Author Topic: is G4 just a bunch of dumb shits?  (Read 2440 times)

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
is G4 just a bunch of dumb shits?
« on: May 17, 2008, 11:05:16 pm »
Well, they are good for E3 that i will get to see for the first time this year.. oh goodies!

ANYWAY, this pisses me off. Now it seems they are completely biased on FF7. I watched a review on Crisis Core and is all they did for the 5 minutes was point out the flaws to give it a 2/5 stars... just for the faults...

Stuff like this shows when you have a dumb writer or producer... They honestly need to get better producers.

Maybe the IGN guys should do it, they know how to review

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
Re: is G4 just a bunch of dumb shits?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 11:13:02 pm »
Don't go trashing all of G4; x-Play sold out. Blame them for your misfortune.

Also, I have to side with them on the Crisis Core review. It was just filler dressed up with some new characters and CGI cutscenes. It's been done, and it's been done far better. Instead of looking at it like "Oh, it says Final fantasy VII. It HAS to be good", take care in noticing the actual falts it has as a game, not just an installment in your favorite series. And this is coming from an FFVII fanboy as well.

Think about when Brawl hit the shelves; everyone was so excited, as was I. But their ARE faults in the game, like the camera zooming out way too far and the fact that you have to play the entire single player mode to unlock all the characters.

I mean, seriously, after playing 10 hours of the SE, fuck Solid Snake, I should get Bill Friggin' Murray.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 11:14:59 pm by x_XTacTX_x »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 11:45:40 pm »
Yeah, I haven't played Crisis Core, so I can't give a review...but I don't see anything flawed w/their review of it...from what flaws they mention, it looks like it deserves a 2 outta 5...I've always liked Adam Sessler since back in the Extended Play days...and Morgan Webb likes Chrono Trigger! FTW!?!

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 12:07:44 am »
Haha, I remember extended play! Back when It was on tech TV.

YA< N MORGIN WEB IS HOTT BOXXORZ. xD

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 12:15:45 am »
Only thing I like on G4, is Ninja Warrior. I mean, it's supposed to be a damn game and electronics channel, and yet they have Cops on for like 60% of the time.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 12:31:05 am »
It's because programmers like to actually have programs to be able to run during those times when their main shows aren't on (go figure)...before they'd just cycle through old eppys, which is nice in it's own way I guess...but also completely lame in another...& who else is gonna syndicate Cops? :P

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 12:37:59 am »
Am I the only one who only watches the Ninja Warrior Women episodes?

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 01:43:14 am »
Am I the only one who only watches the Ninja Warrior Women episodes?

Yes.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 02:25:12 am »
Ninja Warrior is neat, sure, and maybe X-Play is okay when Morgan Manjaw isn't being a fuckface. Other than that, I avoid that channel like the plague. Cops, Cheaters, and the other stuff (and the fact that it freely admits pandering by using sexy models as TV hosts) make it the ultimate white trash channel. Maybe white trash with a tinge of nerd zest.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 02:48:54 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
and the fact that it freely admits pandering by using sexy models as TV hosts

Did you really need them to admit that? Besides Morgan Webb (holdover from Tech TV) & Blair Butler (easily G4's best cast addition), it's fairly obvious that they aren't actually into gaming or any of it...and their pretend/"acting" enthusiastic about it is most of the time just horrible.

The Breakfast Club episode of X-Play really made me see Attack of the Show!'s (G4's The Screen Savers) host Kevin Pereira (yar, he was on Tech TV too) in a new light & turned me on to AotS, which, even though Olivia Munn is clearly one of those model hosts who just reads the scripts like a robot, is a pretty decent show.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 04:27:06 am »
I just don't like the shows on the channel except ninja warrior. Back when it was tech TV I did, good ol' Screensavers, Extended play/X-play, TechLive, unscrewed with Martin Sargent. That channel had it all along with Anime Unleashed.

The only good addition by G4 was ninja warrior and cinematech, one of which was ruined and now not even on air I think.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 12:21:49 pm »
One thing about G4 I dont like nowadays is how they're trying to make everything "Interactive". It's like it's not even television anymore... I can see how it might be a good thing but seriously, I don't need to break every 5 minutes to see what some fat middle aged guy in nebraska has to say about the new iron Man movie, catch my drift?

Another annoying thing, but I can't really blame G4 for starting it, is the little bar at the bottom of the screen that'll scroll various news topics. I'll try to watch the actual show, and Then I'll get sucked into it and miss some really damn important (or the other way around). I remember, I was watching AOTS and they were doing the Jack Thompson interview rerun, which caught my attention, and then I missed something on the scrollbar that was about MGS4. Pissed me off...

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 01:54:07 pm »

Hahahahahahaha, oh your serious let me laugh at your stupidity harder. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 01:57:00 pm »

Hahahahahahaha, oh your serious let me laugh at your stupidity harder. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, if you want to talk about Biased reviews, IGN is your source. xD And don't forget Nintendo Power.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 11:39:00 pm »
Don't go trashing all of G4; x-Play sold out. Blame them for your misfortune.

Also, I have to side with them on the Crisis Core review. It was just filler dressed up with some new characters and CGI cutscenes. It's been done, and it's been done far better. Instead of looking at it like "Oh, it says Final fantasy VII. It HAS to be good", take care in noticing the actual falts it has as a game, not just an installment in your favorite series. And this is coming from an FFVII fanboy as well.

Think about when Brawl hit the shelves; everyone was so excited, as was I. But their ARE faults in the game, like the camera zooming out way too far and the fact that you have to play the entire single player mode to unlock all the characters.

I mean, seriously, after playing 10 hours of the SE, fuck Solid Snake, I should get Bill Friggin' Murray.

Whoa whoa ff7 fanboy I think not.... in other forums I have pointed out many faults on the ff7 boys.

Ugghh some of the dialogue and especially how AC was to dark of a world or other stuff. I have the game and meh I think that X-play is a bunch of sellouts... I mean the guys even reviewed Paper Mario and TTYD shitty.

Come on now you know that the writers are joking.

I'll stick to IGN.

I agree I don't have G4 but the G4 on demand on my tv shows way to much interactivity... like a demo reel of GTA 4... The girl just ran around saying how pretty the graphics were... shut up cut to the game screen and show me some f*$$%%% missions damnit!