want to work on the spells, Rox, then maybe you could work on the story or something. :/ I'm no expert on the matter though.

Is every single tech she has going to be elementally based? Is the goal to make the most overpowered uber-extra side-quest character there is? This list is kind of wonky, one healing spell, one full party healing spell, 3 other support spells, and some crazy ultimate heaven luminare...

If anything is too powerful it would be a shield plus barrier spell. what exactly would create any kind of in game suspense if by the time we get Schala in the party everyone has pretty awesome armor, then on top of that she can cast barrier AND shield meaning what little damage the party does accumulate is cut to a third. The fact that it's on ALL party member's is pretty outlandish as well. She needs to be powered way down from this, otherwise you run the risk of making other characters with support spells severely under-powered (read MARLE) . An 8th character is cool, but not when they wind up completely overshadowing other characters thus making them useless.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 22, 2008, 09:36:29 am »
*Restore (Esuna)
*Heal (Heal medium 1 party member)
*Starfall
*Holy Light
*Magic Barrier
*Comet
*Dark Matter (Light Matter? - I think she should have something that's kind of with Magus as well...since they are blood related.  If I recall, I remember seeing a rumor years and years ago of "OMFG SCHALA PLAYABLE" and it had a spell listing.  I'll see if I can find that and show you what it said. )

Chrono Trigger Hint: Recruit Schala
To have Schala as a party member, fight her mother in an optional battle. Go and clear the game. Select New Game Plus and reach the same part where you fight Schala's mother and opt to flee from the battle.

Now, when the city falls, an island will appear. Go there and you will find Schala crying, and she says she has no where to go, and asks to join you.

*Fire 2
*Water 2
*Lightning 2
*Prism Bomb - Like a Dark Bomb, but instead has that red - orange - yellow mix tone of the Rainbow Shell, I have no idea of what they did.
*Magic Wall
*Prism Mist - This one is just awesome to see.
*Rainbow Hole - Same effect that Black Hole with Rainbow background.
*Prism Matter

Pretty cheap and ugly things, but interesting.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 09:40:12 am by justin3009 »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #363 on: October 22, 2008, 10:05:02 am »
 :lol: Agreed with Falcon there.

My opinion:
Magic may be driven by nature but don't forget how powerful Schala actually is. Meaning, she's just as capable to do massive damage. But when speaking of balancing the party, FalconHit does have a point. Speaking of, almost everyone in the party is capable of attacking multiple enemies at the same time and dealing great damage single handedly. Marle's healing may be great, but she can't heal multiple party members unless done a double/triple tech. Frog may heal multiple party members, but his healing just isn't good enough. If we borrow the Final Fantasy tradition, what the party lacks is a good barrier mage and I believe Schala is qualified enough. And it does make sense why Schala would be a good character to have in a party while making other characters just as useful. But then the party would be perfect. Too perfect. Bosses would snap like a twig, ya know. Hmm but it does give a lot of advantage to fight even more pumped up ultra fantastic super dynamic horrid chaotic bosses. xD More fun! And perhaps Schala and Magus would have a double tech. But both their magic highly conflict each other.

As for where and how to find her, hmmmmm.... You're right. Almost every fan-hack/game features Magus finding Schala. But Magus being too emotional kinda makes me... *spews* Perhaps the reason why Masato didn't have Magus finally meet Schala again as himself was because of that thought. Janus wasn't too emotional with Schala but always prefered her around, that is imaginable. But it's kinda inconceivable when someone like him meets his dear sister after such a long time. In CT, Magus seemed to be more fixated on destroying Lavos than finding Schala. And these things indeed make things quite complicated....

Worst case scenario: Magus singing emotional 80's songs

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 22, 2008, 11:00:24 am »
Well...You could make it so when Schala sends out the party from, I believe, was the Ocean Palace?  They decide to act against it and somehow gave her strength to send everyone including herself out.  Which would give some new dialect between the crew and Schala.  Then it'd expand with Gaspar and Crono's mom.  Also, new dialogue with the Earthbounds.  Last bit would probably be when she encounters Lavos.  Well...then there's the ending where somehow she gets thrown into the DBT.

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #365 on: October 24, 2008, 02:46:17 am »

Oki Doki
1.Schala could be sent anywhere doesnt have to be 12000
2.These gates would be able to travel through time error ? Lavos created these he is all powerful !
3.If your talking about Zeal creating the gate to send her to the dbt ; its kinda logical seeing as lavos is taking over her.

In my oppinion year 600 is the way to go as thats where the main quest of chrono starts it can also be where schalas quest starts
CONTINUING ON  FROM MY IDEA ~!....

In Year 2300 she winds up in one of the domes as she begins to leave she meets some travellers who tell her that a group of three people just headed to the factory...she battles through the mutant areas with the help of a Robo Robot ....she enters the area with the jet bike and they refuse to let her past .....she heads to the sewers when she finally gets to belthasars lab ....the robo look alike turns into a nu !. Belthasar congratz the nu for guiding schala as he knew she would come ......they hug and she finds out about everything ....She asks Belthasar how to get back to Zeal its time to confront her mother
Belth explains how he is building a time travel ship and how he can also create time gates .........an upgrade of the invention "Miss Ashtear made" she steps in and hey presto ......650000.Noooo ! Schala discovered she had warped into a castle as she looked out the window 3 pteradactyls flew nearby ........as schala looked around she saw dinosaurs she fought them and heard a ruckus upstairs as chrono and co fought azala .......Schala tried to make it upstairs but she was too late !!! BAMMMM lavos hit the planet ......she was asleep recovering for 2 days ........she headed to the crater .....the gate was sealed from the other side ..she could open it as the other she sealed it off to zeal we go !!!

Good idea perhaps the robot she ends up teaming with is Atropos before it ends up corrupted by the mother brain

Yourgingerestfan

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 24, 2008, 04:03:44 am »
yes and it could also show you how she got corrupted by the brain

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #367 on: October 24, 2008, 09:49:38 am »
yes and it could also show you how she got corrupted by the brain

yes, so true that

Yourgingerestfan

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 24, 2008, 03:57:33 pm »
So is everyone for schalas story happening at the same time as chronos ?

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 24, 2008, 08:26:29 pm »
Sorry I haven't bee posting recently, but...

Why in the name of the gods would the pattern be broken though? It makes no sense to have this pattern of EoT -> 2300 -> 1000 -> 600 be broken. She's the fifth, so she should be sent to 12000 BCE. Also, her traveling through Time-Error sounds just as wacky as her traveling to the DBT. You'd need a five-dimensional Gate for that, and those do not exist in CT, otherwise you'd have Crono and Co. traveling all through Time-Error and things would get really wacky. Gates are four-dimensional punctures, not five-dimensional.

It sounds interesting in its own right, Ginger, but doesn't really hold water, I'm afraid. A reunion with Balthasar would be cool, though. (And possibly the other two Gurus...?)

I'd prefer it if she was simply an extra character you got. Maybe if you got Janus, during the Fated Hour there was a 12000 BCE quest (that thing needs an end-game quest...it doesn't have one, does it?) where the people are rebuilding the villages and there's a healer woman or something running around. If you have Janus at the end of the quest, he'll recognize she's Schala, and she joins after some scenes. You could still get something cool even if you don't have Janus, though. Perhaps getting her would enable another ending where after Lavos kicks the bucket, as a last desperate attempt, he rends a hole in dimension instead of time, and sucks Schala in. Then we're all set up for CC.

And, uh, Janus is pretty obsessed with Schala... >.> If you don't kill him and get the Epoch ending, you can see him roaming around some mountains in 12000 BCE, presumably searching for Schala. Now that he's gotten revenge, he needs a new goal to drive him, and it seems to make sense for it to be his search for Schala. (I haven't played RD and I know it's not cannon, but doesn't he come to 1020 CE in it because of Kidd-Schala? So that implies he is, in fact, searching for her)

Hm... "Holy Healing" could be toned down, maybe just make it Heal 2. Since her magic prowess is higher than Glenn's, it should heal for more. And I do agree with tushantin, there should be a barrier mage. Schala seems fitting for that, and I'm all for super-ultra-awesome bosses of doom. Why would she have Dark Matter, though? Judging from her personality, (And I'm about 99.9% sure that affinity is tied to personality) she'd be Heaven/Light.

And yes, double techs with Janus would definitely be both interesting and cool. ;) I'd be interested in seeing an Antipode-like attack, only with Shadow and Light. And, as stated earlier, Janus could perhaps make Schala's pyramid barrier seal enemies or something.

Rox gets the final say in all of this, though.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 08:34:08 pm by Chocobo_Fan »

Yourgingerestfan

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 25, 2008, 04:50:24 am »
All gates which Schala travels through would be created by Lavos into leading her to him as a back up plan in case Chrono and co defeat him ?

as for the pattern ? I dont wike the pattern and neither does schala :) lol

It can get more intresting.....after all its only a little draft of a story

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 25, 2008, 05:01:46 am »
Magus being obsessed with Schala would be; find Schala first THEN defeat Lavos. But he seems more content on defeating Lavos firstly, then perhaps finding her. His revenge doesn't even really seem like it's for Schala either. It seems really selfish in this kind of "I'll show that Im stronger than you, and my mother, and do what Schala couldn't keep under wraps" kind of way, at least in Chrono Trigger.  Personally I think it best that the Cross references are kept to a minimum when it comes to CT hacks.

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #372 on: October 25, 2008, 08:21:04 am »
What about 1999?

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 25, 2008, 12:02:33 pm »
Hm... It's true that Janus puts killing Lavos first, but still, he does show an interest in searching for her, as implied in the ending.

And the Gates were created by the Entity, not Lavos... >.> The Ocean Palace ones might have been I think, but the Compendium says that is would appear that the Entity directed those Gates to fling them into certain points in time. By that logic, it should have sent Schala back to 12000 BCE, where Janus would be able to find her, as opposed to...wherever.

My argument still stands that Gates can't travel through Time-Error. You could hypothetically introduce one that could, but you'd need to have something more powerful than Lavos/Entity and have an overly complex explanation to make it work. On top of that, it seriously messes things up. Things get wacky and way too complicated for our pathetic three-dimensional minds to comprehend.

If she isn't going through Time-Error, 1999 could work. It would be pretty interesting to see what the world is like after Lavos's defeat...but it still isn't necessary; 2300 works fine, possibly even better. Plus, Balthasar's in 2300.

So wait, you prefer Ginger's idea, Rox? If so, then that's final. You can focus on that. If, by some miracle, I get into Temporal Flux maybe I can code something like what I described earlier.

We'll have to see.

Yourgingerestfan

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 25, 2008, 01:24:17 pm »
If gates are made by enitity (which they probably are )
then Lavos the worlds biggest parasite could have eaten a chunk of the entity and you are what you eat after all

hey presto he can create gates which can go through time error