Author Topic: Who's the hottest FF character?  (Read 3746 times)

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
Who's the hottest FF character?
« on: May 03, 2008, 01:24:20 am »

Uh, just in case someone stumbles in, I merged the male & female topics so that means people who post in this can be talking about either.
                                                                                                                                                     ~V_Translanka

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on this, in fact any Square game at all. My personal fav would be Tifa, you would think she was created by Joss Whedon himself. Plus as the topic says shes hot.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:45:47 am by V_Translanka »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Who's the hottest FF girl?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 02:07:30 am »
My vote has to go for Tifa as well, because she's the most psychologically complex heroine the Final Fantasy series has ever had IMO -- extremely well-written. Though I haven't played 12 yet, and was *anyone* psychologically complex in 11?

Runner up's Aeris, because she sacrificed herself for the world, and that's pretty hawt. Uh, that and...

She's just downright stylish in Advent Children. Gotta love the jacket. That's right, I was trying to point out the jacket! Get your minds outta the gutter...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 02:12:38 am by FaustWolf »

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 02:15:02 am »
That's right, I was trying to point out the jacket! Get your minds outta the gutter...
huh oh sorry I got distracted by those lustrous brunette curls.

EDIT: I am hoping this will end up being as successful "On Theism" or for you young members the "Oh no. Oh God no." threads, there is the potential.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 03:36:30 am by Kebrel »

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 03:18:49 am »
Selphie, Tifa, Ashe, Rinoa, Yuna, Rikku (FFX version for both of them) etc. (descending in hottness). Unfortunately, none of them are real.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 03:38:19 am »
Bleh, no Tifa. Complex? Not that I ever noticed. Anyway, I'll have to go for Celes. Her strength was always appealing in some way, a true heroine. She seemed less flashy than a lot of the rest, but had a certain inner fire that outmatched even the likes of Tifa.

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
  • "Reality is irrelevant; Perception is everything."
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 04:32:30 am »
The hottest FF girl, eh?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 12:28:32 pm »
Since Kebrel has invited us to get into extreme and possibly metaphysical argumentation by comparing this thread to the religion thread, I shall defend Tifa to the last.

Tifa stood by her man, and not in the same way Hillary did. Cloud was a freakin' nutcase; I think a lot of people would have dropped him like a hot rock, but Tifa supported him (hell, even pushed his wheelchair) until he was able to get his mind back in some semblance of order. That kind of dedication is lacking in many real-world relationships, and her example is something both men and women can look up to.

The reason why I describe Tifa as psychologically complex stems partly from her choice to lead Cloud on during the Nibelheim retelling in Kalm, rather than blurting out that he's a total schizoid who's imagining himself doing things he never accomplished. Tifa understood his delicate mental-emotional condition, and realized she might send him off the brink if she revealed what really happened -- though her choice came at the cost of truth, which is, itself, a heavy price to pay for protecting someone. Or is it?

Burning Zeppelin says none of these women are real. But does this depend on how one defines reality? Gravitons may be very real, yet we can't see them -- only their effects on the universe. Final Fantasy characters have affected people's lives -- inspiring them to write fanfiction, or draw awesome artwork like the ones d3viant has posted. In this way, could we say that videogame characters are more real than people who live in the Amazon forest, and lead whole lives full of free choice that nevertheless have no impact on the course of our lives? Note that I consider this a horrible, horrible thought for a number of humanistic reasons -- just playing Devil's advocate in an effort to spark some philosophical discussion. If this thread were all about who's got the most desirable body, it wouldn't be worthy of the Compendium forums.

Now for some of my fave depictions of Tifa:

...and some of my fave depictions of Aeris:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Who's the hottest FF guy?
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 12:59:13 pm »
Now I know most people who post at videogame forums are male, but men should not have to worry about appearing "gay" if they appreciate the aesthetic and other qualities of male characters -- and hence I would invite women to comment in Kebrel's thread for the same reason. And to boot, there's no problem with homosexuality in the first place; homophobia is a sexist relic of our ancestral past, and must be eschewed along with our other social imperfections. Or should it? Discuss.

In any case, I would have to say that Auron of FFX is the male FF character I admire most when I take all things into consideration. He's stylish all around, and his will is so strong that he has clung to life even after death. Nothing gets this guy down.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:46:01 am by FaustWolf »

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
Re: Who's the hottest FF guy?
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 01:29:38 pm »
Cid hands down, he is by far the most relistic man in any of them I have ever seen. He doesn't seek world reform, to know who he is, or uncover some secret plot. He wants to see the stars. Like @#!$ is anyone going to stop him.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 01:34:16 pm »
Excellent characterization of Cid -- I never viewed him that way before, but it's so true.

Molotov

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • SDA Chrono Cross page.
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 02:09:49 pm »
I hate to join the VII bandwagon (darn game), but I want to make my vote here: Yuffie. Yes, I am completely serious. Not Advent Children Yuffie, but the original version. The just fuglied her for Advent Children (not that I've watched that crap, only seen screenshots), so that stinks.

I suppose I'll go hide under a rock now, before I get killed by an angry mob.

[Edit for FaustWolf's post below]: I didn't say I "admired" her. I said she was hawt. :P
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 02:25:41 pm by Molotov »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 02:18:56 pm »
Admiration of Yuffie is justifiable. Wasn't she stealing all that materia for family honor...or something?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 03:12:19 pm »
There was an old thread the Burning Z had made, problem was it became a hentai thread.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 03:49:48 pm »
Lulu.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 04:24:43 pm »