Author Topic: Is Magus really all that cool?  (Read 108714 times)

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Re: Is Magus really all that cool?
« Reply #360 on: August 10, 2009, 04:58:55 am »
Topic: Is Magus really all that cool?

Yes. Simply yes. Magus is just that damn cool.

(...in other words.)

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 10, 2009, 06:12:09 am »
No.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #362 on: August 10, 2009, 06:21:29 am »
No.

How original! Funny how almost all of the negations of the thread title are only that one word (the ones that survived deletion, anyways) without any good evidence to back it up. The other 20+ pages speak to the contrary. ;) Yes, I know you just posted that because of my post in the Stuff You Love thread. I suppose, "No" is just your alternate way of saying, "Yes" then...:P

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 10, 2009, 01:08:33 pm »
i find that magus is an enjoyable character and he is very cool. he has some of the best lines in the game, glorious hair, and a pretty good backstory. but he certainly isnt the coolest character in the world.
who that is escapes my mind at the moment.  :(

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 10, 2009, 08:19:45 pm »

Overall, Magus is one the most enigmatic and profound characters in the game, even more so than Crono.

At least you get an understanding of how he came to be who he is in the game via his personal history.

We don't get that luxury with the silent hero, Crono.

In that sense, Magus is a cool character: exposition played through the proper channels of literary convention.

Leroy Octopus

• Iokan (+1)
  • Amazing Rockstar Cowboy Spaceship
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 11, 2009, 07:08:19 am »
I still mantain that Frog is cooler. No matter what you guys say.

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #366 on: August 11, 2009, 11:15:36 am »

Well, that's your prerogative. This is the Chrono Compendium after all, I'm sure you'll find a good bit of people who agree and disagree with you.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 11, 2009, 12:48:37 pm »

Well, that's your prerogative. This is the Chrono Compendium after all, I'm sure you'll find a good bit of people who agree and disagree
 with you.

That may be your opinion, Tordeal, but I disagree!

Seriously, I don't understand why this thread is still so active! Probably because it's a sticky, and whenever people see it they're like "Oooh! I WANNA SAY YES TOO!" or "What the fuck? No! No no no nononono! I have to post NOW!"

I like Magus' weapon. It's original without being lame, like carrots or pots n pans or something (examples of lame originality).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:31:14 pm by Mr Bekkler »

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 11, 2009, 03:31:07 pm »
I think this thread should be fun for the Magus haters too

Note: We didn't just talk about Magus for hours on end, there were lots of in-between conversations and I edited huge chunks out to be Compendium relevant. Frawg = Frog

Warning: Cusses, Sexual Content, Magus Abuse

~~~
Myshu: (Ah shit, Magus has... reverted to a wee childe and started weeping, like a fagson)
Myshu: (Stop crying boy)
DK: lmao a FAGSON?
DK: so offensive
DK: so offensive
* Myshu off the cuff
L_Cully: Magus is a fagson whether he weeps or not.
L_Cully: God I hate Magus
L_Cully: I wish he would burst
DK: lmao I hope magus gets acid in his eye
maggiekarp: DK can you write a story where Magus gets acid in his eye and it has to be replaced by one of Robo's eyes
L_Cully: I hope Magus accidentally inhales a lot of red pepper.
maggiekarp: but Robo hates him so much he makes everything look like Schala's bloated corpse
Rydia: MK you're just trying to offload your drawing responsibilities on DK in the form of writing
SaintNick: why would they waste one of Robo's eyes? They'd just steal a button, or something absurdly watery from a taxedermy shop
Myshu: That's fuckin' morbid, man
~~
DK: Magus squealed like a burning rabbit as Lucca's DeathPenis(TM) Syringe dildo unleashed a torrential font of iris-melting fury. "THAT'S FOR CALLING MY MOM LARA STUMPTEAR!" she howled, running off into the night, tears streaming down her face, hypodermic donger wagging in front of her like a reverse puppy tail that was also a syringe full of acid because she has sexual problems.
maggiekarp: yessss
Myshu: lmao the trademark symbol
DK: It had to be done, cheap Porre knockoffs will flood the market
DK: I hope Magus gets so hungry he has to eat plants he just finds growing around, and those plants are poison ivy.
maggiekarp: "Dalton's back and he has two eyepatches for some reason" "Porre sucks bros, just sayin"
DK: I hope Magus gets a real bad UTI.
maggiekarp: I hope Magus turns Frawg back into a humawn and they have wacky roadtrip adventures :)
DK: I hope the red dust Magus inhaled during the events at the ocean palace give him a kidney dreamstone and everyone forces him to pass it so Melchior can use it as a weapon and he's giving birth to it swaddled in sweat-soaked sheets and everyone's laughing real hard.
SaintNick: I hope Magus has to buy a car, and it's a used Kia Rio, and the seatbelts fail/
Mozz_Sherman: Magus: The engine likes to flood
Mozz_Sherman: the car always [HONNNNK!]ing stalls
DK: I hope magus gets roofing tar all over his genitalia somehow and has to explain it to his companions
Mozz_Sherman: and the driver's seat has a big rip so a spring always pokes me balllls
Mozz_Sherman: OUCH OUCH OUCH
Mozz_Sherman: I hope someting unpleasant happens to Magus's physical form.
SaintNick: I hope Magus finally finds someone who likes him, just so he has someone he feels like he needs to explain the roofing tar to.
maggiekarp: there were a lot of naked parties in CT, nothing to do with liking
SaintNick: And the roofing tar is just the last straw, so that kind soul calls him a tarbaby, sticks a piece of litter to his junk, and storms off over the unmowed grass.
Mozz_Sherman: and/or bullies him into eating litter
Mozz_Sherman: !quote *litter
Snewman: #361: <DK> Listen, it's crunchy.  Don't knock it until you've tried it. | <Jerm> (DK doesn't actually eat cat litter) | <DK> Uh... yes I do, actually.
DK: I hope Magus gets a winning lottery ticket and feels his spirits rise because now he can finally invest in that Zeal-and-Alfador-and-dead-sister themed miniature Chronogolf course he's been dreaming about since he first felt Ozzie's lash. But it turns out that he mistread it and the 7 was actually a 9 that he scraped too hard, so he wins nothing and he cries that night eating cold beans from the can in a pair of soiled underwear.
SaintNick: DK you're not fooling anyone, that was an episode of My Name is Earl
DK: I think that was every episode of My Name is Earl
Mozz_Sherman: if you add Jaime Pressly being white-trash, yes.
~~~
L_Cully: oh hehe i started a meme with magus ill-wishes.
L_Cully: yay
SaintNick: Someone tell this cigarette to pour me another drink.
DK: I hope Magus meets a woman who he really thinks he's impressing but at the end of the night she puts a cigarette out on his tongue
maggiekarp: I hope Magus gets amnesia and starts wearing a lot of chest-exposing shirts :)
DK: I hope Magus loses a nipple in a horrible fishing accident.
L_Cully: TCH ONLY 8 REVIEWS FOR THE STORY I POSTED TWO HOURS AGO?
L_Cully: that's only 4 reviews per hour
SaintNick: I hope Magus meets a woman, but decides to miss out on a one night stand on the idea that he can turn it into a more meaningful relationship. He wakes the next morning to find the pocket with her number soaked clean through with his own urine, and the urine of several others.
L_Cully: unacceptable
L_Cully: I hope Magus posts a story in a big fandom and it only gets one reply and it's someone correcting his spelling.
DK: I hope Magus has a drunken one night stand with Gato
SaintNick: I hope Magus finds out he's a hemophiliac after he stubs his toe.
Mozz_Sherman: MY NAME IS GATO, I HAVE SILVER JOINTS, LICK MY GEARBOX, FAGUS, AND EARN 69 SILVER POINTS
Mozz_Sherman: he sings this loud and proud so everyone in the building can hear.
SaintNick: I hope Magus' dad finally makes him get a haircut and a job. He continues to write his bad poetry, while he tells all of his coworkers at Li'l Ceasers he's going somewhere.
DK: call it off, sounds too much like my life
SaintNick: Eventually he just starts telling them he'll be assistant manager next time they have a round of promotions, but that's just as much of a lie.
L_Cully: I hope it's a
L_Cully: MULTICHAPTERED
L_Cully: story.
L_Cully: I hope Magus has to clean out the bathtub and sweep the verandah and put his laundry away and when he pauses for a drink all his lemondrop schnapps is gawne
SaintNick: Magus seems more like a golschlagger person to me
SaintNick: it's got real gold in there. It's like I'm drinking rich people!
DK: I hope Magus is still struggling with his tam o'shanter while he's heading down the icy front steps and he slips, landing hard on his hip and driving the pencil he has in his pocket into his left testicle
Mozz_Sherman: i hope magus doesn't even know the joy of tasting lemon schnapps thus never had it in his cup to begin with.
Mozz_Sherman: you know, we're kinda being dicks to him, now.
SaintNick: I hope Magus realizes how much he deserves for us to be dicks to him.
~~~
L_Cully: I hope Frawg never runs out of lemondrop schnapps ^-^
maggiekarp: I hope Magus finds out just how good Frawg is to him
~~~
Myshu: It's neko time http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=5474286
maggiekarp: meow meow whatever |:3
DK: it's never neko time
maggiekarp: I hope Magus finds someone that understands neko time :3
L_Cully: I hope Magus gets stuck in neko time :3
maggiekarp: I got some pictures of Magus making neko time awkward for his past self
~~~
DK: Also I got in trouble for griefing on SS13 because being made a revolutionary is apparently not carte blanche to stab a sleeping crewmember in the eyes with the screwdriver over and over until he's blind, then weld him into a closet
L_Cully: I hope all that happens to Magus.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #369 on: August 11, 2009, 03:45:33 pm »
Another reason why Magus is cool: the title of his remix on the CHRONOTORIOUS album.
BAMF=Bad ass mother fucker. Its a fitting title.
Very fitting indeed.

Andrelvis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 11, 2009, 06:29:57 pm »

Frog is one of the coolest characters ever. And quite possibly the coolest one on the SNES. To top it all, his theme music rocks.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #371 on: August 11, 2009, 06:56:13 pm »
Yes, Frog's theme DOES rock. Especially in the Atonement remix where it's mixed with Magus' theme.
Also, CHRONOTORIOUS has a deth rock mix for Frog's theme, and that's cool :lee:

Andrelvis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 11, 2009, 08:38:54 pm »
I got to check those out!

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 11, 2009, 10:32:18 pm »
No.

How original! Funny how almost all of the negations of the thread title are only that one word (the ones that survived deletion, anyways) without any good evidence to back it up. The other 20+ pages speak to the contrary. ;) Yes, I know you just posted that because of my post in the Stuff You Love thread. I suppose, "No" is just your alternate way of saying, "Yes" then...:P

Oh come on V, you know you still love me.

Just because I make a 1 word troll post to annoy and humor the rest of the community doesn't mean we cant be in love!

*hugs V*

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 11, 2009, 10:41:45 pm »
You know, it struck me as odd just right now.

Magus doesn't have a theme.  The OSV only has the theme for when you battle him.

"THAT IS HIS THEME!!!!11" A random newcomer may scream.  

If that's the case, then why don't the characters have battle themes for themselves and not just for bosses?

Just throwing it out there.  

IAmSerge, as far as hugging goes, it only works if V returns the hug.  Just giving you a heads-up.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 12:55:00 am by GenesisOne »