Author Topic: Is Magus really all that cool?  (Read 108674 times)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
Re: Is Magus really all that cool?
« Reply #240 on: December 14, 2008, 03:12:08 pm »
The only thing I don't like about Magus is his dialogue in the End Of Time...when did he join the mob?

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 14, 2008, 05:07:35 pm »
The only thing I don't like about Magus is his dialogue in the End Of Time...when did he join the mob?

Yeah, that always kind of threw me off. He sounded like a twelve year old.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 14, 2008, 05:15:30 pm »
yeeeh yeeeeh  yeall got whakd shee?  nyaaaa!!

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 14, 2008, 05:22:17 pm »

Yeah, that always kind of threw me off. He sounded like a twelve year old.

Sigh, compared to his famous lines in one of the endings as the prophet, he's really another person...

If history is to change, let it change! If
   the world is to be destroyed, so be it!

If my fate is to be destroyed...
   I must simply laugh!!

I'm coming, Lavos!

---------------------
Edit*

We don't know the exact age of Magus when he enters DBT, do we?
Maybe a few years  passed from the ending of CT.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 05:28:49 pm by utunnels »

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 14, 2008, 05:38:06 pm »
yeeeh yeeeeh  yeall got whakd shee?  nyaaaa!!

Holy shit that made me laugh....

"David stop talking like that...." 

"NOOOOOO SEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?"

-Dave Chapelle

But yea, the mob talk with the aliteration thrown in was...strange.  Oh, and lame.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 14, 2008, 07:32:28 pm »
Does anyone have the full version of the DS line?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #246 on: December 14, 2008, 08:19:27 pm »
I always thought it was ghetto, not ganster (or maybe gangsta)...

It's been retranslated...

Quote from: Magus
Your death was owed to weakness.

Now that's the cuddly, no-surprises-for-me-thanks, pyro (shall I burn it?), inconsiderate Magus we've all come to know & love...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 08:21:52 pm by V_Translanka »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 14, 2008, 11:46:59 pm »

:picardno

*annoyed eyebrow raised*

Can I have the f***ing line, please?

Smooth move, Exlax...Read again, read harder!

~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 08:10:29 am by V_Translanka »

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2008, 01:02:39 am »
I always thought it was ghetto, not ganster (or maybe gangsta)...

Quote from: Magus
Your death was owed to weakness.

Now that's the cuddly, no-surprises-for-me-thanks, pyro (shall I burn it?), inconsiderate Magus we've all come to know & love...

It's right there
"Your death was owed to weakness."

We should really get an annoyed Han Solo picture instead.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2008, 04:12:45 pm »
This leaves only Magus, who has essentially "died" (which explains why Frog's curse was broken).
Yeah, I always wonder how could his curse be undone. In a certain ending, Marle kisses Frog. Although that  is only a joke, but fit the fact he's cured quite well.

But if you kill Magus in game instead of let him join in, he will say if he's dead, Frog's curse will be undone. Maybe that's not an immediate effect, because Fog is still...a frog after Magus's death.

Frog: Magus!!

Magus: I...it's that stupid frog!

Kissed any princesses lately?!

Frog: I rather enjoy this form.
   And I oweth it all to you!

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2008, 07:18:45 pm »
What's that about, Tunnels?

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 16, 2008, 12:21:37 am »
Nothing, I just think it is funny... And the ending:

Frog: 'Tis a feisty crowd!
   But they are thine kin, and 'tis of
   consequence.

Queen Leene awaits.
   Your Majesty, we too shall take our
   leave.

Marle: Mr. Frog...

Frog: ...
   Long farewells ne'er were
   necessary.

Marle: Right!
   Besides, actions speak louder than
   words!

Lucca: Yeah. Don't these things end
   with the princess kissing the frog?

Afinho

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 26, 2008, 08:39:05 pm »
There is nothing in the human body a machine can't mimic, so yes Robo can have a personality.

Robo is the best not Magus!!!!

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I was doing some lurking and I saw this comment and thought that I had to join the debate. What you said is both right AND wrong. Think of a human's (or any biological creature)'s brain as a massive flowchart. It surveys every single situation (ie prompted by a stimulus) and acts accordingly (think of it like getting up when your alarm goes off, or pulling your hand away from a hot surface). Now for voluntary actions like breathing, our heart beating and blinking, these actions have been programmed into our brains since birth, it in our DNA, to help us survive, we cannot help doing these things, like a robot or computer. They are programmed to carry out a given reaction when prompted just like a human.

However a lot of actions that humans carry out are involuntary, this is that we have a free will. Think back to the flowhart I was talking about. In a human the flowchart can change ON IT'S OWN (typical of most biological creatures), when a human learns that a better outcome comes with different responses (ie not carlessley walking into a street to not get killed by a speeding car), or a stimulus propmts the brain to expect another stimulus (ie knowing that if you hear discussion you expect to see a person), in such circumstances a human's brain /flowchart can ASSESS a situation an react accordinly even if it has never experienced it before, so in essence a human can allter it's flowchart (not just that but we do it on a constant basis). So yes a robot can reproduce the brain of a human, but this is only in one state of time, the programmed flowchart remains fixed in a robot so therefore only a limited amount (contrasting with an infinite amount for humans) of actions can be carried out by a robot, unless programmed from an exterior intellegence to do otherwise.

In addition, humans are capable of abstract emotions (such as love, hate, lust, happiness, despair etc) caused by chemichals in the brain. These make humans act out of turn and completley disregard sensible judgement, again altering the flowchart. Robot can never EVER fell emotions, you cna tell because emotions are incomprehensible and cannot be explained even by words. Thus, however entertaineing the storyline of Chrono Trigger is, this aspect (and many others) are impossible. And thus personality (personality being how these emotions are balanced and how the brain conditions itself) cannot

So what you said is pefectly correct in the storyline of Chrono Trigger, but the statement in general is false. So I belive yes you CAN like Robo for his endearing personality because he DOES have one, the one the storywriters gave him. So it futlie to argue that Robots don't have personality, thus Robo does not have one (someone that the quotee was stating in response to) because Chrono Trigger isn't real life.

Duh.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 08:44:23 pm by Afinho »

Afinho

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 26, 2008, 09:20:04 pm »
Mortal Kombat wasn't good...not even the first one (not to mention the extra horrible sequels & television series). Lu Kang not ONCE throws a fireball...wtf is up w/that BS? Surely not as bad as the Van Dam Street Fighter movie, but it was a close race...Fighting game movies especially need to stay in the realm of anime it seems.

As for Marle (why the awkward jump in subject, Mikey?)...She's a singular healer with one of the weakest Magic attacks (not to mention weakest physical attack). Supposedly she makes up for it with Haste, but I've never bought that (Haste Helms on 3 good characters>Marle casting haste on two good characters & wasting space with herself). Her character is ok for a princess character, not as annoying as most that follow that cliché, and her yelling at the guards during her father's Rainbow Shell trial was priceless, but overall, I found her one of the most bland.

They just NEVER learn, they are doing a live-action DBZ movie...................... nuff said?

If not go and watch the trailer.......... i don't need to say anything else.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 26, 2008, 09:28:40 pm »

They just NEVER learn, they are doing a live-action DBZ movie...................... nuff said?

If not go and watch the trailer.......... i don't need to say anything else.

That is the most horrendous thing I have heard for awhile. Who would think that's a good idea? Movies have to go through multiple stages of approval with many people involved before they get made. You'd think just one person in that chain of events would have said "Hey guys, uh...this whole live-action DBZ movie thing...not a good idea".