Poll

If you could change Chrono Cross, how would you do it?

Eliminate all the funny accents.
6 (3.7%)
Increase the game's difficulty.
9 (5.5%)
Give Zoah some clothes.
4 (2.4%)
Totally different battle system -- return to ye olde Active Time Battle System days!
9 (5.5%)
Fewer playable characters altogether -- a Final Fantasy VI-size roster can produce just the right balance between variety and character development.
40 (24.4%)
MORE cute comic relief characters -- the story's too depressing as it is!
3 (1.8%)
Greater involvement from the CT crew -- especially Crono, Marle, Lucca, Magus, and Robo.
45 (27.4%)
Make one or more of the following characters playable: Dario, Belthasar, Miguel, Garai, the small Fire Dragon, other (please specify).
6 (3.7%)
Better explain the underlying story using Compendium theory, and in a way that isn't so esoteric and cramped into the last minutes of the game.
23 (14%)
OTHER! (Please post what!)
19 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 156

Author Topic: If you could change Chrono Cross, how would you do it?  (Read 79391 times)

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
Re: If you could change Chrono Cross, how would you do it?
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2008, 11:58:52 pm »
You know it. Do you want me just to draw a Picture of Serge, or do you want Karsh's hand holding a visible picture of Serge? I'd much pfrefer the first option but either one is fine; You're the project leader, so it's up to you.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2008, 12:00:48 am »
Just a sketch of Serge would be fine. You can even sign it "Tact," and everyone's going to wonder whether there's a character named Tact hidden in the game somewhere...

Hmstr1hom

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2008, 08:52:45 pm »
I went with revamping the battle system. Or should I say, devamping it. I feel that the battle system in CC was a good idea, yet poorly carried out. I also would have liked to see more familiar faces. Pink talking dogs? what ever happened to just red-haired-goku?

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2008, 08:57:07 pm »
Just a sketch of Serge would be fine. You can even sign it "Tact," and everyone's going to wonder whether there's a character named Tact hidden in the game somewhere...

I like that idea.

And Hmstr1hom, I found the Cross battle system to be fabulously carried out, even better than Trigger's. What didn't you like about it?

Hmstr1hom

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2008, 12:46:32 am »
Well, I'll admit it, my brain couldn't process the battle system. I just want a simple system, like that of the original. It was just too complex for me.... :P. And, since i don't wanna bother with tutorials, I pretty much.......suck.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2008, 02:24:21 pm »
I actually played CC before CT, I had a really hard time adjusting to CT's battle system. 

Mastermune

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2008, 12:43:27 pm »
Other - I'd make sure everyone got a dual tech with everyone else, and maybe throw in a few more triples too.

Eden110

• Iokan (+1)
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2008, 11:41:20 am »
My first play through of CC was a mixture of disappointment and awe.  The disappointment being that the cast of Chrono Trigger hardly made an appearance throughout the game.  It didn't quite feel like a sequel. 

Another aspect I would change is Harle.  I absolutely HATED how she left your party, and pretty much disappeared from the face of the earth after the defeat of the dragon god.  She was my favorite character. :(

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2008, 11:56:20 am »
The frst time I saw screenshots of Chrono Trigger, I thought it would have a real time battle system similar to Mana or Star Ocean.

I was so sad in Chrono Cross, though, to find out that my favorite Trigger character gave his life to become one with Chronopolis and help the planet. *Sigh*

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2008, 09:57:09 pm »
Quote from: Eden
Another aspect I would change is Harle.  I absolutely HATED how she left your party, and pretty much disappeared from the face of the earth after the defeat of the dragon god.  She was my favorite character.

You can get her back before Terra Tower via New Game+ if you want. She's also got some of the only GOOD New Game+ endings. She's one of my favorites because they actually tried to develop her character some...not quite Kid class, but she was a close second.

Quote from: Tact
I was so sad in Chrono Cross, though, to find out that my favorite Trigger character gave his life to become one with Chronopolis and help the planet. *Sigh*

Who did what now...? >_>

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2008, 03:09:37 pm »
Robo.  He combines with Chronoplis and Fate.   And when you kill Fate, you kill Robo.  It took me a while to catch that too. 

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2008, 03:15:40 pm »
It pained me as well brother.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2008, 05:47:22 pm »
Before I played CT I thought that battle was so cool.  I don't like it anymore.  The music is cool though.  Wait, at the end of the game everything is pretty much back to normal.  So shouldn't he technically still be alive at the end?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2008, 11:00:25 pm »
Bleh, that was just a Prometheus chip/program/whatever...That doesn't mean Robo is dead/gone/whatever. He could have just uploaded his consciousness (ala Belthasar's Nu) into the Mother Brain or something as a failsafe...

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2008, 02:06:39 am »
Model R-66Y; "Robo the Robot"

Born: 2300 A.D.

Died: 1020 A.D. (DON'T ASK HOW DEAR FUCKING GOD PLEASE)

What came from the Geno Dome shall return to the Geno Dome...

That would be Robo's Tombstone... May that metallic british-accented bastard rest in peace...

Wait, did anyone else always regard Robo with a british accent? To me it's the only voice that would fit 'im.