Author Topic: Crimson Echoes SKELETON coding Finished  (Read 13023 times)

mr.redskins

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Echoes SKELETON coding Finished
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2009, 01:59:07 am »
Keep up the good work.

2005 and its now 2009:) :lee:h

arcaine91

• Iokan (+1)
  • Commanding Officer in the Black Hole Armed Forces.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2009, 01:19:27 am »
ummm... this may sound odd, but...

I am working on a crossover game using rpg2k3, and i wanted to incorporate a "chrono trigger 2" plot into the main story, but, well...

the plot ive got is decent, but it pales in comparison with crimson echoes. i wanted to ask...

if i ask really, really, really nicely, can you guys maybe kinda consider allowing me to use the echoes story when it's finished? ill abide by any rules or limits you establish, give full credit, and anything else you request. if you want, i can even post updates of my progress here, and i can always use a little extra help on this project.

pretty please?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2009, 03:59:58 pm »
You are probably more than welcome too, but just so you know, there are two more post-CE games in the works.  I am not working or associated with the CE game in the least bit, but I am involved in the two post-CE "Sequels".  I can't say much, but I do know that there are two more fangames in the works.

However, my PERSONAL view is the more the merrier.  I mean, there are multiple timelines in which the events could happen, and they could happen differently.  Just look at Radical Dreamers and Chrono Cross, for example.

But I should note that my opinion doesn't mean anything, seeing as how I'm not affiliated with CE.  You'll just have to wait until someone else comes in and chats with you about it.  :)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2009, 05:07:12 pm »
Heh, I'm not a member of the core CE team either, but arcaine91, they'll need to know more about what you have planned before they can make any kind of decision. If it's a cross-over, are you proposing that the basic situation in CE be used, but the events are going to be altered since characters from another videogame universe would somehow teleport into the Chronoverse?

arcaine91

• Iokan (+1)
  • Commanding Officer in the Black Hole Armed Forces.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2009, 08:14:04 pm »
the two major franchises involved would be the Chrono universe and the Kingdom Hearts universe. Both can fit together easily, since Kingdom Hearts features multiple worlds, each seemingly possessing its own laws of nature and time, and Chrono's "infinite parallel dimensions, infinite possibilities" premise allows me to take a good deal of leeway with the various franchises involved without damaging or interfering with canon. ive got ideas and a plot outline, but this is still just a concept project, and i'd like to try to get the support of the Chrono community before i commit. im still trying to decide what engine to use for the game, whether the chrono trigger engine or something else. if anyone has advice or suggestions, im listening! this is a fan game first and foremost, and it wouldnt be a very good one without fan input!

also, ive got the CE demo, and im at prehistory singing mountain, but do i really have to track down and kill all those listed on the inscription? in order?

man, i'm dumb-i can't even figure out what to do now.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 12:00:49 am by arcaine91 »

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2009, 09:39:42 pm »
From my experience websites that offer roms (not all of them obviously) can be a bit shady

Jp

Lol exactly like ... most of them are dark with yellow text and all kinds of stupid ads.... when your getting some weird ads on the sides and crap its... well it's pretty untrustworthy.

OH and to the guy who thinks my brother looks at those kind of sites... Lol ya right, next time don't say anything at all bud, you have no idea.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 08:22:32 pm »
If you are interested in helping we got a few new people with my last request but if you have skills with hacking/mapping/spriting it'll only make it go faster.

Let me know what sprite style you are using and perhaps a template and what you need done with sprites. I can only do characters though I have never tried tiling.

Chrono_Buff

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2009, 07:11:03 am »
I cant believe its almost done  :D :D :D :D ive been playing and replaying CT for 2years now(i know youre thinking wacko  but its one of the best games so far in my point of view compared to any age games)
i initially took a demo from a friend and i sensed a strong story in the back
i visited the site checked everything played magus`s game "Prophet Guile"(good side story)
cant wait for the full game

one really demanding question how much does it take to finish the game?
(its not necessary to answer im already asking to much)

Hurray:DHurray:DHurray:DHurray

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2009, 08:42:58 pm »
I cant believe its almost done  :D :D :D :D ive been playing and replaying CT for 2years now(i know youre thinking wacko  but its one of the best games so far in my point of view compared to any age games)

Heh.  I'd prolly beaten it a good 100 times before even the PS1 version came out.  It's just one of those games that I can always come back to.

Chrono_Buff

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2009, 06:00:17 am »

Heh.  I'd prolly beaten it a good 100 times before even the PS1 version came out.  It's just one of those games that I can always come back to.
yeah its that good and i have a feeling that CE`s gonna be even better
also if SE(a lot of people are gonna kill me for this) try to shut this down i will nuke them seriously they already canceled CT:R in 2004 and i only saw a video and i thought woohoo 3D CT

Blackened110

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2009, 02:34:36 pm »
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let you guys know that the skeleton code of Crimson Echoes has been finished.  I.E. I have played through the game start to finish without skipping chapters/ walking through walls etc. 

Please do not think this means the game will be released soon, there is still ALOT to do.  All of the battles and most of the text our "placeholders", we haven't added treasures, most of the maps need to be refinished, I want to expand alot of the dungeons, finalize music for specific places add some new sprite work.....

That being said this is a MAJOR milestone, alot of the above stuff can be done in parallel and just inserted later.  We've also gotten very organized so expanding dungeons is streamlined.  The project is moving like wildfire and well for the first time I see the light at the end of this long, long tunnel. 

Anywhos, During my last play through I took some pictures.  There may be some MILD spoilers in these I took effort to not take pictures of anything big but there may be NPC's in the background or something.

http://jpsondag.com/CE/

If you are interested in helping we got a few new people with my last request but if you have skills with hacking/mapping/spriting it'll only make it go faster.

Enjoy  :D

--JP

Awesome I saw the videos on youtube and it seems like an AMAZING game.  I kind of need help applying the patch to start the game. I was hoping that you can help me.  I Applied the headered patch to the original Chrono Trigger game and both files are in the same folder at the SNES emulator and I tried it with both SNES9 and ZSNES emulators but when I go to play the game it still says Invalid.  Can you tell me what I am doing wrong

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2009, 02:55:08 pm »
That's the demo; the game won't be released until April or May.

Blackened110

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2009, 06:59:41 pm »
I know that its the demo, but the other games like the Magus game and Chrono Trigger hard mode requires the same way to set it up, how do I set it up is what I am asking?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2009, 08:34:28 pm »
Only thing that I can think of is maybe a badly interleaved ROM. ZSNES's autopatcher may not be working, either. Try the unheadered, just in case.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2009, 09:15:04 pm »
Unheader it by loading the unpatched rom in Temporal Flux if it continues giving you problems.