Author Topic: Playable character mod: Schala  (Read 28740 times)

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
Re: Playable character mod: Schala
« Reply #345 on: October 19, 2008, 06:54:47 pm »
Hm...interesting, but we don't really need it... We only have three main skills, and the three main celestial bodies are generally the stars, sun, and moon, so her attack spell should be ordered like that... I do like the idea of fitting some sort of comet spell in there somewhere, though I'm not sure where or what it would be.

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 20, 2008, 03:11:54 am »

Comet.

it sounds simple and i like it 

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #347 on: October 20, 2008, 06:45:50 am »

Comet.

it sounds simple and i like it 

Giant ice cube comes and hits enemy in face or in Schala's case a giant ball of light, I actually do like that, seriously
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 07:13:09 am by RoxSilverFox »

ChronoSuper

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 20, 2008, 02:22:31 pm »
Giant ice cube= Megacryometeor.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 20, 2008, 05:57:08 pm »
Actually, yeah, we could have that instead of my lunar spell idea, so it could be her level 2.

Or level 1 if you don't like Starfall, but something like a comet feels more fitting for level 2 I think...

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 21, 2008, 12:12:06 am »
I think worrying about spell names/types/graphics and things of that nature is a bit to premature at this point in time.

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 21, 2008, 02:10:46 am »

Ha! badass name. I love it!

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #352 on: October 21, 2008, 02:37:05 am »

Ha! badass name. I love it!

I agree but personally I think it's a bit long

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 21, 2008, 09:11:48 am »
No

I think worrying about spell names/types/graphics and things of that nature is a bit to premature at this point in time.
- I'll vouch for this one as well.  That's what happens on a lot of my projects, I worry more about graphics and names then story.  Work on the story first guys, it'll pay off on the long run.

ChronoSuper

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 21, 2008, 12:40:50 pm »
Megacryometeors are real: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megacryometeor

No

:x

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 21, 2008, 05:35:18 pm »
Hm...  I think the story reason's planned out enough for now. In some CT: CE-like hack, everyone goes on another adventure, and eventually, Janus finds Schala. (in 12000 BCE, or whatever the time would be at that point, probably something like 11995 BCE or something) Eventually they join the party and...stuff. I'm not too good with this stuff, I'm sure Rox would be better at it. -.-;

(Sorry Justin, but...) And I was thinking...her skillset might look something like this:

*Restore
*Heal
*Starfall
*Bless (increases stats of one party member, though that might be difficult to code)
*Sacred Protection (Protect + Magic Barrier on all party members)
*Comet
*[Holy Healing]
*Pray (Not sure what this should do... Restores a small amount of MP to everyone except her? Though that could be overpowered...)
*Holy Light

Edit: the limit's eight techs, apparently. I got rid of Cure, but I'm not sure what other spell I should get rid of. Pray or Bless? Pray, probably, since that's likely the most overpowered, but... Opinions?

Though Justin does have a point... If you don't want to work on the spells, Rox, then maybe you could work on the story or something. :/ I'm no expert on the matter though.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:38:40 pm by Chocobo_Fan »

Yourgingerestfan

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 21, 2008, 05:41:38 pm »
personally  I think she should only have heal as a healing tech as not to take that aspect of frog/marle away

My story idea ; the story is set at EXACTLY THE SAME TIME as chrono trigger

ocean palace events ..........Schala winds up in 600ad shortly after chrono rescues marle from yakra

She stumbles around the town , amazed by the growing plants she overhears that 3 young travellers (chrono lucca marle) headed to truce canyon ..she gets there but sadly they enter the gate and it seals up .......
She is attacked by several monsters faints and is taken to the castle where she is looked after as she is thought be a noble she hears about the man Magus and his magic she tries to head there and is accompanied by frog who takes her as far as the cave before magus castle it is open .....Schala enters ; it closes Frog cant get in

Schala traverses Magus castle and just when she encounters him a time gate appears sending her to 2300 ad ........at that exact same moment chrono and the party return to 600 ad and the battle against the mystics begins.......

It may sound like a very short idea but its a draft and there may be more quests to get to the that point seeing as zenan bridge was destroyed who fixed it ? and maybe schala and frog went in an underwater cavern (where whirlpool is in 1000ad) to the southern part of the continent !

That is not my finished idea just tell me what you think  :)

i was thinking
in 600ad she can be accompanied by frog
and in 2300ad can be accompanied by a new robo called ..........?
final area should be zeal where just after chrono/magus/original schala has left ...the current schala fights against queen zeal who uses lavos power to send schala to the DBT

more ideas to come ?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:18:08 pm by Yourgingerestfan »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 21, 2008, 06:29:05 pm »
Techs are limited to 8.  I know it's possible to extend that, it was written down I think in the 8th character topic, but it'd be a little strange for 1 person to have 9-12 techs while the others have 8.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 21, 2008, 06:37:00 pm »
Hm... Interesting, but doesn't sound quite right... Also, she shouldn't have be sent to 600 CE, but 12000 BCE. (If you look at the order the people are swallowed, Gaspar is first, Belthasar is second, Melchior is third, and Janus is fourth. See a pattern here? Then Schala would get swallowed fifth, presumably, and since she technically is in PD-1 and not 12000 BCE, the time gate would send here there) Plus, I don't think time gates can travel through Time-Error, so I doubt that she'd be able to go to that point in the first place. What transpires there, though, I don't know... I like the idea of her coming to 600 CE and trying to get to Janus, though. I doubt Zeal would be able to banish her, though... Only Lavos himself could do that, likely. You don't see Zealians running around traveling through time/dimension anywhere. (Although they can presumably teleport through space, as seen with the Skyways...) I like the idea of her fighting Zeal, and then Lavos erupts and she's sent to PD-1 along with the Crono crew, and then...something happens? She should only get banished after the events of CT, though, since Lavos has no need for her until he's been banished...

Bah, I suck at this. -.-; Or maybe someone could make a hack and have her be the eighth PC. (I was hearing someone talking about that somewhere...) I like that idea a lot, personally. But an original hack would be nice too.

Eight huh? Good-bye Cure and Pray/Bless then. I feel like Schala would specialize in Heal more than Cure anyway...I think she'd want to heal more people rather than heal one person. Or something. At any rate, editing time! :D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:41:50 pm by Chocobo_Fan »

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #359 on: October 22, 2008, 12:59:33 am »
I'll try to think up a logical story for her, Personally I think it would be more logical for her to be sent to 65,000,000 BC since technically she is already in 12000 BC or it could simply send her several years into the future from 12000. I dunno I'll come up with something, and people please continue to give ideas for the story coz your ideas might be better than mine.