Author Topic: Project Kid  (Read 1384 times)

9900giljerky

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Project Kid
« on: May 24, 2008, 04:40:59 am »
The recrudescence of Lavos seems to be implemented by Kid’s existence, after Cross; she’s an offspring of not only Schala, but of Lavos as well. Why would Belthasar’s plan involve an inheritance of Lavos, when its power can potentially destroy all of humanity? Is there a greater evil amidst, that needs vanquishing? Oh, Mr. Kato, please tell us… :lol:

Satoh

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
Re: Project Kid
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 02:49:42 am »
I don't think I've ever seen that word before.... recrudescence...?

Either way, I don't believe Lavos really had any influence on Kid. Kid is partially a clone and partially a daughter... though as I understood the game's wording, she's simply a clone of Schala that ended up as a baby rather than inheriting Schala's maturity (like clones in CT).

In a sense, Schala created Kid as an image of herself that was still innocent and pure.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 10:55:36 am »
The Compendium is a great place for vocabulary building. "Recrudescence" is a "renewal of something unhealthy" according my Webster's dictionary. I think I first came across that word in The Plague by Albert Camus, but didn't know quite what it meant back then other than that it had a negative connotation. Kudos to 9900giljerky for making me look it up finally.

As for the topic of this thread, my understanding of the matter is closer to Satoh's, that Schala created Kid in a last-ditch effort to make some part of herself separate from Lavos before she goes all schizoid from Lavos' influence.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 11:42:17 am »
I think I first came across that word in The Plague by Albert Camus, but didn't know quite what it meant back then other than that it had a negative connotation. Kudos to 9900giljerky for making me look it up finally.

Ah, The Plague. From that I also learned that truck is apparently also a verb that has nothing to do with big rigs, truckers, or the sort. It took me quite some time to be willing to willing truck with the idea that "truck" could appear in a legitimate academic discourse. That book has all sorts of odd words and such uses (and it's easier to read that most books with the same).

As for Project Kid, Kid is Schala's daughter-clone. That title implies that Kid is no more "Lavos" than Schala ever was. Of course, all humans supposedly have Lavos' taint.

Now if you really want to ponder something, that game script from CC implies that the battle with the Time Devourer just determined its course of evolution; not its demise. It might still exist, evolving in a different way from the Time Devouring being that Belthasar feared.

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 05:25:41 pm »
Doesn't the Time Devourer disolve in a very Safer Sephiroth-y manner? (its polygons separate and shrink into oblivion... Leaving only Schala)

And as a quick side-note, about the Zealians dying their hair... It seems some people don't really believe it despite it being stated in the JP version... (though it says enlightened ones).

Simply put, who says it isn't a magic based dye? Thus if you run out of energy your hair reverts to its natural color, (as many people seem to be more happy with that explanation)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 06:21:29 pm »
Yeah, I thought Belthasar's idea to use the Chrono Cross was to seperate Schala & obliterate the Lavos components from further existence...

About the hair dye...I thought we found out that it was completely made up & not in either script at all...>_>

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 06:31:00 pm »
About the hair dye...I thought we found out that it was completely made up & not in either script at all...>_>

I may have simply overlooked that... You'll have to forgive my memory, I've been here for... what, a day(?) and I've read most of the theories and explanations pages... so... I could have easily forgotten a few details.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 06:43:24 pm »
Well, you can always check out the scripts themselves, as I think I suggested in another thread you made...

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 08:04:56 pm »
It's still not sure whether the script was changed in the Japanese PSX version (besides the obvious, button names).

radicalblues

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 01:18:20 pm »
Isn't there a rumor-control section in the compendium?

If no, there you go a new mission :P start with the retranslation team checking up PSX version dialogues.

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 07:23:22 pm »
I realize I'm new and I've screwed up a few theories already, but that's what the FAQ is for ne?

Perhaps some of the entries are less clear than they could be... (simply one more reason I botched my hair dye comment...maybe?)