Author Topic: Porre and Guardia: An Exhaustive and Exhausting Analysis  (Read 8774 times)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Porre and Guardia: An Exhaustive and Exhausting Analysis
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2008, 10:15:00 am »
Don't let my analysis stop you from your own! None of this is canon, everything is still up for debate.

Though, as a side note, I'm out of school so I not longer get those nice summer vacations. Hence, I am always busy with sometime and in turn always slow on everything.

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2008, 11:25:35 pm »
Don't let my analysis stop you from your own! None of this is canon, everything is still up for debate.

Though, as a side note, I'm out of school so I not longer get those nice summer vacations. Hence, I am always busy with sometime and in turn always slow on everything.

So, you are already working, huh? Oh well, long ways to go for me... And, i think i'll just wait for your analysis. I am rather busy too, and the first wave of exams are coming..

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2008, 09:47:11 pm »
Don't Masa and Mune get a say in the matter? They are better guards of the blade than Guardia could offer.
Hasn't it been said that Masa and Mune don't really give a hoot what they're used for, so anyone's will can be used to good or evil ends? The fact that they don't "guard" themselves also led to their in-game corruption, and could explain why they're referred to as demonic...

And you've also hit on one of the problems with Chrono Cross; Project Kid, as presented by Belthasar, is too complex and exacting to be believable.
Especially considering he did it all without even talking to the former cast about it, even though they have tons of experience fighting the very creature he was working against. Just... WHAT? Old guy's nuts, no matter the timeline, that's the only explanation.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2008, 01:40:52 am »
Yeah I always found that guy weird in Chrono Cross especially. First time you see him in Viper Manor's Library. Well, the first time I played I didn't realize who we was, since he was so out of place and it was ages since I played CT, but after learning that and the entire CC story I got kinda pissed off with him. He acts like he doesn't know jack and like a senile old guy. Like that line after the fight with Marcy: "Ho ho ho, I did not think you would be able to defeat Marcy." I really had something like: "Yeah right, that's why you created this entire damn project".

But anyway enough about him  :D

yujinishuge

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2008, 01:39:32 pm »
An interesting read, but we all know now that when Dalton was sucked into his own portal he arrived in 1000 AD  and somehow entered the dimensional vortex whereupon he lost again to Crono's crew.  Then he vowed to build up a military in Porre.  Thus 99% of your speculation is false.  Porre was not already militant (Dalton made them that way).  He may have had several of Balthasar's plans for the blackbird, the Epoch some Golems or something with him, or commited to memory.  Even if he didn't have charisma, remember Porre's Mayor is a selfish bastard, and would probably listen if Dalton wanted to make him a King.  (Assuming that your Jerky present to his ancestor doesn't have an effect on 20 generations of people).  Yea, he gave you back the sun stone, but that's cuz he didn't know how to use it.  Dalton could have promised him the world.

Porre is filled with liars and sneaks. From the Bastard Mayor to Tata. 

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2008, 01:49:12 pm »
Yeah I always found that guy weird in Chrono Cross especially. First time you see him in Viper Manor's Library. Well, the first time I played I didn't realize who we was, since he was so out of place and it was ages since I played CT, but after learning that and the entire CC story I got kinda pissed off with him. He acts like he doesn't know jack and like a senile old guy. Like that line after the fight with Marcy: "Ho ho ho, I did not think you would be able to defeat Marcy." I really had something like: "Yeah right, that's why you created this entire damn project".

But anyway enough about him  :D
It seems Lynx(or FATE) don't know what Belthasar looks like? Or he will recognize him in Viper Manor.
But that's strange, since Belthasar is the first curator of that research center.
Lynx:
   Dr. Lucca Ashtear...
   Unbelievably intelligent,
   and incredibly enthusiastic.
   You might even go so far as
   to call her a mad scientist.
   Of course I don't believe
   it was Lucca alone that
   devised this plan.
   I'm sure the first curator
   of this research center,
   a man named Belthasar,
   had a hand in it, too.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 01:51:24 pm by utunnels »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2008, 03:24:20 pm »
It's possible that he wasn't aware of Belthasar's presence there. It doesn't seem like Lynx has been in the manor for very long yet, and even if he were, there wouldn't be much reason for him to go to the library. I'm guessing the general just took Belthasar in as he though he would be a nice advisor or whatever. Actually, it's strange that Viper doesn't ever mention Belthasar himself. I think Lynx would know what Belthasar looks like.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2008, 03:31:04 pm »
Yeah, so that old guy is really lucky(or he will say of course,  that's also inside his plan.)

yujinishuge

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2008, 02:10:57 am »
DALTON DID IT!

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2008, 09:31:20 am »
DALTON DID IT!

WTF? What's the point behind this?

yujinishuge

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2008, 09:56:31 am »
DALTON DID IT!

WTF? What's the point behind this?

The thread title is speculation on the fall of Guardia and rise of Porre.  In CT DS, Dalton is responsible for that.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2008, 11:22:20 am »
True, but what real point was there in just shouting it out? I just as easily could have just replied saying "NO SHIT SHERLOCK" instead of asking for the point.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2008, 11:25:05 am »
Yeah Dalton did it. I think most of us know that by now. We're now at the point where we can speculate how he did it.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2008, 11:28:13 am »
Exactly. Any ideas for this thread?

yujinishuge

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2008, 11:41:52 am »
Well, the mayor was a greedy bastard, and Dalton may have had some scientific knowledge, etc.  He recognizes the Epoch on sight and says it matched Balthazar's design.