Poll

Who would win in a fight?

Crono
40 (70.2%)
Serge
17 (29.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Crono vs. Serge  (Read 11809 times)

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
Crono vs. Serge
« on: April 14, 2008, 08:10:33 pm »
Crono and Serge, allies unkown to eachother across time. I don't know How or Why they would fight, but let's just say that they did. Who would win?

Im sorry if this has already been posted before :p

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Crono vs. Serge
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 08:29:58 pm »
It should be Crono Vs Serge Vs Serge...CC Serge was a putz...but I guess if it's straight battle RD Serge doesn't have much of a chance unless you count one of the alternate scenarios...The Enigmatic Gigaweapon: Paradise X!!!

Anyways...Crono no contest. CC Serge only has 3 Techs and his Magic hasn't been unlocked like Crono. CC Serge just uses Elements...anyone can equip Elements. Crono also has more experience and actually FOUGHT the final battle with Lavos, unlike Serge, who just uses the Chrono Cross against the Devourer of Time...:P

Swords>"Swallows"

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 08:38:46 pm »
Swords < Swallows

I'm sorry , I just had to disagree with you there. You bring up a good point in my little fight scene, but you're talking about a  STAFF WITH BLADES ON THE END!

Making it 2 fighting styles in one.

Also, The first time many gamers played through Chrono Cross, like me they had little or no clue how to use the Chrono Cros against the Time Devourer. Thus they had to defeat it with brute force.

And on top of that, Crono wields a katana. Kendo isn't a very flexible style, and if you ever miss an attack it leaves you wides open. Kendo involves simple straight slashes (along with no stabbing), while The swallow doesn't even have a style of it's own. It's a much more flexible weapon, letting not only slashes be used, but swipes, stabs, and it gives you much more leverage in a grappling situation.

So, yeah. >:U

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 09:24:50 pm »
Zidane Tribal from Final Fantasy IX used "Thieves Blades" or something of the sort, and they looked an awful lot like Swallows.  But remember... A Swallow is pretty much a bladed oar.  So you can fight with them AND you can win a canoe race against Korcha.

CHA-CHA-CHA!

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 09:36:21 pm »
Quote from: x_XTacTX_x
you're talking about a  STAFF WITH BLADES ON THE END!

No, we're talking about a freaking SHARPENED OAR!!!

Making one gay weapon for one gay tropical-themed douchebag.

Also, The first time many gamers played through Chrono Cross, like me they had little or no clue how to use the Chrono Cros against the Time Devourer. Thus they had to defeat it with brute force.

Yeah, I was speaking canon-ically...?

And on top of that, Crono wields a katana.

Not all of Crono's weapons are straight-up katanas...

Aeon Blade/Ancient Sword

AlloyBlade/Diamond Sword

Demon Edge/Zanmatou (Demon Killer Knife)

Flint Edge/Mammoth Sword

Star Sword/Sky King Sword

not to mention...

A MOP!!!

So, as you can see, Crono is a master at various sword types, not just teh katana...or, at the very least, he's skilled enough to modify his own style to suite various weapons.

Quote from: Boo
Zidane Tribal from Final Fantasy IX used "Thieves Blades" or something of the sort, and they looked an awful lot like Swallows.  But remember... A Swallow is pretty much a bladed oar.

You beat me to the punch on the oar thing because I was looking for all those damned images (there should be a page for images of each specific type of weapon)...and Zidane's Thief Blades were more two daggers attached at the bottom of the hilt...which I think are a touch cooler than CC Serge's sharpened oars...though nowhere near as cool as Zidane double fisting daggers! Why that wasn't his ultimate weapon, I'll never know...V_V

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 10:02:29 pm »
Well, BWAAAAAH. T_T

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 10:03:24 pm »
You beat me to the punch on the oar thing because I was looking for all those damned images (there should be a page for images of each specific type of weapon)...and Zidane's Thief Blades were more two daggers attached at the bottom of the hilt...which I think are a touch cooler than CC Serge's sharpened oars...though nowhere near as cool as Zidane double fisting daggers! Why that wasn't his ultimate weapon, I'll never know...V_V

Agreed.  A million billion times over.  The dual daggers were so much cooler than the Thief Blades...  I remember finally getting the Ultima Weapon (I think that's what it was called in FFIX) and finding it a huge disappointment.  Then I went and kicked Ozma's spherical ass.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 10:24:42 pm »
... Ok Crono wins I am sorry.

Crono has luminare and so much more.

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 10:33:41 pm »
Not to mention Crono has a multi-hit attack.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 10:41:56 pm »
But in Serge's defense... He DOES have the Mastermune on his side, and that WOULD truly come in handy.  Those Critical Hits in rapid succession could cause some real damage.

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 11:05:02 pm »
But in Serge's defense... He DOES have the Mastermune on his side, and that WOULD truly come in handy.  Those Critical Hits in rapid succession could cause some real damage.
Yeah... well Crono has teh Shiva Edge; 4x damage on critical.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 11:06:41 pm »
Quote from: the Mass
Serge would win, as he is the Arbiter of the Frozen Flame. The arbiter can use the Frozen Flame. Serge's Strongest Tech is stronger than Crono's. If Serge is at 99* we won't even have a fight. Serge will just rape Chrono. Not only is Luminaire Serge's lvl 5 tech skill, but you still have to deal with his high level magics like Holy light and Saints, not to mention he's going to peg Crono up to 6 times before even launching a skill. Plus that, Serge's master weapon is a STRONGER version of Masamune, and is a lot stronger then Then Crono's rainbow gear.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 11:17:00 pm »
And I bet Schala would be more likely to aide Serge than Crono, seeing as how her "intervention" pretty much shaped a significant amount of Chrono Cross.

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 11:45:02 pm »
Don't forget about crono Prims Specs and Rainbow

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 03:51:07 am »
Serge would win, as he is the Arbiter of the Frozen Flame. The arbiter can use the Frozen Flame.

Yeah, because we all saw how well using the Frozen Flame went for Serge...>_> Being the Arbiter just allowed him access to the room in which the Frozen Flame was housed in Chronopolis. As Lynx proved, anyone with his form could've gained access.

Serge's Strongest Tech is stronger than Crono's.

Oh what planet are you getting that information?

If Serge is at 99* we won't even have a fight. Serge will just rape Chrono.

Yeah, because being able to summon's really going to help Serge...Crono's Lvl ** means more than Serge's.

Not only is Luminaire Serge's lvl 5 tech skill, but you still have to deal with his high level magics like Holy light and Saints, not to mention he's going to peg Crono up to 6 times before even launching a skill.

Yeah, Serge's Luminaire is obviously a watered down version and is just plainly an entirely different Tech. By "high level magics", you mean Chrono Cross Elements, which ANYONE can equip! That last bit is just game mechanics...that's basically for an CT's Active Time Battle system Vs CC's Cross Sequence Battle system discussion...I don't know how you can apply that to a battle between the two of them...

Plus that, Serge's master weapon is a STRONGER version of Masamune, and is a lot stronger then Then Crono's rainbow gear.

Says who?

Quote from: Rainbow Stats
Attack: 220
Stat Increase: 122
Base Critical Hit Rate: 70%

Quote from: Mastermune Stats
Attack: +23
Hit %: +4%
Special: High critical hit rate

Or, like mentioned...

Quote from: Shiva Edge Stats
Attack: 170
Stat Increase: 95
Base Critical Hit Rate: 7%
Effects: 4x damage on critical hit

Add to that the fact that Crono knows almost 3x as many actual Techs than Serge and has access to actual Magic...Serge is simply left in the dust.