Poll

Okay, you guys. Who would win in a free-for-all?

Crono (CT)
12 (35.3%)
Cloud (FF7)
0 (0%)
Sephiroth (FF7)
8 (23.5%)
Magus (CT)
7 (20.6%)
Serge (CC)
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: CT-CC-FF7  (Read 9058 times)

Hmstr1hom

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: CT-CC-FF7
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 11:35:55 pm »
That's exactly what I am saying! Sephiroth owns n00bcakes!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 11:37:38 pm »
Plus, Cloud's mind growth rate is actually only that of a 14 year old, or so I recall from the game. He's no second rate angst filled teen, he is an angst filled teen.

I'm so glad that someone else has pointed this out.  I mean, Cloud (and Zack) were cryogenically frozen for several years, thus his body may have grown, but his mine remained the same - a teenager.  I always wondered about the whole 21-year old body with a 15-year old mentality.

NOTE: The ages above are approximates and most likely incorrect.

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 11:55:56 am »
So even though Cloud has beaten Sephiroth twice, he would somehow not only lose to Sephiroth, but also to the CT gang, who also apparently lose to Sephiroth...?

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 05:38:55 pm »
I'm so glad that someone else has pointed this out.  I mean, Cloud (and Zack) were cryogenically frozen for several years, thus his body may have grown, but his mine remained the same - a teenager.  I always wondered about the whole 21-year old body with a 15-year old mentality.

NOTE: The ages above are approximates and most likely incorrect.

Cloud's ages as follows:

21 in body
14 in mind
2 where it counts. And that's being generous I bet.

I have to admit, FF7 was my favorite out of the series, but I stopped liking cloud when I hit Eight years old, so he went to the graveyard of childhood heroes along with Indiana Jones and Sailor Moon.

Though I am looking forward to the new Indie movie...

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 06:17:13 pm »
So even though Cloud has beaten Sephiroth twice, he would somehow not only lose to Sephiroth, but also to the CT gang, who also apparently lose to Sephiroth...?

Apparently. Sephy is bishounen, after all, and apparently a lot of people aren't able to resist that raw ambiguous sex appeal. Either that or they're judging him by that impossibly long longsword of his.

Hmm... now the real question is, who would win in a battle, Sephiroth or Pat?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 06:21:20 pm by Thought »

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 07:02:12 pm »

Apparently. Sephy is bishounen, after all, and apparently a lot of people aren't able to resist that raw ambiguous sex appeal. Either that or they're judging him by that impossibly long longsword of his.

Hmm... now the real question is, who would win in a battle, Sephiroth or Pat?

Pat, hands down.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 07:10:30 pm »
Sephiroth should have prevailed in Advent Children. A split-second realization that you care about your friends does not equip you to defeat a flying demi-god.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 07:15:03 pm »
Sephiroth should have prevailed in Advent Children. A split-second realization that you care about your friends does not equip you to defeat a flying demi-god.

Indeed.

In fact, I've always hated Seph bashers, because it wasn't really him, it was Jenova controlling him, as she did Cloud several times. Besides, Sephiroth stabs Cloud straight in the fucking shoulder, yet he can still move with ease.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 08:28:21 pm »
But just think of what would've happened HAD Sephiroth won in Advent Children... Oh me oh my!

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 08:29:27 pm »
But just think of what would've happened HAD Sephiroth won in Advent Children... Oh me oh my!

True, but still. Cloud cheated.

Avalon

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Once and Future King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 12:41:10 am »
I read somewhere that Sephiroth wasn't fighting at his full potential... which, based on the above statements, could be taken as true (Though given that it was likely his last chance to win as far as he could tell, that could only really count as another knock against him personality wise.) Like I said, In terms of Raw power, Sephiroth wins, but as others have pointed out numerous times ("Cloud has beaten Seph twice.") Raw power doesn't always win battles. I voted for him since I can't use the unknowns like a story writer can. I'm certain that plot would determine the winner of any battle between these five. (which incidentally invalidates my choice of Sephiroth, ironically.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 01:17:36 am by Avalon »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 02:43:44 am »
Lavos is obviously the most powerful opponent any of them (Crono & Magus) has defeated...You could bring up the Devourer of Time to say that means Serge actually fought the most powerful being among them, but he just used the Chrono Cross like a puss. :P

Yeah, speaking of which...Kefka could totally take out a large portion of them w/the Light of Judgement...

^_^

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 03:19:03 am »
Lavos is obviously the most powerful opponent any of them (Crono & Magus) has defeated...You could bring up the Devourer of Time to say that means Serge actually fought the most powerful being among them, but he just used the Chrono Cross like a puss. :P

Yeah, speaking of which...Kefka could totally take out a large portion of them w/the Light of Judgement...

^_^

Hey what if you finish Cross at the start with only Serge in new game +. He and Crono could became even stronger.
but i don't know if there is new game + in FF7.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 12:21:02 pm »
If we take into account the Kingdom Heart games, then Ol Sephy's been defeated 4 times, twice by a pre-teen with a 2 or 3 foot long wiffle-bat-like-key who hangs around a duck with a speech impediment and a mutant dog thing that uses a shield as a weapon. Does Arthur Dent have to whip Sephiroth's ass with a towel next? Perhaps a Care Bare Stare?

To note, having an out of control Oedipus complex does not make one a demi-god.

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008, 03:46:39 pm »

Indeed.

In fact, I've always hated Seph bashers, because it wasn't really him, it was Jenova controlling him, as she did Cloud several times. Besides, Sephiroth stabs Cloud straight in the fucking shoulder, yet he can still move with ease.

The FFVII Ultimania guide says that it is Sephiroth that was controlling Jenova I thought...

But it is true that Sephiroth wasn't fighting with his full power in AC, unfortunately at the end of FFVII, it sure as hell seemed like he was fighting with everything he had.

And come to think of it, V_Translanka is right, Lavos is the most powerful opponent any of them ever fought, hell, could Cloud or Sephiroth even beat Zeal? A hallation vs Heartless Angel.