Author Topic: Kid and Schala *spoilers*  (Read 2280 times)

Kid_Serge_Love

• Earthbound (+15)
  • And who the bloody hell are you?
    • View Profile
Kid and Schala *spoilers*
« on: May 29, 2008, 10:38:21 pm »
What's everyone's idea on what happens after Chrono Cross?

Do you think schala and kid merge or not?  and why do you think that?

Personally... i don't think that they merge.  there are some in game facts that contribute to my way of thinking.  atleast i think so.

during the ending.  it seems to play events in a (how it happened) order.  so you see kid on a boat sailing by her self.  while right after, we see schala in a modern day city, possibly Tokyo.   

They are also two seperate beings during the game.  and even when schala and kid "speak" after you beat the time devourer.  Schala speaks the way she normally does.  then you get kids "english/austrailian" mix afterwards.

what i don't understand however is the wedding picture.  it is supposed to be kid and serge.  but in the picture, kid is missing the marks on her face?  what are those marks anyway?  makeup or possibly a birth scar, that is only seen when she gets a tan? 

well i hope hear everyones opinions and ideas on this matter.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Kid and Schala *spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 03:05:00 am »
1) I agree w/you about the merging thing and have been one of the only people using that scene w/Kid on the boat as evidence...

2) I'm ALSO one of the only people who says it's NOT a wedding picture and that it's actually a pic of Schala & Magus! I just don't see Kid, or Schala as some people suggest, and Serge hooking up afterwards...

3) As another theory entirely...could it be another throwback to Radical Dreamers? That kind of starts & ends w/a book reading or something, right? Perhaps it's a Schala/Kid from that or yet another dimension...? Probably not...but there might be something there...idk...

radicalblues

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 01:10:04 pm »
I think that at the end, the woman who signs the diary, Schala "Kid" Zeal, is neither Schala or Kid. I believe she is a new persona born from the mind of both.

*SPOILERS FOR XENOSAGA* Much in the way that when Mary awakens in KOS-MOS she's not Mary anymore, or KOS-MOS for that matter, but a new persona thanks to the magic of consciousness shifting. *END SPOILERS FOR XENOSAGA*

The man in the portrait is Serge, as evidenced in Missing Piece, but then again it just says it's Serge in formal clothes there. There's no evidence for marriage or anything, but it lets you see that the new Kid and Serge met somewhere sometime again.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 02:58:10 pm »
I think that at the end, the woman who signs the diary, Schala "Kid" Zeal, is neither Schala or Kid. I believe she is a new persona born from the mind of both.

*SPOILERS FOR XENOSAGA* Much in the way that when Mary awakens in KOS-MOS she's not Mary anymore, or KOS-MOS for that matter, but a new persona thanks to the magic of consciousness shifting. *END SPOILERS FOR XENOSAGA*

The man in the portrait is Serge, as evidenced in Missing Piece, but then again it just says it's Serge in formal clothes there. There's no evidence for marriage or anything, but it lets you see that the new Kid and Serge met somewhere sometime again.
Actually, it says he's in wedding gear, and so is Kid. Both are indian wedding attire. (from india. India. THE MAGIC LANDS OF INDIA.)

Kid_Serge_Love

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 03:15:28 pm »
Well also, the "home world" is really the false world.  i remember reading this somewhere.  the other world is the main world in the game.

and in missing piece, it translates to [character] in formal attire.  but remember, when you translate from japanese to english, the "meaning behind the words chosen" is lost. 

Kid_Serge_Love

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 03:17:53 pm »

Actually, it says he's in wedding gear, and so is Kid. Both are indian wedding attire. (from india. India. THE MAGIC LANDS OF INDIA.)

it would make sense, being from india.  taken kids skin tone, and word choices.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 04:07:34 pm »
I don't count that Missing Piece picture, which is just a concept art, as canon...because it's not. Concepts are just possible ideas. In the end product, they can be changed to suit various different ideas, characters, or storylines. And if it's Serge, why not show his face? The mystery man in CC is Magus.

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 05:26:24 pm »
I wouldn't think it was Magus. I mean Magus is in constant search for Schala. And if it was Magus wouldn't that mean that she did take on Schala's persona. And end up in 12000 BC. How else could she be with Magus? Also he doesn't have long hair. Although I don't know what happens I'm just saying neither option is very likely. I like to believe that it is Serge and Kid only because I want to believe that Guile is Magus.

radicalblues

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 06:44:02 pm »
Concept art or not, it is concept art for Serge, not for Arf/Guile. If they had the sketch, they might as well have decided to use it in the final product. Suddendly deciding concept art for Serge to become final art for Magus doesn't make sense.

Besides, the whole ending video consisted on Kid searching for Serge. Pulling Magus out of nowhere doesn't make any sense either, while giving a little hint for Serge does.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 06:45:36 pm by radicalblues »

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 07:50:12 pm »
Quote from: ZK
And if it was Magus wouldn't that mean that she did take on Schala's persona.

Like I've said before (and again in the second post in this thread), I'm not sure if I'm entirely sold on the whole merging of their personas to begin with...

And end up in 12000 BC. How else could she be with Magus?

Kato showed us that Magus doesn't have to be limited to 12,000BC in his search via Radical Dreamers. What means? We have no idea...

Also he doesn't have long hair.

When I look at the pic I see the headless character as having long hair...others say it's just part of the curtain...*shrugs*

Quote from: radicalblues
Concept art or not, it is concept art for Serge, not for Arf/Guile. If they had the sketch, they might as well have decided to use it in the final product. Suddendly deciding concept art for Serge to become final art for Magus doesn't make sense.

I don't see why it's a giant leap to just take the concept costume for one character and revamping it a little to use for another character...I mean, they revamped Magus when they took him out of CC and we got Guile instead...It doesn't even look like that big of a leap from some of the more ornate costume concepts they made up for Magus...

Besides, the whole ending video consisted on Kid searching for Serge.

I don't think there's solid enough evidence saying that Kid is searching for Serge. For one, she already knows where he is...and if you believe that the scenes w/Schala are Kid looking for Serge then she certainly shouldn't be in Tokyo looking for him. If Kid is searching for anything at the end of the game, I think she's searching for her own place in the world...she's searching for who Kid is now...after a lifetime driven by revenge, I think it's only reasonable...

Chrono 4: The New Adventures of Kid!!! HUZZAH!!!

Pulling Magus out of nowhere doesn't make any sense either, while giving a little hint for Serge does.

I don't think saying it's Magus is a big deal. I mean, for one, it's not like they show his whole face and go, "HEY! LOOK AT WHO IT IS!"...it's more a subtle hint (obviously TOO subtle since we're all debating who it is in the first place)...but I think that Schala finding Magus makes more sense than her marrying Serge and completely forgetting about her kid brother who just happens to be searching (through time/space/dimensions? Chrono 5: The Search For Schala!!! FTW!?!) for her...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 07:59:59 pm by V_Translanka »

Kid_Serge_Love

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 08:55:45 pm »
the person in modern day tokyo was schala, not kid.

(providing that they didn't merge)

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 09:06:04 pm »
I – So for a good ending movie, you tried to use the crossing point of a young girl and her other side to imagine “a story in another dimension.”

Kato – Yeah, like that. I thought that was the perfect material to use to give meaning to a parallel world. In each independent parallel world there would be respective developing stories. If we did it that way, people at home could use the experience of Serge in the game’s worlds to think about the reality of their own world. Maybe somewhere in our world there’s a Kid, and surely someday we will find and meet.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 01:54:20 pm »
Kato showed us that Magus doesn't have to be limited to 12,000BC in his search via Radical Dreamers. What means? We have no idea...

So in other words Guile could be Magus? Another thing we have no clue what so ever that she is in 1020AD or 12000BC. That should be our first analysis because then all the answers would come from that. If she is in 1020AD then its most likely a wedding portrait of Serge and Kid, but seeing as how she was writing like Schala it would more likely be indicating that she is in 12000BC, meaning its a portrait of the family. Another thing I doubt she is in 12000BC because if she was there then the people would know she was and probably would have killed her for being pat of the Zeal royal Family. Also for helping in the destruction of Zeal. As for why not kill Magus they don't know he is Janus. Oh, and yeah thats the curtain because you can see part of his hair(barely any but you can) its dark and not the color of the curtain and I see how you see that.(although this has no point because Magus could just cut his hair)

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 04:24:26 pm »
Why would they want to kill the Zeal royal family? No one knew Lavos would wig out and destroy everything...They have themselves to blame just as much as anyone else...>_>

I don't see the dark hair you're talking about either, though...I only see long light colored hair that some people mistake for curtain.

And, no, Guile can't be Magus because they've stated that he's not.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 02:14:55 am »
Why would they want to kill the Zeal royal family? No one knew Lavos would wig out and destroy everything...They have themselves to blame just as much as anyone else...>_>

Its the natural reaction of humans. Were not complex creatures. If you participated in the destruction of not only the world but someones home and family. Blood is going to be spilled. Its happened throughout history. Unless all the people of Zeal are forgiving and all the not magically adept humans who were stranded on the barren wasteland are also forgiving. Doubtful right?