Author Topic: HELP RIP CHRONO CROSS BATTLE MODEL TEXTURES!!  (Read 3275 times)

Unaisis

• Architect of Kajar
  • Earthbound (+15)
  • Gato is my Hero!
    • View Profile
Re: HELP RIP CHRONO CROSS BATTLE MODEL TEXTURES!!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 07:34:47 pm »
EEK~ Sky dragon texture 2 is a bit short @.@ its 128x252 O.x lol fixed one attatched @.@

\\//
\\//
 ||
 ||
 ||
\  /
 V

[attachment deleted by admin]

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 08:05:44 pm »
Interesting. So occasionally the two textures that compose a double texture may mismatch slightly in size. The extra pixel rows are definitely needed in that case for proper alignment with the UV map. Thanks!

cornettheory

• Architect of Kajar
  • Earthbound (+15)
  • Hey! lets Fight for no reason! Okay Bye!
    • View Profile
    • www.onlyintheory.com
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 05:49:25 am »
Hay thar...

Some things I learned doing this.

You can modify the tmspec.xml file in Tile Molester to recognize the out format, and have it load the settings it needs up until you need to load the out file's own pallet.

You need to include the little nob of data at the end of the files or else the UVs won't line up.

I like TGA better than png, just because it seemed to work with blender better.  in photoshop, I use selective color, choose black, and leave fuzziness at 0...  Then I go to channels and press the "add mask" button to have it generate the alpha channel.  then save the .tga file with alpha and 32bit.  The resulting map should load right in.

And, in blender, if the "map to" panel has map to alpha selected...but for some reason this causes overdraw artifacts when you render...  so to fix this, just click alpha again to turn it yellow, this button has three settings to allow for negative alpha channels, whatever the reason, just go into the texture dialog and select NegAlpha to to re-flip it to positive.  doing this makes in not screw up.

I'll post my .xml file, and maybe someone who can code in the .jar file can add parameters to automate the out file process further.  You just need to tell it how to load it's own color table for each file, should be easy right?

Just put the xml file in the tile molester folder and overwrite the one [back it up man] in there already.  You should be able to just see .out files and load them, and it will make them 2d, 8-bit liner, and 256 wide for you.  There is space in the xml file to add custom indexed pallets like the one used here, but it must be fixed for all out files, and to my knowledge they are different for every file.  so yea, look into that .jar file to make it load dynamically.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 06:49:15 am by cornettheory »

cornettheory

• Architect of Kajar
  • Earthbound (+15)
  • Hey! lets Fight for no reason! Okay Bye!
    • View Profile
    • www.onlyintheory.com
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 08:06:14 am »
I thought I would mention, the large firedragon texture doesnt line up at all with the exported UV map, it's way way off.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 02:09:11 pm »
Excellent work cornettheory! I'll try out your .xml file then. Can you give us any more specifics on how the large Fire Dragon texture has been screwed up? Does my tutorial produce a totally misaligned texture in the large Fire Dragon's case, or is the model data itself screwed up somehow?

Unaisis

• Architect of Kajar
  • Earthbound (+15)
  • Gato is my Hero!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 04:40:48 pm »
i've noticed that the UV maps are off for models with textures of 128x128 @.@ ::Easy fixe in cinema 4d but not sure about blender @.@::

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 04:53:24 pm »
Unaisis, care to take a look at the results of Vehek's test with Guile's field model here?
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,5177.msg97464.html#msg97464

We might just have a general problem with 128x128 textures altogether, as opposed to a problem wtih the field models specifically. Did what Vehek ended up with look similar to the results you're getting with 128x128 battle model textures?

Unaisis

• Architect of Kajar
  • Earthbound (+15)
  • Gato is my Hero!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 05:05:50 pm »
Similar :O The picture i have here is Miguel he had a 128x128 texture. he kinda has the same smooshed face

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 05:22:57 pm »
Wow, Miguel looks scary there. I'm almost positive that Luminaire's script somehow stretches the 128x128 textures upon input. This is actually my bad, because I thought during the initial stages of model investigation that all the textures would be 128x252 (later 128x256) for the battle models, so some adjustment to the import script's texture importation properties is probably all that's needed.

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 02:33:05 am »
Hmm... correct me if I'm wrong, but the character textures' outs that are fresh-from-dump don't have the so-called junk data necessary to rip them properly, am I right?

The same problem with the enemy outs...

FLAGRANT EDIT: Ne'er ye mind.... I figured out the problem...

EDIT2: OK, I need a difinitive number of the file ranges that are not taken... I'm gonna do my part to help
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 02:29:44 pm by Satoh »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 02:53:12 pm »
I haven't done any rips aside from the ones Unaisis did, so the completed ranges are:

3499 ~ 3565
3580 ~ 3685

AgniTheFire

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Yohohoh~ Want to see behind my mantle?
    • View Profile
    • AgniTheFire On DeviantART
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 08:01:14 pm »
whoa, i want htat Cinema 4D, so i can make my edits real =D, well those are really good Texturas =D
i liked the Red Dragon one =D

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: HELP RIP CHRONO CROSS BATTLE MODEL TEXTURES!! (COMPLETE)
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 01:41:17 am »
Just to let everyone know, all battle model textures have now been ripped. Thanks goes to Unaisis, Satoh, and cornettheory for their help!