Author Topic: Crono's Age?  (Read 3994 times)

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
Crono's Age?
« on: May 03, 2008, 09:09:47 pm »
During the entire game, Crono's Age isn't stated even once.

When I was playing through it on the PSX, I felt as if the developers were trying to confuse my. At the start of the game, he get's an allowance from his mother, but at the end he gets married.

I'm sure that we can state he is young, due to the fact that he still lives at home. But during cutscenes, he looks quite mature.

Also, if you take a close look at certain art for Trigger, Crono looks like a young teenager, but in other parts resembles a grown man.

Any insight?

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
Re: Crono's Age?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 10:48:31 pm »
I always thought of him as 16 or 17. Probably more like 17. I think the whole thing took a little more than a year or maybe two so he was 18 by the end of the game.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 10:53:26 pm by ZealKnight »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 01:15:05 am »
I don't take into account any of the TOIE stuff as being canon really, myself...Otherwise there's just the chibi stuff that obviously can't be used to determine the ages of any of the characters really...Also, I don't think that even if he is fairly young that it would matter in his culture to get married...I mean, it's not like we know what the age restrictions are for the Chronoverse, right? It's just up in the air so people can relate to him & better put their own personalities (a cookie to whoever can tell me what word I'm looking for there) to the silent protagonist.

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
  • "Reality is irrelevant; Perception is everything."
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 02:23:14 am »
I don't take into account any of the TOIE stuff as being canon really, myself...Otherwise there's just the chibi stuff that obviously can't be used to determine the ages of any of the characters really...Also, I don't think that even if he is fairly young that it would matter in his culture to get married...I mean, it's not like we know what the age restrictions are for the Chronoverse, right? It's just up in the air so people can relate to him & better put their own personalities (a cookie to whoever can tell me what word I'm looking for there) to the silent protagonist.
The ageless works for any age.  It's like how there was an uproar about all the Final Fantasy's being about teenagers falling in love and that somehow made them save the world.  If there is no age, anyone from the young teens to the adults can relate.

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 02:32:28 am »
(a cookie to whoever can tell me what word I'm looking for there)
Appended? Into?  :cry: I want a cookie, dammit...

I meant this whole section here: "put their own personalities"...I might have meant something like "infuse" or something...idk...I didn't feel like making a whole new post just to explain this...so, yeah...there you have it...no cookie for you!
                                                                                                                                                     ~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 06:32:46 am by V_Translanka »

StormTR

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 12:32:33 am »
I have to agree with those that say 17. 17 at the start, and just turning 18 in the PSX ending seems to be sensible to me. And well, for what it's worth Serge I believe was 17 in Chrono Cross too.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 06:20:45 pm »
Serge was 18 but he never got an allowance plus he worked with the fisherman if i remember correctly.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 10:18:15 pm »
Serge was 18 but he never got an allowance plus he worked with the fisherman if i remember correctly.

Sorry bro, but the strategy guide and his actual status page on the in game menu states him as 17.

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 04:18:21 am »
Yeah, Serge was 17, and i also think that Chrono being 17 also, at the start of CT is pretty reasonable enough..

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 11:34:36 am »
Official sources call Crono a "teenager".

So late teens.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 12:58:07 pm »
I got married @ 19, so I'd say late teens, early 20s can be a reasonable assumption.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 01:24:43 pm by placidchap »

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 08:06:33 pm »
I'd have to end with at least 15.

But still, whenever I play the game I always feel he's 13 or 14.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 10:53:33 pm »
He's definately older then 13/14.  No teenager at that age has that huge of muscles...His facial structure is also more broader then a 13 or 14 year old.  He's at least 17 or 18.

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 11:16:44 pm »
He's definately older then 13/14.  No teenager at that age has that huge of muscles...His facial structure is also more broader then a 13 or 14 year old.  He's at least 17 or 18.

Yeah, he's 17-18, no doubt. .

I never really knew such a thing could be debated.  :?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 11:41:42 pm »
Well I think the game is purposely vague in stuff like this.  Just like how Crono is mute to allow you to better personify yourself through Crono, other venues (such as age) were probably left vague so you could likewise find a common theme.