Author Topic: The Fall of Guardia... Did it even happen?  (Read 2045 times)

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
The Fall of Guardia... Did it even happen?
« on: February 27, 2008, 06:00:37 pm »
Ok, this may sound dumb, but I'd like to discuss the Fall of Guardia. The only ACTUAL proof that it happened is that anime FMV right? Well, here's the problem.

In the PSX version of Trigger, you only get that FMV if you beat Lavos while CRONO IS DEAD. Maybe this implies that Guardia would have fallen if Crono would have died, but maybe there was no Fall of Guardia when Crono became king when he married Marle.

I hope you understand my reasoning. Did the Fall of Guardia actually happen, or was that cutscene just an example of what would have happened if Crono wouldn't have made it?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: The Fall of Guardia... Did it even happen?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 06:07:43 pm »
Wait, I thought you only get that cut scene on a New Game +?

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 06:11:33 pm »
Didn't they just replace the gameplay-moments with the cutscenes?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 03:02:31 am »
Quote from: Dark Serge
Maybe this implies that Guardia would have fallen if Crono would have died

Um, I'm pretty sure that's wrong because the Fall of Guardia anime cutscene plays right after the Wedding/Finding Kid anime cutscene...

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 09:28:48 am »
You sure? I never fully played the PSX version so I can't be sure, but I thought you could only get that Fall of Guardia movie when you beat Lavos without getting Crono back.

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
  • "Reality is irrelevant; Perception is everything."
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 06:41:25 am »
You sure? I never fully played the PSX version so I can't be sure, but I thought you could only get that Fall of Guardia movie when you beat Lavos without getting Crono back.

I have fully played the PSX version, and Fall of Guardia plays, Crono or no.

ggy128

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 08:02:52 pm »
the kingdom of Guardia fall but the true question is was Guardia kingdom rebuild? after all in chrono trigger in 2300 exist a decendent of nadia  and of course in chrono cross in several part are reference of Guardia kingdom so the Guardia Kingdom fall but it appear that someone rebuilt it

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 10:11:14 pm »
Deviant, that is a brilliant face-palm image.

the kingdom of Guardia fall but the true question is was Guardia kingdom rebuild? after all in chrono trigger in 2300 exist a decendent of nadia  and of course in chrono cross in several part are reference of Guardia kingdom so the Guardia Kingdom fall but it appear that someone rebuilt it

You're assuming that the fall of guardia coincided with the destruction of guardia. That might have been the case, but we actually don't have any evidence to support such a clam. As you noted, in CC Guardia is referenced, so in all likelihood it either remains a free but significantly weakened state (perhaps like Germany after WWI or WWII) or perhaps it is a vassal state to Porre.

I don't think anyone's saying that Guardia doesn't exist at all, just that the government that was present in CT probably isn't. To offer a comparitive example from the real world, even when Germany invaded France, France still existed as it is both a country and a region.

ggy128

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 11:43:50 pm »
I highly doubt the existence of a weak guardia state first the rulers are gone Guardia castle no longer exist even the ruins are destroyed and when an empire attack another reign usually the empire destroy everything and put his own rulers (like roman empire for example greek is know not for being a reign Greek is know like a province in that time  or egipt  it also know like a province of the roman empire so probably that Guardia kingdom fall and it was  destroyed and in WW II Germany was defeated but no one take control of the country so my theory is that Guardia kingdom was rebuilt because in the Video [when you died against lavos ( see that ending in chrono trigger)] the operator and supervisor are too similar with Guardia guards. Now theoretical if some one rebuilt Guardia kingdom the problem is where because porre dominate zenan but all of us remember the whirlpool it a possibility that many people escape from the attack of porre and it seems that medina had good relationship with Guardia because truce had planed built a ferry. so medina people help truce people offering a safe land but soon the  people  truce people began to rebuild Guardia kingdom and the place of the new kingom would be near of melchor house, now in the video you can see a great building in Ex melchor house and this building  itīs not like a comun dome like truce so there is a chance  that dome could be the new Guardia castle,but is just a theory

sorry for my grammatic English is not my native language
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memento, quia pulvis es et in pulverem reverteris

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 02:59:10 am »
Quote from: ggy128
sorry for my grammatic English is not my native language

You don't say! :lol:

Quote from: ggy128
first the rulers are gone Guardia castle no longer exist even the ruins are destroyed

I don't know how much sense that makes...I mean, why completely destroy a perfectly usable castle? The Fall doesn't imply the destruction...It sounds more like it's just the end of that era of their rule. When you take over your enemy, it's best to use their fortifications, their provisions, their troops, and their people or whatever...this is total victory! Unless I'm remembering Sun Tsu's The Art of War wrong...V_V

ggy128

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 12:53:38 pm »
but in 1999 Guardia castle iīt gone  but It make perfectly sense using guardia castle as a fortification but in human history  we are a little barbaric after all roman empire destroy all Jerusalem, alejandro magno burnt the whole city (i donīt remember the city name, sorry) because he was drunk and decided just burnt it  and the mongols also destroy every city.
in  the end  maybe  porre decided destroy Guardia Kingdom that mean put his own government but keep the castle as a fortification so in that part Iīm agree with you but itīs possible that in the future someone attack porre and destroy Guardia castle in the process and that explain why in 1999 Guardia castle do not exist

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 04:51:30 pm »
Well, yeah, but architecture obviously took a turn in K-1 somewhere between 1000~1999...I mean, all those dome structures? Perhaps there was even a NEED to change that we aren't privy to...I mean, is the castle in Choras in 1999 either? Or any of the same buildings?

ggy128

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 05:08:06 pm »
 well that true b but in the case of choras is quite different because  chorasīcastle is abandoned, no one took care for that castle but in the case of Guardia maybe in time porre  could  declare Guardia castle a national monument because  no one will destroy such a beautiful castle,  Guardia  castle survive 1000 year and 2 wars so I doubt that some one will destroy it becouse is almost a sin destroyed something like that itīs like to destroy Cairo pyramids, roman coliseum, or the statue of liberty but sure some freak can destroy a castle for build something better there are plenty  morons in this world

In My free Time ( Yeah finally i have plenty of free time ) I made  a world where guardia won (1999)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Memento, quia pulvis es et in pulverem reverteris
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 09:32:03 pm by ggy128 »