Author Topic: What Part of Chrono Trigger Is the most epic to you?  (Read 2184 times)

brifye19

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • The black wind howls again...
    • View Profile
What Part of Chrono Trigger Is the most epic to you?
« on: May 26, 2008, 01:46:45 am »
So we know that Chrono Trigger is the best game ever, but what is it that really captivated you?

The game in itself brings out so many emotions especially when you play it now.

Older fans know what I am talking about. You know when you havent seen your best friend in years. It's close to the same feeling when playing this game.

So much emotion lies behind the nostalgia, let me know know what you think.

Patchy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: What Part of Chrono Trigger Is the most epic to you?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 02:54:59 am »
Oh, wow. I really can't think of one section in particular that strikes me as epic. Like you said, it brings out so many emotions throughout.

The one I'll have to name, while not epic in the sense of guns-a-blazing action, is when you leave Robo to plant Fiona's forest in 600 A.D.. The way it unfolds where you just drop him off, hop in the epoch, plow through time, and then re-emerge ~400 years later to pick him up really encapsulated the magnitude of time and put its power into pespective for me.

While I cant remember Robo's exact quote, I know it was something to the tune of 'it was just a short trip for you, but for me it was four-hundred long years.'

While the Chrono series firmly established my attachment to the theme of Time (one look at my house will proove this), this scene in particular emphasises it.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 12:48:28 pm »
It's been almost two years since the time I first played Chrono Trigger, and it STILL holds my interest so darn badly even though there are so many darn cool games out there. XD And none of them are even close enough to be compared with CT.

The most epic scene?  :lol:Tell me of a scene which ISN'T! I like every little part of it, no matter what anybody says! Sure, it may have some minor flaws. But ya know what I'm talkin about. ;3 Righteously following Marle through the portal despite not knowing her well enough, gathering friends across time who witness their dying future and fight till the end, young lad who lost the only friend he had, emerging anonymously, holding a legendary sword and saving his kingdom anonymously, a mere child who was thrown across time and became powerful (and evil) with vengeance and not a tears down his cold eyes despite the pain in his heart, the survival of the fittest, the sacrifice for friends (Geez, did he seriously think he'd go SUPER SAIYAN?! XD), painful memories and changing time for their sake, blah blah, etc. :P Lol! A game like that is a great inspiration for a novelist like me!

brifye19

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • The black wind howls again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 12:37:09 am »
For me It was like a breath of fresh air. Up until 2 years ago I hadnt played the game in like 8 years so when I was playing the game and first listened to the wind theme in 600 AD the feeling was like no other. There is only a very select few games that can do that for me. Chrono Trigger is Def at the top of my book. Imagine my surprise when I found this site! This is a brotherhood I couldn't believe the stuff that was in this site Temporal Flux, just greatness Still need to learn how to work it but I have alot of learning to do anyhow. I'm going to school for computer Programming So I'm sure I'll learn alot of stuff on the way up.

Chrono Trigger Will Remain forever; unless lavos comes to destroy,lol

Chrono Trigger Pwns Lives Daily!!!

radicalblues

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 05:24:02 pm »
When you first get to Zeal (Enhasa). Awesome.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 07:39:56 pm »
When I first fought Magus I was just in awe.  As I walked up the corridor, the torches lit with my approach.  And there he was.

EPIC BATTLE ENSUES.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 12:59:45 am »
Whenever I am on newgrounds and see some great remixes of CT songs on their audio portal... I get this melancholy feeling and butterflies in my stomach. FF7 is the only other game that has this impact on me....

Wonder why I can't wait on Crimson Echoes?

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 01:13:53 am »
Ok the most epic part starts when you see thoughs birds and balloons go into the sky and and ends when you see the planet with stars behind it saying "The End". That was awesome.

mr.redskins

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 02:31:32 am »
When Chrono DIed.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 03:31:41 pm »
When I first fought Magus I was just in awe.  As I walked up the corridor, the torches lit with my approach.  And there he was.

EPIC BATTLE ENSUES.

I definitely agree. Not just that boss, but the walk-ups to a lot of bosses were epic. Especially Queen Zeal. Seeing the clones in the pods and then the broken Mammon Machine behind her.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 05:47:15 pm »
I think those be holograms, not clones...but it's debatable (and has been previously)...

Anyways...epic moments...hmm...

Marle's 1st disappearance...Going through the gate for the 1st time...Marle's 2nd disappearance...Seeing Lavos' 1999AD awakening for the first time in 2300AD via the computer...Either of the TOIE animations of Robo (cause Robo's so badass not even THEY can ruin him!)...I thought the Flea battle was pretty epic when she turns the battleground into that neat space background...but definitely the 1st Magus fight (& yes, those blue flames were great atmosphere)...The Fall of Zeal...Either Magus joining the party or the 2nd Magus fight (w/either Frog or Marle really, idc if it isn't Frog, since Magus is insulting Crono, you'd think it'd be more of a sore subject for Marle anyways...but that's debatable I guess)...The Rise of the Black Omen...Ozzie's Fort final battle w/Ozzie (just for pure hilarity...kitty~!!)...Black Omen final battle w/both of Zeal's forms (especially if you take up Magus)...and the final battles w/Lavos, of course...The Balloon Ending...the ending where you get to see awesome long hair Glenn...uhhh...probably more I can't think of right now...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 06:06:25 pm by V_Translanka »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 09:21:18 pm »
Oh man.  I forgot all about the hologram/clone versions of Crono and friends within the bowels of the Black Omen...

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 09:55:56 pm »
I think those be holograms, not clones...but it's debatable (and has been previously)...

Where? That was one bit that stuck out and never was explained.

Avalon

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Once and Future King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 11:28:52 pm »
Any part with Frog being awesome. Particularly the scene when he cuts into the mountain.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 06:47:27 am »
Whenever I am on newgrounds and see some great remixes of CT songs on their audio portal... I get this melancholy feeling and butterflies in my stomach.
LMAO TOTALLY!! xD You've got no idea how many CT/other games remixes I've got stored on my Cell phone! *listens to Magus Midnight and Schala remix*